View Full Version : new member!

02-18-2010, 5:35 PM
Hi guys im new to this thread and pretty much new to the sports of shooting and hunting. Im looking to purchase my first rifle soon, mainly for plinkin and varmint hunting for now. I've decided on a 10/22 ruger, looked around and found some good prices online but the local shops charge $75 bucks to do transfer from another dealer+$30 for the background check :mad: Does anyone know of any gunsmiths or perhaps clubs that can do it for less? Im located in the San Gabriel Valley area and i travel between here and riverside on a regular basis. Any help would be appreciated, meanwhile I will be visiting the market place on this forum and check some local shops, looking to land a good deal on a 10/22. But aside from that point, I hope to learn from this site as much as possible and can't wait to get my first gun! :D

02-18-2010, 8:38 PM
Welcome to Calguns!!!!

02-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Hello and welcome!

B Strong
02-19-2010, 4:37 PM
Welcome aboard.

Please check out

And see how you can help in the fight for Second Amendment rights in California.

02-19-2010, 4:44 PM

02-26-2010, 9:14 PM
hey guys thanks for the warm welcome! I've been doing a lot of research here and there lately and been luring on rimfirecentral as well. In fact, I just got a 10/22 ruger from Turner's that is on sale. Can't wait to pick it up!! :43: I look forward to learning all I can and hopefully I can contribute as much as I learn!