PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Ranges Near Fairfield or Vacaville?

sfpcservice
02-15-2010, 8:17 AM
Does anyone know of anyplace to shoot outdoors near Fairfield or Vacaville CA? I've been to a place in the hills outside of vacaville that was pretty small and I'm not sure if it was a legal spot to go.

mdouglas1980
02-15-2010, 9:30 AM
There is the Yolo Sportsmans Association between winters and Davis. I keep hearing on here that there is a place to shoot out by the Vacaville dump as well.

trickyvic
02-18-2010, 2:53 PM
Yolo Sportsmens:thumbsup:

sargenv
02-18-2010, 3:32 PM
+1 for Yolo Sportsmen..

If you don't mind driving a bit, USI between Concord and Bay Point is also a pretty good range.. and might be open when YSA might not be..

Sleepy1988
02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know of anyplace to shoot outdoors near Fairfield or Vacaville CA? I've been to a place in the hills outside of vacaville that was pretty small and I'm not sure if it was a legal spot to go.

Where exactly were you shooting in the hills?

I blasted off a few rounds from my mosin and AR in a ravine with a creek running through it up gates canyon back when I lived there. I've heard shots coming from the residents who own property out there to.

I've been to the dump, and can definitely say that that area, specifically the area between the delta and vacaville would be an awesome place for a range. You could set up an 800+ yard range out there probably if you purchased a few acres and built a high berm.

Wizard99
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Anybody know of a spot to take the kids and scouts to plink that isn't a official range in the Fairfield/Vacaville area?

HUND
03-07-2010, 4:24 PM
Anybody ?

Ever sence Knoxville closed I don't have a clue where to go other than a official range

doc1buc
03-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Where exactly were you shooting in the hills?

I blasted off a few rounds from my mosin and AR in a ravine with a creek running through it up gates canyon back when I lived there. I've heard shots coming from the residents who own property out there to.

I've been to the dump, and can definitely say that that area, specifically the area between the delta and vacaville would be an awesome place for a range. You could set up an 800+ yard range out there probably if you purchased a few acres and built a high berm.
That is a great spot but that is all private property. There is nothing around vacaville toward Rio vista where you can just shoot some rounds, especially since the windmills are there. I wouldn NEVERt try to just pick a spot and shoot. I have friends out there in the country and they call people who try the stop and pop, "rabbits".

Z ME FLY
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Anybody know of a spot to take the kids and scouts to plink that isn't a official range in the Fairfield/Vacaville area?

If so, no one should say.

sfpcservice
03-22-2010, 7:41 AM
Google Maps Link Removed: Private Property

This is the spot I went a couple times about 10 years ago. I'm not sure if it's legal to shoot there, 10 years ago that never crossed my mind. Looking on the Solano County GIS maps it is designated as "range and watershed" but it looks like it may be private. I'll have to call the Assessor to find out.

sfpcservice
03-22-2010, 7:54 AM
According to the Assessors Office this is a privately owned parcel in unincorporated Solano. It may be legal to shoot there, but not without permission of the owner so I'm removing the google maps link above.

Acorn556
03-24-2010, 3:17 AM
Wooldand has a range don't they? I had a friend tell me it's pretty open out there like it's BLM land. I wouldn't know for sure though since I've never been there.

racky
03-24-2010, 5:58 PM
+1 for yolo but if you wanna shoot BLM, the closest i found was next to beale afb just outside the back gate.