PDA

View Full Version : Separate forum for group/bulk buys?

xsquid
01-19-2006, 8:48 PM
How about having a separate forum (maybe a sub-forum in the forsale section) for group or bulk buys?

RRangel
01-19-2006, 9:28 PM
Why? Because the only authorized group buys are legal .223 lower related and even that may be gone soon.

xsquid
01-20-2006, 12:49 AM
I disagree that folks who want to do group buys will cease after the AR lower saga ends. You will always have folks looking for deals - AR related or not. Also people who bought multiple lowers may not have the $$$ needed to buy the rest of what they need to finish/equip their lowers all at once - most will do it piecemeal - and try to do it as economically as possible. Some of the postings for group buys are getting pushed down fairly quickly when posted in a high traffic forum and harder to see/catch. I just thought it would be convenient for people who are looking to start or be a part of a group deal 1 place to look rather than the multiple forums where such things are posted now.

catsupsam
01-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Read Ramon's front office annoucement of 1-8-2006.

GTKrockeTT
01-20-2006, 3:47 PM
I disagree that folks who want to do group buys will cease after the AR lower saga ends. You will always have folks looking for deals - AR related or not. Also people who bought multiple lowers may not have the $$$ needed to buy the rest of what they need to finish/equip their lowers all at once - most will do it piecemeal - and try to do it as economically as possible. Some of the postings for group buys are getting pushed down fairly quickly when posted in a high traffic forum and harder to see/catch. I just thought it would be convenient for people who are looking to start or be a part of a group deal 1 place to look rather than the multiple forums where such things are posted now.

it's not about want or interest in group buys, it's about ramon's preference for not turning calguns into an avenue for commerce. the whole lowers boom has turned calguns into something...well, different, from how it was before.

artherd
01-20-2006, 10:18 PM
The whole group buy phenomoa itself is .223 legal rifle centric.

Paraphrasing Ramon: Calguns.net is not about commerce in general, this recent event being the notable exception due to the immense politicial RKBA weight.

I say keep 'em where they are for now. Soon they will be over.