PDA

View Full Version : 4 Day Handgun Class at Frontsight, NV 3/19 - 3/22 for a Donation!

nevster
02-18-2010, 8:37 AM
4 - Day Defensive Handgun Course at Frontsight for FREE

WHEN: March 19th – 22nd, 2010 Friday – Monday
WHERE: Frontsight, Pahrump 10 miles from Tecopa Rd. & Hwy 160
WHY: Diamond Members Birthday Party for Friends & Family. Max. 40 Guests,
needing 50% of shooters who have never attended Frontsight. In addition to anybody who has already been there before is welcome too.

HOW
MUCH: Any amount of donation for attending the class (including ammo as a donation), $50 for one time background check by Frontsight at time of application. Donation can be handled at time of shoot.

Regardless of your experience prior to entering this course, upon completion, your gun handling, marksmanship, and tactical skills will be better than they have ever been and you will be able to safely and easily draw your weapon from a CONCEALED holster and fire two,sighted shots to the center of a target 5 yards away - all under 1.5 seconds! That`s right, from a concealed holster in 1.5 seconds! You will understand the principles of tactics and have multiple opportunities to use your acquired skills under the stress of simulated, lethal encounters. This course is a must for anyone who chooses to own or carry a handgun for self-defense.

Lecture Topics and Firing Range Drills:
As outlined in Two-Day Defensive Handgun with added emphasis on Concealed Carry; Low Light and Night Shooting; Tactical Training Simulation using Realistic Reactive Targets in Shoot/No Shoot Scenarios; and Target Engagement from Arms Length to 25 yards under Time Pressure. Course also includes Evening Supplemental Lectures on Shotgun and Rifle topics with Staff Social, Single Elimination Shoot-off, and Distinguished Graduate Skills Evaluation.
IF YOU OR ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE INTERESTED IN THIS FABULOUS ONE TIME OPPORTUNITY ON March 19th – 22nd, 2010 THEN CONTACT: Neven Bacich at (209) 756-0029 or nevster@hushmail.com for more info. & application.
Visit Frontsight at http://www.frontsight.com/ for more information and FAQ’s

Don’t miss out on this genuine opportunity that is right around the corner!

DEADLINE: March 5th last day to sign up for this class – no exceptions!

We just had a successful 4 day handgun shoot with Calgunner's kickin butt and graduating the class. Thanks to all who attended. Please post any responses to the class you may want to share with others. Hope anybody who can make it will.

VictorFranko
02-18-2010, 9:15 AM
We just had a successful 4 day handgun shoot with Calgunner's kickin butt and graduating the class. Thanks to all who attended. Please post any responses to the class you may want to share with others. Hope anybody who can make it will.

You call that successful??? It was more than successful, it was a blast!!!!
We ended up with a great little group and had a great time.
If you haven't been to FS yet, don't miss the chance.
Great facility and great training.
Thanks again, Neven!

GreyMinotaur
02-18-2010, 6:04 PM
Thanks, Neven, for making all this possible!

I had a great time, met a lot of wonderful people, and learned a LOT. Front Sight is an amazing facility. I was very impressed with the quality of instruction. I finally understand what it means to have the "comfort of skill at arms."

nevster
02-19-2010, 6:35 PM
No problem guys. It was great meeting all of you and shooting with you all. If you know of anybody who would like to take the 4 day, Frank the Security guard is opening it up for anybody who is willing to make the trip.

Here is the information to sign up. On the top of the application you put these words: "Frank Patterson Handgun Party 3/19 - 3/22" Where it asked for payment type and cost you just put N/A and fill in the rest of the application like usual. Send in your $50 for the background check. When you send in your application on time, you're in like Flynn.

Here is the link to download the application. http://www.frontsight.com/pdf/509161529.pdf

Any questions just PM or email me. Lets fill this class and have a blast!

Nachoman
02-19-2010, 7:57 PM
I'm actually very interested in this. I assume this course would be great for a complete handgun novice?

VictorFranko
02-20-2010, 5:27 AM
I'm actually very interested in this. I assume this course would be great for a complete handgun novice?

Actually, believe it or not, a course like this better for a novice because you have not yet developed any bad habits.
The old saying "It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks" is true, but this one is more true "It is hard to change the bad habits of an old dog".
You will learn the correct way to handle, load, draw from the holster, aim, shoot, unload, work through problems and malfunctions, work with and shoot using flashlights, just about anything that can be covered in four days is covered.
FS is a very nice facility with great instructors.
For the small donation asked, add four nights at the Saddle West ($250 which includes a nice breakfast buffet) and you can not go wrong.
Hmmmm.......now I wanna go too!

Steve G
02-20-2010, 7:55 AM
nevster,

do you guys still have room for one more in March?

GreyMinotaur
02-20-2010, 2:04 PM
Looks like we had a reporter take the class at the same time we did. The story is in the Los Angeles Examiner. Very COOL!

http://ww.examiner.com/x-2698-Charlotte-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m2d11-Armed-defense-at-Front-Sight-How-competent-are-you

VictorFranko
02-22-2010, 7:38 AM
bump

nevster
02-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Yes there is still room in the class. I think it will fill up. Since Frank's a security guard out there at FS I don't think it's policy to accept cash so he shoots 38 and .40 cal ammo and thats OK to give.

It would be great to shoot with you all again so do consider it. I assure you these opportunities (at least for me) won't come around much again for I don't know anyone else with a party left to throw.

How often can you train for considerably less than what the ammo costs?

sootytom
02-23-2010, 9:55 AM
hey I just finished 2 weeks of AMAZING TRAINING AT FRONT SIGHT thanks to neven and john's partys I'm fairly new to guns thanks to our president. I joined our local range and shoot regularly 10,000+ rounds last year and i've gotten better but I hit a wall and my range trips lately were just going out blowing up ammo.
Everything WILL BE DIFFERENT NOW AFTER 8 DAYS AT FRONT SIGHT I've realize how crappy I was training my 1st class was 4day handgun
HOLY SH-T what a class I learned more in the first 4 hours about shooting my glocks than all of last year on my own and I bought every book on shooting NOTHING IS AS GOOD AS PRO. INSTRUCTION ,AND FRONT SIGHT DELIVERED
It does'nt matter how many guns you own, how much they cost , what brands they are, what type of sights,
optics,trigger, or silver bullets you shoot IF YOU CAN'T SHOOT THEM UNDER STRESS CONSISENTLY you mine as well throw a rock at least you won't accedently shoot someone you love.
So after my amazing time at front sight in the last 2 weeks I will say, if you can't come up with the $ sell a couple of guns, or sell some crap you got laying around but get your as- to front sight for some pro training w/your gun.and TAKE NOTES DURING THE CLASS and when you get home you'll have a great manual custumized for YOU AND YOUR GUN than all you have to do is dry fire correctly and range practice correctly and AND YOU WILL BECOME THE WEAPON any ways to make a long story short what ever you need to do to get to front sight for training with your gun DO IT!!!
This deal with neven is the real deal no bullsh-t, I was just like you 2 months ago when i saw neven's party at front sight posted on calgun I researched front sight their adds seemed a little corny but I went for it and signed up
and my gun skills went from SUB PAR TO HOLYSH-T I CAN'T BELIEVE IT If you go to this class to learn there way and forget about how you've been doing it for the last X years you will become a great shooter don't come to this class thinking your going to party with your buds THIS CLASS IS TRAINING 10-14 HOURS ADAY be ready for it shut up during class ,stay focused ,take lots of notes ,ask a lot of ??,and come to train not party and you will become a more skilled gun owner I paid a $150 for my class w/nev and tipped instructers 100+ rnd ammo each and I got all my $ worth in the
1st day the dry fire tech. is great and I WILL BE PRACTICING EVERYDAY and it's cheap I will save $1000s with dry firing
REMEMBER YOU ARE THE WEAPON THE GUN IS JUST A TOOL

stay safe sootytom

sootytom
02-23-2010, 9:05 PM
dam I spent 1 hour typing my last post and nobody's read it bump

dirtnap
02-23-2010, 9:55 PM
I read it. :)

nevster
02-24-2010, 1:53 PM
Yah Tom nice note. Thanks for attending. This next class for Franks party is going to be even bigger in size and better in price so for anybody interested get in ASAP.

What you pass up you can't make up so don't pass this one up.

Nevster

VictorFranko
02-24-2010, 4:33 PM
Can I go again considering I already went once??

haveyourmile
02-24-2010, 5:44 PM
I'd be interested but I'm fairly broke right now. What is a reasonable donation? Are there any CGers from NorCal going that would want to carpool?

dodgeit101
02-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd go but I have classes on friday and monday :(

glockfu
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I'd be interested but I'm fairly broke right now. What is a reasonable donation?

+1 ... sounds like one of those deals that's too good to be true ;)

nevster
02-25-2010, 12:12 PM
VictorFranko of course you can come again no limits on the parties other than 40 people so get your application in right now. You've already paid the $50 for the background fee so this time get Frank a box or two of ammo and call it good.

Regarding the donation, Frank is a long time security guard out at FS and he lives on property in a travel trailer so he's not expecting much other than a thank you and maybe a box of ammo or $20 whatever a person can afford. He know what's up with the economy and things are tight.

Regarding the "too good to be true" issue. I held my b-day party back on Sept. 25th of last year and we had a great turn out of calgunners for that party. I can supply anybody with plenty of calgunners names who went to that one. This last party on Feb. 12th was a friend of mines who I helped get some people to fill up his class along with Jmf_tracey's rifle party on this past 19th who is also a senior calgunner. So there is no shortage of Calgunner's who can testify for the credibility of this offer. This offer is Good and it is True just send in your application with your background check fee and you're in. (if the class doesn't fill up before you get your application in that is)

VictorFranko if you're coming let me know and we'll have some more fun together.

Peace

GreyMinotaur
02-26-2010, 12:15 AM
I can say that this offer is legitimate. Nevster set up a FS class that I went about two weeks ago. All I paid was $150. Nevster would never pay anyone on Calguns.net to make the class look legitimate when it is not. (Hey, Nev. When do I get paid? :D) Just kidding!

In all seriousness, treat the class like your vacation and you will have a blast!!!

MustangGreg66
02-26-2010, 8:24 AM
I went to the 4-day rifle with these guys last weekend when jmf_tracy was going away spots for FREE, thats right, I went to the rifle for free. I'm planning on doing the same here for the pistol (for a "donation" this time) and really take advantage of the $50 I paid for the background check. I'm in Nevster, and maybe my dad too, I've got to get a headcount and confirm.

Thanks,
Greg

Oh and Tom, great review of your experience. It was a lot of fun to shoot with you guys during the 4-day rifle.

MXRacer
02-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't know if I'll have my handgun by then. Does the weapon you use at the course have to be your own? Also, where is it located?

missiondude
02-26-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm in, application sent off today. Hope to meet a bunch of fellow Calgunners there. I will be easy to spot, just look for the guy shooting a revolver:eek:

nevster
02-27-2010, 7:34 AM
Great Greg that your coming again, you're going to like handgun, it's much easier than rifle and the shoot house is way cool. Anybody can rent a semi auto for $100 for all 4 days with all the gear except ammo. Good to see the Calgunners stepping up and making a show of this. We'll have to have a drink together one night, remember bring warm close for the night shoot on Sunday.

Nevster

nevster
02-27-2010, 7:35 AM
Great Greg that your coming again, you're going to like handgun, it's much easier than rifle and the shoot house is way cool. Anybody can rent a semi auto for $100 for all 4 days with all the gear except ammo. Good to see the Calgunners stepping up and making a show of this. We'll have to have a drink together one night, remember bring warm close for the night shoot on Sunday.

Nevster

MXRacer
02-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Where is Frontsight located?

nevster
02-28-2010, 6:02 PM
Frontsight is located about 10 miles off of Hwy. 160 and Tecopa Rd. If you were coming up Hwy. 15 traveling north you would take the Baker Hwy. 127 cut off and then take Tecopa Rd. to FS. If you were coming from Vegas you would come over the hill and then turn left on Tecopa Rd. and turn Rt. onto Frontsight Rd. Hope that helps with directions. You can get directions off there website at http://www.frontsight.com

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to PM me or email me.

Peace

Nevster

Steve1968LS2
02-28-2010, 6:11 PM
I was just in Pahrump for a driving school at Spring Mountain..

This sounds REALLY tempting.. not sure I understand the donation part though.

layzk
02-28-2010, 7:53 PM
Just sent an email. Am dying to attend. I was just researching your classes last week. I just want to make sure I know how to get my paperwork and payment for background in on time.
thanks

AdiosTony
02-28-2010, 10:55 PM
pm sent

nevster
03-01-2010, 8:30 AM
Here is the information to sign up. On the top of the application you put these words: "Frank Patterson Handgun Party 3/19 - 3/22" Where it asked for payment type and cost you just put N/A and fill in the rest of the application like usual. Send in your $50 for the background check. When you send in your application on time, you're in like Flynn.

Here is the link to download the application. http://www.frontsight.com/pdf/509161529.pdf

Either fax it in with a CC or mail it in with a check or money order for the $50 BG check.

Neven

VictorFranko
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Neven,

FYI

This email confirms your enrollment into the following course(s) at Front Sight Firearms Training.

3/19/2010 4 Day Def. Handgun (Patterson)

Victor

nevster
03-01-2010, 7:43 PM
Sweet Victor, that's great news. Drag your partner back too again if he can make it. Check on hotel availability because the Saddle I hear may be booked. There are some great hotels in Vegas that are really nice and really reasonable. One of the best kept secrets is the Tuscany Suites on Flamingo. They have their suites going for $25 on weeknights and a bit more on weekends but its really nice and easy on and off the freeway. Also Wild Wild West off Tropicana is OK but not as nice as the Tuscany. Then there's always the Nugget in Pahrump that still may have room if you don't want to drive over the hill every day.

Here's to shooting again soon, (shot of the kickin chicken) Thanks again for all the great hospitality you and your partner showed us all that were with you.

See you in 17 or 18 days.

Nevster

VictorFranko
03-02-2010, 6:02 AM
I got the LAST ROOM at Saddle West for that weekend! Thanks for the heads up!
Tood can't make it, so I'm available all weekend big boy!

Steve1968LS2
03-02-2010, 7:32 AM

Nevster

I faxed in my app yesterday and called to make sure they got it.

nevster
03-02-2010, 9:13 AM
That's great news from both Victor and Steve. I can't tell you how many great people I've met from Frontsight. Can't wait to meet y'all. Watch your speed when you get into town. The cops enforce a strict speed limit in town of 35mph. Bring a cooler for lunches or have they're caterer, the Saddle or Best Western prepare your lunches for you for about $8-$12.

17 more days, woo hoo

nevster
03-03-2010, 9:07 AM
Bump on hump day

jmf_tracy
03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
only a little more than one day left for registration, better hurry folks!

VictorFranko
03-04-2010, 4:59 AM
JMF, are you going to be there again?

nevster
03-04-2010, 9:12 AM
JMF won't be but Roy will be without Ciro this time. So we don't have to worry about that young stud out shooting us again. Can you believe he almost DG'd the rifle course the very first time he shot an AR-15? He missed it by only 2 pts. That's a testimony to the excellent curriculum that Frontsight has put together. Taking an 18 yr old who's never shot a rifle and coming in 2nd out of 64 rifle shooters, that's amazing especially in the conditions we had to shoot in.

jmf_tracy
03-04-2010, 10:12 AM
JMF, are you going to be there again?

sorry, i can't make it for this one. my 4runner is in the tranny shop right now getting rebuilt. good thing that it did not crap out on me while i was in nevada, that would have been painful.

nevster
03-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey if anybody needs or wants to share a room I have a friend who will get a room in Vegas and doesn't mind to share. So let me know and I'll hook anybody up who wants to share. He's a cool guy in his 40's.

nevster

ps deadline is tomorrow so get your applications in.

VictorFranko
03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Roy's coming? Cool, gonna call him right now!!!!
Too bad John can't make it.
I know the truck trouble, just replaced a water pump, rear tranny seal, new belts and 4 new tires.
I'll be dining on the cheap!

nevster
03-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Victor you'll have to come over with Roy and J Haug and have dinner with me on Friday or Saturday. We'll have a great dinner with fine wine and a couple of shots then . . . ???

Can't wait to get together again. What an opportunity to get together and shoot, eat and drink. Let me use my cooler and we'll get lunches prepared for us and we'll pool our resources and save $$$$

This time let me show you how I roll when I go to FS. Just show up and hang on for the ride.

nevster

VictorFranko
03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm going to bring a killer Shiraz for Sara (Sarah?) to enjoy, I think the Pinot was not "big" enough for her!

nevster
03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Right on Victor, you da man! C-ya in 13 days and were shooting in 14.

Last day to sign up so if anybody's on the edge of the fence get in just in case.

nevster
03-05-2010, 8:32 PM
last minute bump

hypnoman
03-08-2010, 6:25 PM
Thanks for all your help, Nevster!
I got in and got confirmed today. Looking forward to meeting and shooting with all the group!

50 Freak
03-09-2010, 3:08 PM
FUDGE!!!!!!!

Spoke to Neverster on Thurs as I had some questions, faxed my app in on Friday (the deadline), called today to confirm (Tues) they said they never got it and can't get me into the class. Told me that it didn't matter that I could provide a fax confirmation as I would have had to have sent in the original to them 2 weeks prior to the March 5th deadline anyways.

ARRRGGG!!!!!!

VictorFranko
03-09-2010, 3:44 PM
I believe they have the two week rule because of the background check.
Sorry you missed out.

50 Freak
03-09-2010, 4:20 PM
Then why have the March 5th deadline...the deadline should have been two weeks prior.

???????

Wild Squid
03-09-2010, 4:53 PM
Why would there be a background check? No one's buying a gun. That's a lot of serious personal info to give to someone you don't know.

VictorFranko
03-09-2010, 5:21 PM
Then why have the March 5th deadline...the deadline should have been two weeks prior.

???????

The deadline was 5 March. Add 14 days for background check equals 19 March.
When they said two weeks prior, they meant to the start of class.

Two quotes from Nevsters OP:

WHEN: March 19th – 22nd, 2010 Friday – Monday

DEADLINE: March 5th last day to sign up for this class – no exceptions!

VictorFranko
03-09-2010, 5:24 PM
Why would there be a background check? No one's buying a gun. That's a lot of serious personal info to give to someone you don't know.

Easy there Wild Squid, they don't ask you to fill out a DROS. It is a simple background check to make sure you are not a convicted felon.
You're not a convited felon, are you? :43:

50 Freak
03-09-2010, 5:54 PM
The deadline was 5 March. Add 14 days for background check equals 19 March.
When they said two weeks prior, they meant to the start of class.

Two quotes from Nevsters OP:

WHEN: March 19th 22nd, 2010 Friday Monday

DEADLINE: March 5th last day to sign up for this class no exceptions!

Well, then I met the deadline. I faxed my application with CC info in on the 5th.

Neven to his credit is seeing what he can do to get me into this class. I've got my fingers crossed as I have already made arrangements and all in prep for this.

VictorFranko
03-09-2010, 6:09 PM
I hope he can do something for you, they LOVE Neven around FS.
Just out of curiosty, what time of day did you fax it?
If it was after they went home on the final day.......that explains it.

50 Freak
03-09-2010, 6:16 PM
I hope he can do something for you, they LOVE Neven around FS.
Just out of curiosty, what time of day did you fax it?
If it was after they went home on the final day.......that explains it.

Round 2:30 our time. I'm hoping Neven can do something also.:)

MustangGreg66
03-09-2010, 7:11 PM
When I took the rifle course I faxed in my app at 10pm on the finaly day. They got my application and I got a confirmation email the following day that things were received and in the works... sounds like the fax just didn't go through at all :(

I hope you can get in, those classes are a lot of fun, wish I could have made it to this one.

jmf_tracy
03-10-2010, 12:20 AM
FYI, the deadline is at midnight on the final day so you should be GTG.