PDA

View Full Version : FNM 80-12 ammunition

1stLineGear
02-15-2010, 6:43 PM
Does anyone know about this kind of ammunition. My brother just bought some land in Idaho with a junky trailer full of junk and several sealed cases of this ammo. He does not have a 308 but I do so I might buy it from him.

Is this ammo any good and what is a good price to buy it from him for?

I have two 8d-AGM 12 volts six months old that I might trade with him.

What say ye fellow calgunners?

nic
02-15-2010, 6:51 PM
Portuguese military surplus 7.62x51 NATO. Excellent ammunition. Steel-jacket projectiles, so it will attract a magnet (if that is an issue for the ranges you shoot at).

I would say 45-55 cents per round would be a fair price. How much of this ammunition does he have? It's really great milsurp stuff and I would not hesitate to shoot it at all. You should buy it up and enjoy it!

-Nic

1stLineGear
02-15-2010, 6:56 PM
Portuguese military surplus 7.62x51 NATO. Excellent ammunition. Steel-jacket projectiles, so it will attract a magnet (if that is an issue for the ranges you shoot at).

I would say 45-55 cents per round would be a fair price. How much of this ammunition does he have? It's really great milsurp stuff and I would not hesitate to shoot it at all. You should buy it up and enjoy it!

-Nic

So far three cases. He sees more crates under piles of boxes and tools.

Can you hunt with this?

Bedlam
02-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Holy crap thats a great find! Gotta love idaho ;-)

Someone was saving up for the zombie invasion...

bcrich
02-16-2010, 4:10 PM
LaMigraMike, I don't think it would be a good idea to hunt with it, because it is a full metal jacket and will surely pass right through your target without any expansion. As others have said "that's good ammo for blasting"