02-19-2010, 8:10 PM
Hey folks,

LA POLICE GEAR (http://www.lapolicegear.com/) is having a 16% discount sale on all their products. (All other promotions are also still in effect).

This is only a two day sale, and will end 2/21/2010, midnight PST.

Enter the coupon code when checking out:

Coupon Code: SLLAG

In Christ: Raymond

02-19-2010, 9:43 PM
Just to save you all the hassle I had. Tried to use a promo code with these yahoos... Got an order confiramtion and then a backorder email the next day. After lying to me for 5 months, promising to call back and then blaming a very upstanding manufacturer for the delay, they never shipped my order and when I complained they stated I was "never a customer". Funny... still getting those "customer appreciation" emails though...

Google them... bunch of people have had issues. They are cheap, so if you can live without whatever you're ordering then order... if you absolutely need it, find someone reliable to deal with.

Forewarned is forearmed.

02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
i've had two experiences with LAPG. The first time UPS lost my package and it took two months for me to get my rifle case. The reason why it took so long was because LAPG for some reason told them that I had received it after I made the claim...Not to the fault of LAPG, however, I was told that everytime I call UPS about my claim, it closes out my old one and starts a new one which takes a 7-10 BUSINESS day claim process. Needless to say, many emails, chat sessions, and voicemails later, I got my bag.

My second order was for some surefire flashlights that come with Bail out bags. One thing that I found out was that their website does not have real time inventory systems running and thus my BOB's were OOS. When I online chatted with them, they told me that they expect the bags in 3-4 weeks with no guarantee. I asked if I could replace it with credit towards something else in which they offered $8 on a $20 bag.

With all that said, I got lucky and the bags came in this week and shipped.

All in all, their products and pricing can't be beat. The BOB quality is excellent and their BDU pants are great! My brother has had many fantastic transactions with them and i'd say i'm ok with my two orders cuz in the end i got what i wanted though delayed on both orders.

I won't hesitate to order again, especially with those coupons and the .99 tactical hats! I think i will check inventory with them first prior to ordering..

Shawn L
02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
$8.42 to ship 3 small patches is kind a ridiculous. Can't they use USPS for small stuff.

EDIT: 7.99 to ship USPS is still to much with no tracking #.

02-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I placed my order earlier order 10 pants a couple shirts and a bag ... and only got charged 10.90 shipping via UPS ...

02-19-2010, 10:51 PM
All my orders have gone smoothy. Items only take a single day to down to SD which is great.

02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Multiple orders not a single issue. Ordered stuff that is on the closeouts without issue as well as regular priced items. One day to get the items in LA (the valley). Sorry to hear others have had issues.

02-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Hey folks,

LA POLICE GEAR (http://www.lapolicegear.com/) is having a 16% discount sale on all their products. (All other promotions are also still in effect).

This is only a two day sale, and will end 2/21/2010, midnight PST.

Enter the coupon code when checking out:

Coupon Code: SLLAG

In Christ: Raymond

Thanks just spent another $150 dollars :p

02-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Ordered from them on 3 different occasions. All 3 times something I ordered was not in stock. They did call me each time to let me know but it is kinda irritating that you are not able to know the stock levels until after you place the order.

I did get the in-stock items quickly and their prices are competitive for an in-state vendor.

02-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks, Raymond! :thumbsup:

When's the next 5.11 promo? :)

02-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Thank you a second time Raymond.

I've been wanting to get a few things from them and have been waiting for another coupon opportunity.

I've placed one order with them before. Zero problems and fast shipping. Hopefully this will be more of the same.

Thanks again.

02-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I have had 5-6 orders with LAPG and had only one issue with a free belt that never came with the pants. I called and was told it would be sent, two weeks later, nothing. I E-mailed and got a response that day that said it would be sent out again. I got it shortly thereafter. My only real complaint is the shipping. It shouldn't take more than a few days and often my orders take 1-2 weeks.

02-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Of all the times I've ordered from LAPG, I've had 1 incident of an item missing, and after speaking with them over the phone and sending an email with some info from the packing slip, they had a replacement shipped out the next day and I had it in my hands 3 days after that. Generally shipping takes 2-4 days, never paid an unreasonable shipping charge either.

02-20-2010, 4:58 PM
I placed a first time order with LAPG on Friday 02/12. I receive a confirmation
for the 4 different items I ordered.

On 02/16, I receive an email that on of my items (CLP) is backordered but expected in soon and they will ship the order complete when it arrives. I look a little closer at my order and noticed they had cancelled another item completely off my order but never told me or even mentioned it in the wording of the email. It was a closeout item, so I'll never ever see it. So right now they have a 50% in stock rate for the 4 items I ordered. That stinks. Plus their communication stinks.

This type of service reminds me of my first dealings with Botach Tactical. I will be calling them on Monday to cancel my order. I'll pay extra to not have to deal with this type of not in stock BS. If you don't have it, then it shouldn't be listed for sale on the website. Secondly, If for some reason your inventory is incorrect and you find out you don't have the item that was ordered, then call your customer and offer them a comparable item or even an upgraded one at the same price. That's called service!

02-22-2010, 2:07 PM
From the top of their Closeout page:

"Please be aware that the closeout items are in limited supply. If these items are out of stock on your order, they will be cancelled off of your order without notice in order to expedite the shipment of in stock items. All closeout sales are final."

I don't like that they do not have a live inventory listing, but they do state that for things on closeouts. On items that are in various sizes, they do try to update what sizes are available as stock goes out. I do have an order pending, and two of the items now show "shipment inbound" (their vernacular for "out of stock").

02-22-2010, 2:19 PM
all my orders with LAPG have been pretty smooth. on one order they forgot to ship the free belt with the pants. it took about a month for them to get that out to me.

however, i am still waiting for some back ordered pants (going on 2 months). since i'm not in a huge hurry and they do not charge you for items until they ship, i'm a-ok playing the waiting game.

02-22-2010, 8:11 PM
I do wish that they had a current stock listing on the website, but the 4-5 orders I've placed with them over the past year have all been handled professionally.

I'm willing to accept a somewhat lower level of service for really cheap prices. I pretty much only buy the stuff on clearance from them.

02-22-2010, 8:29 PM
Only good experiences with LAPG!OP thanks for the coupon!

02-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Only good experiences here too!

Also, in case you missed the last coupon code the new one is for 10% off: tweet

02-26-2010, 1:29 PM
I must admit, my packages are getting here faster and faster with each order. I got my order yesterday. Everything was in the package and in great shape. Now I have to complain about UPS. The box itself was thrashed. It looks like my box was on the back of a shelf and the box in front was slammed into mine over and over again. Luckily it was only clothing.

02-26-2010, 3:42 PM
very fast shipping. I am definitely gonna order from them again.