View Full Version : New Oakland Member

02-18-2010, 7:59 PM
I'm glad to have found this group! Negotiating the laws in California, and especially Oakland, will be easier if I can share the group's experience. And it seems like there are things other CA shooters can do for each other than a dealer can't. I'll try to stop by the table at one of the SF shows.

I'm also pleased by the thoughtful and respectful tone of the group; while folks in other states (I'm a 4th generation Californian) seem to think we're crazy, it seems the other way a lot of the time.

I haven't owned a gun for ages, but my brother in law is a practical shooting range officer trainer who shoots .45's and my son likes to shoot 9mm, so I thought I'd join the fun. I will be looking for a light Commander-size .45 DA/SA with decock; the SW99 is near the top of my list (I've heard about the slides); the P220 seems a bit large and the P345 has no decock anymore.

I don't care much about carry. Oakland is no Walnut Creek and the local thugs could take away your gun before you ever got it out. Let them shoot at each other.

02-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome aboard!

02-19-2010, 8:33 AM

02-19-2010, 2:48 PM
Hello and welcome.

02-19-2010, 3:23 PM
an other Oakland guy... I feel your pain
take care

02-19-2010, 3:34 PM
Oakland needs you! Stand up and be heard! (in the case of the city counsel IGNORED!)
Welcome to this fine board.

B Strong
02-19-2010, 4:33 PM
Welcome aboard Ted.

Please check out

And see how you can help in the fight for Second Amendment rights in California.