PDA

View Full Version : My gun stuff shopping is being blocked!

Slash2
02-15-2010, 6:37 AM
I can not axcess www.midwayusa.com website, not from home and not from work. I know the site is up, my buddy gets right on with his computer, but every type of attempt I make over the last few days fails. I get a broken link message.

I've tried through Google, I've tried links from previous invoices, everything is a broken link. I can get on with my Iphone, but not my desktop or my laptop. Not through Explorer or through Mozzila.

Is there some secret government agency preventing me from buying gun stuff? Is there some software that my wife has installed that blocks me from buying more gun stuff. Is it a sign from above telling me I have enough gun stuff.:confused:

What could be blocking me from my favorite website?

chee_seen
02-15-2010, 6:53 AM
I'm having the same problem at home as well. boooooooooo!!!!!!

DiscoBayJoe
02-15-2010, 7:31 AM
It doesn't work off my Comcast connection, but it works off my Charter connection. Most likely Midway is blowing it. It's possible an ISP in the middle is blowing it tho. Ruling out all the tinfoil-hat filter options, i'd guess they were either a victim of a DDOS or just doing general security work and put in a ACL that's farther reaching than they thought.

Slash2
02-15-2010, 7:43 AM
It doesn't work off my Comcast connection, but it works off my Charter connection. Most likely Midway is blowing it. It's possible an ISP in the middle is blowing it tho. Ruling out all the tinfoil-hat filter options, i'd guess they were either a victim of a DDOS or just doing general security work and put in a ACL that's farther reaching than they thought.

I was gonna try the tinfoil hat next, but I do have Comcast both at work and at home, so you may have saved me from the foil option.:D

I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow, that is if the secret government agency hasn't come up with some other clever ploy to stop me from buying even more gun stuff.

fabguy
02-15-2010, 9:12 AM
check your parental controls, and your firewall settings, someone might have mistakenly set them to high or blocked by accident

Lyte-
02-15-2010, 9:35 AM
try using a proxey server and see if that resolves your issues...

www.freeproxyserver.net
www.publicproxyservers.com
www.youhide.com

Just to name a few

Oldbud
02-15-2010, 9:48 AM
If the ip address link lowracer provided works, it is likely a comcast dns issue.

I checked Comcast's dns servers (http://dns.comcast.net/index.php), as of right now they show the correct info for midwayusa.com, but comcast is notorious for dns issues. Many suggest replacing your current dns ips in your pcs or routers to more reliable ones.

RudyN
02-15-2010, 10:02 AM
I just tried and was able to log on to Midway. Their website has a new look. Maybe that was the problem as they may have been changing over. By the way I have Comcast.

elrcastor
02-15-2010, 10:56 AM
it's had the new look for a while, It was broken for me with comcast but worked at work. It seems to be working again.

wjc
02-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I just got on, no problem. I use SBC/Yahoo.

If you can get in via ip address vs. fqdn it's usually a dns problem as in someone screwed up updating their dns records.

kpw001
02-15-2010, 12:41 PM
try changing your dns servers, i've been using openDNS (http://www.opendns.com/) after charter started screwing around with hijacking my search engine and such. if you use firefox, you'll want to install this add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7993) because openDNS will break the function of the address bar search.

jtv3062
02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I signed on with no problems,I'm using MSN on Comcast connect

tools2teach
02-15-2010, 2:23 PM
Try OpenDNS.com