PDA

View Full Version : Turner's 8 Gun Cabinet $109

Deal
02-19-2010, 12:25 AM
http://www.turners.com/siteimages/gifads/021910ad-2.gif

Two of them are going to my place for ammo storage.

Stack On is better quality than those Walmart metal bins they called safes.

bigcalidave
02-19-2010, 12:41 AM
You can't buy enough steel to make a box that big for $100.... I don't want to store my guns in a tin foil cabinet.

Guys PLEASE don't buy safes this cheap! It would take anyone less than 30 seconds to open that thing. If you care about your guns, get a real safe.

Deal
02-19-2010, 12:56 AM
You can't buy enough steel to make a box that big for $100.... I don't want to store my guns in a tin foil cabinet.

Guys PLEASE don't buy safes this cheap! It would take anyone less than 30 seconds to open that thing. If you care about your guns, get a real safe.

Maybe you didn't read my post.

AMMO STORAGE.

You cant go buy a decent lockable metal cabinet for under $100.

This is better than a plain locker for ammo/gear.

johnthomas
02-19-2010, 1:04 AM
Those arent safes, their cabinets. They are perfect for ammo storage. If you have money to buy an expensive safe for your ammo, go ahead.

team1320
02-19-2010, 1:09 AM
you planing on adding shelves?

Deal
02-19-2010, 1:11 AM
you planing on adding shelves?

As needed.

intensefab
02-19-2010, 8:04 AM
They had the Buffalo River safe on sale last week for $299. It's decent for what it is and it's DOJ approved.

n2k
02-19-2010, 8:21 AM
I use a couple of these for ammo storage also....works great

professionalcoyotehunter
02-19-2010, 8:24 AM
Thanks deal for letting us know. I wish I had a turners close by.

makav3li
02-19-2010, 8:25 AM
its better than nothing

2600fromAtari
02-19-2010, 8:28 AM
They had the Buffalo River safe on sale last week for $299. It's decent for what it is and it's DOJ approved.

Really??? Damn it! I would have picked it up for $299. I saw it yesterday in person and while it's not the best safe, I wouldn't pass it up for $299.

Blood Ocean
02-19-2010, 10:28 AM
You guys are tripping about these safes. They hold guns just fine but your safe should never be the only line of defense. I have a couple of these loaded to the gills, a monitored alarm system, and insurance for every one of my guns. Also I never make it obvious when guns are coming or going from my house. The safe is an absolute last line of defense because even a $10,000 safe can be cracked. The insurance is better than the safe because at least you'll get your money back if something does happen.

Oldbud
02-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Maybe you didn't read my post.

AMMO STORAGE.

You cant go buy a decent lockable metal cabinet for under $100.

This is better than a plain locker for ammo/gear.Ditto... I was considering these since the ad email arrived.

PatriotnMore
02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Does Turners deliver?

Dollar
02-19-2010, 10:47 AM
as far as adding shelves...any tips on how to do it and what materials?

ledman
02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
lol, I bought one of these to shoot my ammo AT it...
yeah, good for ammo and stuff, but would not keep my guns in there...

Thanks for the heads up DEAL!! I am heading over to Turners in Orange today to just "look around" or as my wifes says, go to buy stuff I really don't need, lol! AMMO! GOTTA HAVE MORE AMMO I TELL HER!!

Capt Jack
02-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I use one of these for my 2 rifles and ammo. Bolted to the wall, it would deter a casual smash and grab thief. Certainly good enough to keep kids out. Besides, any decently competent burgler with tools and some time can get into any "real" safe. Just watch the videos on You Tube if you don't believe me, I was shocked too... :eek:

As others have posted the best defense is to not cover your car with NRA stickers and be discreet when taking your guns out to your car. If someone knows you have a bunch of expensive guns and they want to get them, its a simple matter of casing your place and waiting until its empty with everyone at work. With enough time, even the most expensive safe can be penetrated.

Now, that's not to say that I am not saving up for a larger and better safe and will relegate this one to ammo storage eventually, but for the short term, this highly beats sticking your guns under the bed or in the closet...:rolleyes:

I paid $130 for mine at the LGS and thought it was a good deal, this is a steal!

novabrian
02-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on the $399 one? I need a safe I just don't have $800+ to buy a really good one.

Deal
02-19-2010, 2:29 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on the $399 one? I need a safe I just don't have $800+ to buy a really good one.

I may be wrong but I thought I read here on "The Safe Outlet's" thread (located in Temecula) that they were willing to take payments even on some of thier discounted models.

If you don't have to throw away $400+ on a cheap safe and can get a really good one that could give you some fire protection from the Safe Outlet (I am not affiliated and have never done business with them myself, yet) and make payments... even if you pick up the safe in a month or two. It seems like a better deal to me.

Tip: when buying a gun safe always buy bigger than you currently need. Trust me, it is far better to grow into it instead of growing out of it and needing to go bigger soon after.

paul0660
02-19-2010, 2:43 PM
its better than nothing

Way.

intensefab
02-19-2010, 2:57 PM

I picked that one up last week for $299, it's ok and it's bolted to the wall. It would take some serious work to break into it.

E-120
02-19-2010, 4:04 PM
What about the Champion safe for 599? How is it?

2600fromAtari
02-19-2010, 4:16 PM
Does Turners deliver?

When I talked to someone at Turners in San Diego yesterday, he said they deliver for $150. Don't know about any other location.

Rekrab
02-19-2010, 5:20 PM
Does anyone have any experience with that Champion Safe? That's right in my budget and would probably fit nicely in my current accommodations.

Or if you can suggest something better and similar for the same price I'd be interested. I live in Orange and don't have a huge budget to shell out for delivery, so whatever I get needs to be able to fit in the back of a Suburban >.>

mievil
02-19-2010, 9:06 PM

These are DOJ approved as well.