PDA

View Full Version : New Member

IanCT
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Folks, long time reader - like most forum websites I belong to (IT, Photography, Cars) there's always tons of great people and information and I particularly like the fact that LEO's are members and answer questions posed to the LE community.

I've never owned or carried a gun except while on duty in the CG, (the only time I could legally LOC :D ) I recently purchased a Walther P22 for home defense and range shooting (Yes I've heard the argument of a .22 vs a .45 for home defense, but I'm a good shot and can unload a full mag to get the job done. Or at least double-tap... :D ) Due to budget constraints, I will eventually get the Beretta 92FS since I was a pretty good shot with it, or a Sig P226.

I live in Solano County (Vallejo) which isn't the best neighborhood right now due to the upbeat in crime/shootings/robberies/B&E's (or maybe it's the mainstream media reporting more on it), and with the current state of our declining police force (I wish we had more, I personally like the police officers in my town, every time I've come in contact with them at the 7-Eleven or Starbucks, they've always been quite friendly) I finally felt a reason to buy my first personal firearm, even if it is only a .22 :D Even my wife agreed with me and she hates guns. My next feat will be getting her to accompany me to the range. ;)

So hello from me, I love reading this forum - I've literally spent hours here, and I will continue to do so.

Thanks!

Harley
02-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Hello and welcome!

VIGILANCE
02-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Welcome to Calguns

GuidoGuns
02-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Ahoy,
From an active duty CG Gunner's Mate! Congrats on the new family member, now take your P22 out for a spin. Now that you've caught the bug another won't be far behind.

-AJ

bsg
02-23-2010, 5:31 PM
welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing about yourself.

t0kie
02-23-2010, 6:49 PM
Welcome to the club.
________
MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES GOLETA (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

IanCT
02-23-2010, 9:11 PM
Ahoy,
From an active duty CG Gunner's Mate! Congrats on the new family member, now take your P22 out for a spin. Now that you've caught the bug another won't be far behind.

Right you are. ;) I put 450 rounds through it today. Nice little piece - 9mm next. The guy in the lane next to me had a hand canon .45 which is a little too overkill for me, but I enjoyed the big boom.

-Ian

mrlonewolf
02-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Welcome to Calguns.

blisster
02-24-2010, 3:18 PM
Welcome, always good to know there's another V-Town calgunner out there! Stay safe!

dellgsg5
02-24-2010, 3:19 PM
Welcome to calguns!