PDA

View Full Version : Para 1911's?

cwiz
02-22-2010, 2:52 PM
I was looking at Para 1911's and it looks like they have some size/option combos legal in CA that others dont. A lot of 4.5 and 3.5" barrel options. Do they have any quality concerns versus, for example, a springfield PX9142LP loaded champion? I see they both have life time warranties. Any comments?

HappyG
02-22-2010, 2:59 PM
ParaOrd is a great company. Long history in the 1911 market. If you see something you like, get it!

Mikeb
02-22-2010, 3:47 PM
Hold it in your hand before you buy. The double stacks don't fit or point as well for me. Since we are restricted to ten rounds I'll stick to the original.
take care
Mike

sammy
02-22-2010, 4:25 PM
I have stayed away because of reliability problems and very poor machining. My brother had a Warthawg that had lots of metal shavings and rough edges in the slide assemby. Not a good start. We cleaned it up and the damn thing would not make it through a simgle mag without a malfunction. He sent it back to the factory and it took a good 3 months if I remember correctly. It came back with a new slide. The only reason we knew was because it was more rough than the previous slide. Needless to say the problems persisted so he sold it back to the dealer. Lesson learned. From what I understand the 5" models are better.