PDA

View Full Version : Comming to Cali from East Coast

ace_31
02-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Hello all, this is my first post. I hope to learn as much as I can from you Ladies and Gents about Cali. gun laws and about whatever else I dont know that I dont know yet. I will be moving in from out of state with quite some hardware. NO FULL AUTO, NO SUPPRESORS, NO SBR!!! It is also my understanding that Cali. residents have some difficulty acquiring certain handguns that are legal yet not on the approved list. I have a few questions regarding threaded barrels and other pistols that are not on the approved sale list that I intend to bring in with me. I will find the appropriate area for my questions and post them ASAP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

SenorJefe
02-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Welcome ace_31!! Be sure to read as much as you can...this site is a CA gun encyclopedia. Also, the flowcharts at the top of this forum are extremely helpful.

Use "search" often, then ask questions.

Good luck in your move :)

ace_31
02-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks SenorJefe, I'll be doing my searching thats for sure!

6172crew
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Hello all, this is my first post. I hope to learn as much as I can from you Ladies and Gents about Cali. gun laws and about whatever else I dont know that I dont know yet. I will be moving in from out of state with quite some hardware. NO FULL AUTO, NO SUPPRESORS, NO SBR!!! It is also my understanding that Cali. residents have some difficulty acquiring certain handguns that are legal yet not on the approved list. I have a few questions regarding threaded barrels and other pistols that are not on the approved sale list that I intend to bring in with me. I will find the appropriate area for my questions and post them ASAP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

The flow chart will tell you that threaded barrels on handguns are no go. There is a work around for the Walther P22 but I'm not sure what you have or if it applies.

rod
02-16-2010, 4:25 AM
Welcome to Calguns