PDA

View Full Version : San Mateo county public tyrant arrogance.

nicki
02-14-2010, 7:48 PM
The "EPA Facebook incident" is just a tip of the iceberg and another insult by our so called "Government Servants" against our rights.

Many of us are very disturbed and are questioning what can we do.

Gene Hoffman sent an exceptional letter to the EPA police department to resolve the "facebook incident".

I believe Gene took the right first step and we can only hope that the EPA city officials will respond and act accordingly and in a timely manner.

This isn't just an isolated incident, remember the comments on UOC from Sheriff Munk, you know, the guy who thought what goes on in "Vegas" stays in "Vegas".;)

We have been slapped in the right cheek by Sheriff Munk, this Detective slapped us in the Left cheek.

A non response by the EPA police of Chief to Gene's very reasonable and fair demands for redress of grievances is a kick in the balls.

I have seen the EPA facebook incident on at least 3 gunblogs, it has hit the Drudge report, it has gone viral.

Calguns rightfully earned the honor of being the most effective grassroots gun group in the country at last years SAF GRPC 2009.

This means other gun rights groups are going to watch what our response to this is.

California will be ground zero in the gun rights wars just as the south was ground zero for the civil rights struggle.

Taking the battle to our opponents will gain us respect around the nation.

Conversely, if it appears that we are doing nothing, it may undermine our credibility across the country.

Like it or not, we are percieved as leaders and our actions here will effect the rest of the country.

The issue is now more than our second amendment rights, it is also our first amendment right to peaceably redress grievances.

So, my question to the forum is what is our next step. The Calguns board is only as active as you are.

I believe we should consider having a public protest in East Palo Alto demanding a redress of grievances.

Although I am not a fan of UOC, this may be an occassion where it is warranted. Please share your thoughts.

Although weekends are the most convient, I feel a midweek rally would let the EPA officials know we are there, that we demand action, that we are being very public and that we aren't going away.

My view is we need to act quickly, say within the next 2 to 3 weeks tops.

If the EPA police department calls Gene and offers to work with Gene in the meantime, we can always call things off.

We have a very diverse membership on this board, especially in the SF Bay Area.

At our rally, we can make sure that the press speaks to the "right people", so that the "Right soundbites" get out.

I am posting a poll, please take a few seconds and take it.

As always, feel free to add your comments to the thread.

Nicki

pitchbaby
02-14-2010, 7:54 PM
Perhaps as a public picnic sponsored by a "Family" friendly to 2A rights, but frankly, even at that... I feel like all of it needs to wait till we see what happens in DC next month with SCOTUS.

On second thought.... I don't know if I can ever get to the point of thinking that UOC is ever a good idea as a political statement.

Alaric
02-14-2010, 8:27 PM
UOC won't help us at this time. It will only hurt us.

audiophil2
02-14-2010, 9:01 PM
Is the letter even on someone's desk already?

Moto_Joe
02-14-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm sorry, but a resounding NO! from me. I'm all for being able to carry on a daily basis, whether CCW or openly, and I vehemently disagree with this state's laws regarding guns in general and the supposed right (or lack there of) to carry them specifically, but to me a "UOC rally" outside of city hall seems a bit too "armed militia" to me. It's a very fine line between excersizing your rights to try and make a point, foster discussion, and normalize gun ownership or conversely appearing threatening to elected officials and/or LEAs. Whether intentional or not, showing up at a protest armed DOES carry an implied threat to most in observance of said rally, and that's the last thing I want to see when we're so close to incorporation and all the major changes that will follow.

A lot of people like to draw similarities between the civil rights movement of the 60's and gun rights. I think it's a great analogy. Dr. King and peaceful, unarmed maches, rallies etc. got a lot of people's attention and respect in a very positive way. The Black Panthers were described as having "[had] provocative rhetoric, militant posture, and cultural and political flourishes..." on wikipedia.

Personally, I'd like to see the RKBA movement gain respect in a positive manner.

OC4ME
02-15-2010, 4:43 AM
"....but to me a "UOC rally" outside of city hall seems a bit too "armed militia" to me. It's a very fine line between exercising your rights to try and make a point, foster discussion, and normalize gun ownership or conversely appearing threatening to elected officials and/or LEAs. Whether intentional or not, showing up at a protest armed DOES carry an implied threat to most in observance of said rally, and that's the last thing I want to see when we're so close to incorporation and all the major changes that will follow."

Well, I think getting "proned all out" is fairly threatening. Enabling a "two weeks off" event for a cop is definitely threatening. This cops views are not an implied threat, he as well as other LEO's have threatened at gun point law abiding citizens, reminding them "where they are at".

I fully support properly organized and permitted political gatherings. Apply for a permit to hold a political rally with EPA. Force EPA to make a decision. If they refuse the request, no rally and let the comments fly on this site and other sites and the local media (if they will report).

Keep the heat turned up on every individual LEO for the slightest infraction each and every day. File complaints with each PD. No turn signal when turning, rolling stops, cell phone use, illegal parking. Any infraction LE can get you on you can get them on too. Use the system to keep the pressure on them to change from within. LE are not above the law they enforce the law and must abide by the law.

joelberg
02-15-2010, 5:00 AM
I've never UOC'd before, but i would definitely UOC to this event if I lived anywhere near the Bay Area. Seriously, this is the ULTIMATE opportunity for a huge open carry event to have a huge positive response. Allowing EPA PD to brush this event off is the WRONG idea.

keneva
02-15-2010, 5:49 AM
The second amendment march needs help. We all need to get involved and have rally's. I would like to UOC here at EPA, but I agree it might be too "In their face" at this point. Contact me if you can help with the Sacramento march in April. Thanks, Keneva.

JDoe
02-15-2010, 9:13 AM
Protesting is fine but protesting while UOCing would be a gun grabbers wet dream.

twotap
02-15-2010, 9:24 AM
Protesting is fine but protesting while UOCing would be a gun grabbers wet dream.

Could not agree more..

yelohamr
02-15-2010, 10:38 AM
If I lived in the area, I would attend a mass UOC event in EPA. What's the Guinness record for the number of UOCers being proned out at the same time?

chuckles48
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
IMHO, y'all are demonstrating why the UOC movement is considered too aggressive, and a bit on the looney side.

That being said, I'll be happy to film y'all UOCing in EPA. Gonna need the footage at trial.

oops
02-15-2010, 12:55 PM
No UOC

chrisw
02-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Could not agree more..

+1 more