PDA

View Full Version : 3 Shot During Robbery At Vacant Fulton Home

OC4ME
02-15-2010, 5:51 AM
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/22533639/detail.html

Gotta love the tag line for the story.

cntrolsguy
02-15-2010, 5:55 AM
Wanna here something SUPER CRAZY!!!!! I know and have met one of the Electricians! Jason Albert Eletric! I actually just hired one of his Electricians for our Atlanta Office 3 weeks ago. I would have been him had we not hired him. That SOB owes me a good Dinner I'd say. Man talk about dodging a bullet, it's actually pretty surreal!

MP301
02-15-2010, 7:30 AM
Thats what the **** bags get for shooting them in the leg instead of just taking the money and running.... Not that they shouldnt have been shot anyway, but im guessing they had the element of surprise. Hpe the otehr dipstick gets caught too!

Neuvik
02-15-2010, 7:41 AM
"The suspects then shot the second electrician in the leg. That's when the electrician pulled out a gun and shot the suspect in the head, according to investigators. The alleged robber was taken to the hospital in critical condition." -From the OP's article

Oh beautiful freaking justice! I hope the both the electricians recover fully, and may the ambushing criminal slowly and painfully fades away.

1923mack
02-15-2010, 8:10 AM
In California the second electrician would get fired for carrying a handgun at work. Even if he had a CCW most company have policies against it.

JDoe
02-15-2010, 8:35 AM
Good story, thanks OC4ME.

I am troubled by stories like these and here's why. Over the years I've heard it is best to cooperate and give the criminal what they want. But stories like these suggest that the best course of action may very well be aggressive preemptive action to stop a threat.

Maybe the days of cooperating with potentially violent criminals and hijackers are gone forever.

spyderco monkey
02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
"I’m just glad that the electrician had a weapon. He retaliated against him so they wouldn’t think about doing it again to no one else," said May Youmans, who saw all the police commotion.

Other neighbors also commended the electrician was his quick thinking.

“I think the state made it legal for civilians to carry weapons now because there are just too many robberies going on," said Clarence Martin, a neighbor. "You don’t want to be a victim.”

Pretty much says it all.

battleship
02-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Great way to start my presidents day.
Just wondering how much cash do Electricians carry on them while at work.
Seems like a long shot that they would be carrying enough to make it worth the robbers risk.

sonico
02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Finally an answer to: How many electricians does it take to turn off a scumbag's lights?

Poor taste...I know...couldn't resist.

ldivinag
02-15-2010, 11:29 AM
not poor taste...

scumbags deserves it.

BlackDrop50
02-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Electrician's don't carry much cash LOL what a dumb robber. He should also know Electricians have to work in weird places at weird hours and smart ones WILL carry a gun.

How do I know this? LOL

Theseus
02-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Great way to start my presidents day.
Just wondering how much cash do Electricians carry on them while at work.
Seems like a long shot that they would be carrying enough to make it worth the robbers risk.

I would suspect that they don't carry much cash at all, but that their gear might be worth something. . . But I am not an electrician so my suspicion is worth about 2 cents.

Aleksandr Mravinsky
02-15-2010, 12:41 PM
So much for, "Give them what they want and they'll go away."

Albeit, in 9/10 situations that's true, but what about the other ten per-cent? That's where guns come in handy.

Draankol
02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Shot in the head for trying to rob someone, now isn't that just poetic justice.

I'll bet the electrician is glad he doesn't live in Komyfornia, if he did, he'd be in jail right now.

Seesm
02-15-2010, 1:26 PM
The scumbags deserve to DIE. This show why CCW's are a needed thing. ALL law abiding citizens should be GTG on a CCW's

OC4ME
02-15-2010, 4:00 PM

I am troubled by stories like these and here's why. Over the years I've heard it is best to cooperate and give the criminal what they want. But stories like these suggest that the best course of action may very well be aggressive preemptive action to stop a threat.

Maybe the days of cooperating with potentially violent criminals and hijackers are gone forever.

...cooperating went out the window after the second electrician got shot. All instinct at that point.

N6ATF
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Boom, headshot!

:oops:

Paradiddle
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
“I’m just glad that the electrician had a weapon. He retaliated against him so they wouldn’t think about doing it again to no one else," said May Youmans, who saw all the police commotion.

Other neighbors also commended the electrician was his quick thinking.

“I think the state made it legal for civilians to carry weapons now because there are just too many robberies going on," said Clarence Martin, a neighbor. "You don’t want to be a victim.”

Enlightened citizens! Refreshing.

Theseus
02-18-2010, 1:44 PM
“I’m just glad that the electrician had a weapon. He retaliated against him so they wouldn’t think about doing it again to no one else," said May Youmans, who saw all the police commotion.

Well, sounds like the guy shot in the head might not be able to do much thinking in the future. . . But I could not find an update on their website. . . I wish news outlets could link to updates.

jdogg2000
02-18-2010, 5:15 PM

That's the problem, I feel, about the way our laws are set up here. I have to wait for a bad guy who illegally broke into my home to do something threatening before I can defend myself? What if instead of shooting me in the leg he decides to shoot me in the head and its too late for me to do anything? The bad guys get to shoot first I guess.

haveyourmile
02-18-2010, 5:21 PM
That's the problem, I feel, about the way our laws are set up here. I have to wait for a bad guy who illegally broke into my home to do something threatening before I can defend myself? What if instead of shooting me in the leg he decides to shoot me in the head and its too late for me to do anything? The bad guys get to shoot first I guess.

CA PENAL CODE § 198.5 sets forth that unlawful, forcible entry into one's residence by someone not a member of the household creates the presumption that the resident held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury should he or she use deadly force against the intruder. This would make the homicide justifiable under CPC § 197[1]. "A defendant is not required to retreat. He or she is entitled to stand his or her ground and defend himself or herself and, if reasonably necessary, to pursue an assailant until the danger ... has passed. This is so even if safety could have been achieved by retreating."

Glock22Fan
02-18-2010, 5:25 PM

You've been listening to too many liberals.

Obviously, you choose your moment, cooperate perhaps up to a point to lull them into inattention. And at one time, perhaps giving them what they want might have worked. And, if there are twelve of them, all with guns, then perhaps you have no other choice. However, these days there are too many crazies who will shoot you anyway, just to eliminate a witness or for the the sick fun of it. If it ever happens to me, and I hope it doesn't, I will be on the watch from moment one for the chance to retaliate.

"Give them what they want" isn't that far removed from "if they want to rape you, it is best to lie back and enjoy it."

Aleksandr Mravinsky
02-18-2010, 6:42 PM
"Give them what they want" isn't that far removed from "if they want to rape you, it is best to lie back and enjoy it."

Interesting you'd say that. One of the people from one of those anti-rights groups (I forget which) says that, in order to avoid rape, you should just gag yourself until you vomit.

kcbrown
02-18-2010, 7:00 PM
Interesting you'd say that. One of the people from one of those anti-rights groups (I forget which) says that, in order to avoid rape, you should just gag yourself until you vomit.

You mean like they say here: http://www.mccd.edu/about_us/merced_college/operations/police/sa_prevention.html

If the rapist is armed, try to talk him out of continuing the assault, or try passive resistance (pretend to faint/vomit/urinate).

And that's advice from the Merced College police department!

I'd love to know what world the people who come up with this stuff live in. It sure isn't the real one...

Wild Squid
02-19-2010, 12:08 AM

What if they want your wife or your daughters' you know what? Are you going to give them what they want?

Applehaus21st
02-19-2010, 9:39 AM
Awesome story!!! If this happens in kakakalifornia you'd be ****ting in your pants trying to look for a good defense lawyer.

socal2310
02-19-2010, 10:16 AM
The notion that lying down and taking it is the best response to an assault on your person is fairly recent development and is nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of academics who are among the least likely people to be victims of violent crimes. Criminals, like everyone else respond to incentives. A compliant population makes their job safer and more lucrative. The vast majority of criminals are opportunists and cowards who go out of their way to avoid violent confrontations (hint: a criminal doesn't necessarily view an incident where they are holding a cowering victim at gunpoint a violent confrontation - their life and property are not in jeopardy).

Ryan

Snarky
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't think I would wait until I was shot.

My personal policy is that once a gun is pointed at me its On. Its not even a decision for me, the guy pointing the gun at me made the decision. I would put 3 in his chest and deal with the consequences. In California that can mean very bad things. Still, that is my policy.

Aleksandr Mravinsky
02-19-2010, 7:28 PM
And that's advice from the Merced College police department!

That is seriously messed up advice. I highly doubt shouting, "Stop! This is rape!" would prevent a rape. Maybe it is more effective than pretending to faint/vomit/urinate, which is also recommended. My advice is to shoot him in the balls with a Taurus Judge, like that other guy did to the allegedly abusive boyfriend of his daughter.

Somewhat off topic. The Taurus Judge is illegal in California, right? It's a shotgun with a cylinder, or are pistols not considered shotguns? Same thing goes with the rifled version of the Taurus Circuit Judge. It isn't considered a shotgun because it isn't a smoothbore, right?

Anothercoilgun
02-19-2010, 7:46 PM
From article -

Now? Because? You have to be kidding me.

lobsternoob
02-19-2010, 8:45 PM
I don't think I would wait until I was shot.

My personal policy is that once a gun is pointed at me its On. Its not even a decision for me, the guy pointing the gun at me made the decision. I would put 3 in his chest and deal with the consequences. In California that can mean very bad things. Still, that is my policy.

Sadly this is my position too. I say sadly, only because I do live here in Cali also and most likely would wind up with some major legal consequences even shooting an intruder in my home who intended to harm my family before they actually did. What ever happened to a sign on the gate saying "trespassers will be shot" holding up plainface, even in court. Notice you don't even see those signs in Cali anymore, except out in the boonies, now its "NO TRESPASSING under penalty of law)" Give it a few years here, the only legal use of a pistol will be a paperweight. And you'll need a DROS for an over 1000 FPS pellet rifle.

TURBOELKY
02-19-2010, 9:37 PM
I have buddies who are Electricians. Its not how much money they carry, its all the TOOLS they carry! At any given time, any service man will have 5k worth of tools. Its good the robber got shot, it will send a message to the other idiots even thinking of such a crime again!

groats
03-31-2010, 6:19 AM
Tools to hock, copper wire to sell. Have you SEEN the price of copper lately?

Plumbers face the same hazards.

I always carry when going into a house to do work, unless I know the owners will be home.

Army
03-31-2010, 8:51 AM
Somewhat off topic. The Taurus Judge is illegal in California, right? It's a shotgun with a cylinder, or are pistols not considered shotguns? Same thing goes with the rifled version of the Taurus Circuit Judge. It isn't considered a shotgun because it isn't a smoothbore, right?

In California, it is a "short barreled shotgun" (must have an 18" barrel). It is chambered initially for a shotshell, making it a shotgun regardless of cylinders, rifling, pistol sized, or the ability to chamber .45 COlt ammunition..