PDA

View Full Version : Info Request For Davis Range Location

Hopi
02-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Just outside of the city of Davis, on the levy. Can somebody send me some directions to the area?

We're in preliminary stages of organizing an ongoing C3 cleanup effort....

Also, anybody in the area with a *little bit* of free time, we could use a project manager to help coordinate volunteers.....

Thanks!

daveyshooter
05-08-2010, 8:49 PM
Hopi,
Go to Google Earth and key-in: 38 degrees35' 11.71"N, 121 degrees51'10.89"W
That will get you there.
Then zoom out a bit and note the roads back to where will be coming from.
Good Luck.

Rigma
05-09-2010, 12:47 AM
That looks like the location of the Yolo Sportsmen's Association. I don't think that is the place Hopi means. I have seen quite a few descriptions of locations posted "near the levy." Most seem to describe a different place. I'm not sure if 'near the levy' means near the deep water channel, or near some dry random dirt mound.

Anyway, if we can nail down a location I would be happy to help in the organization of this effort. Give me an exact location and I will drive over after work and post pics so we know what we are up against.

On a side note: The Yolo landfill is not that far away...I can see who we need the thumbs up from to get a few truck loads thru for free based on a 'charity/environmental clean-up event'.

loditt
05-09-2010, 3:44 PM
+1 on the location. Use to go to UCD and have heard about the patch of land but the BLM Mother Lode office claims there is no land in Davis where you can shoot.

vincentk
05-09-2010, 8:14 PM
I would be happy to help out with this effort as well.

Plywood
05-09-2010, 8:50 PM
I'm in the area also and I would like to help out. Whre is this "levy" location? Is it out by the landfill?

50 Freak
06-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Used to live in Davis and there is a spot next to the levy where you just sit on top of the levy and shoot into the dirt. Shot up metal posts are all around, the water with ducks and such swim to your right and you can see the 80 freeway from there.

Is this the place you guys are thinking of?