PDA

View Full Version : Czech CZ 70 pistol legal in CA?

blano86
02-22-2010, 8:53 AM
Is the Czech CZ 70 .32 ACP Pistol Legal in CA. They look really cool and I am itchen' to get one. I found one online. If anyone knows let me know. CA is getting ridiculous with it's gun laws. Hopefully not to the point of outlawing this fine handgun.

Thanks
Blane

Rukus
02-22-2010, 9:10 AM
The List (http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/)

djleisure
02-22-2010, 9:51 AM
Sorry, but according to CA, that gun kills babies if you even look at it funny. It is not on the approved CA handgun list, so you will either need to find one already in the state for sale and do a PPT on it, or it can be legally imported for and sold to LEO.

blano86
02-22-2010, 2:51 PM
That is a bummer. How about a CZ 52? It is not on the list but it is a C&R. Do C&R's get exempt from the list but still have to only be 10rds. or under magazine?

djleisure
02-22-2010, 3:11 PM
Well, by clicking the link given above and reading the very first (and only) paragraph on the page, I'd say C&R is exempt. ;)

Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.