PDA

View Full Version : TMJ Order Resolution Status Poll

Cokebottle
02-14-2010, 6:06 PM
Okay... it's been asked for in the other thread, let's please keep discussion there. This thread is only for poll answers regarding the status of orders with TMJ Trading.

AlliedArmory
02-14-2010, 6:09 PM
Received firearm

Wheres the poll?

Order placed 11/16/2009 (He ordered the 10rd mags from Sig for me which delayed shipping for about 1 week)
Shipped to my FFL 11/24/2009
Got to FFL 11/30/2009
In my hands about 2 weeks later

Cokebottle
02-14-2010, 6:10 PM
Wheres the poll?
11 questions... took a while to set it up.

You have to post the original message before creating the poll.

maxima
02-14-2010, 6:47 PM
done. I just want to remind fellow calguners: Use credit card/gun pal/pay pal/google check out, etc, for purchasing stuff online; avoid sending personal check or cashiers check, etc., to protect yourself from possible fraud and headache.

Killa Kangaroo
02-14-2010, 8:11 PM
I had to call Mark twice. But I got my ammo.

Joe
02-14-2010, 8:26 PM
Where's the choice for the people like me who didn't buy anything but feel the compulsive need to vote on every poll?!

Cokebottle
02-14-2010, 8:34 PM
Where's the choice for the people like me who didn't buy anything but feel the compulsive need to vote on every poll?!
LOL!

Same here... I was going to buy a gun from him. I'm glad SHTF before I had the money to buy it.... So even though I made the poll, have to hit "show results" to see how it's going :D

Sillyguy
02-14-2010, 10:28 PM
i voted

Merc1138
02-14-2010, 10:58 PM
I received my ammo...

After over a month of waiting, being lied to about shipping dates, lied to over the phone about my order status.

Yeah, I'll be honest and not slam the guy for not delivering because he did with my own personal experience, but it was a customer service disaster as far as I'm concerned. Even though I did eventually get my item, with my experience there is no chance I would ever order from TMJ instead.

berto
02-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I voted. I'd like to add that though I received my ammo it was with one exception not what i ordered.

Gio
02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
That guy is a joke I hope he gets what he deserves!

-Gio

Cokebottle
02-15-2010, 12:57 AM
but it was a customer service disaster as far as I'm concerned. Even though I did eventually get my item
That's a given... the poll is simply to quantify how bad the "screwing" really is... and it's looking pretty bad so far.
Without it being quantified, it could be 5 or 6 "squeaky wheels" making a lot of noise with 50 or 100 happy customers.

Dark Paladin
02-15-2010, 7:51 AM
Voted.

Might want to change "Received refund through CC dispute" to "No ammo, received refund through CC dispute" for clarity.

Dollar
02-15-2010, 8:11 AM
Ordererd a sw mp15 22lr black Friday for 392 shipped using a coupon, after 1 call per week for 3 weeks asking if it shipped, it finally did. So about 4 weeks till my package arrived at my ffl. But 392 for the sw 22lr, i have no complaints. He even sent my mag as a rebuild kit seperate.

beemaze
02-15-2010, 10:26 AM
As of 2/10: The latest in my saga for an order placed on 12/14 (I have one month left for a refund according to my credit card company and I don't have to pay a dime until this is resolved....)

"sorry i have not got back to you sooner, i have been out of work for most of janurany and part of Feb due to two knee surgerys. I am just waiting on the AR magazine sled to get here so i can have it installed before it ships to CA. It should be here any day now.
Thanks
Mark"

Dark Paladin
02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
"sorry i have not got back to you sooner, i have been out of work for most of janurany and part of Feb due to two knee surgerys. I am just waiting on the AR magazine sled to get here so i can have it installed before it ships to CA. It should be here any day now.
Thanks
Mark"

Alright. . . which one of you wisecracks visited him recently? :D

Skidmark
02-15-2010, 7:40 PM
Today's (15 February) auto-responder reply:

I will be out of the office till thursday due to my knee surgery I had
on 01/28/2010. I will get back to you thursday 02/11/2010. If you
can't wait till thursday please try my cell phone.

Thank you
Mark
TMJ Trading

:mad:

Getoffthecomputer
02-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I got the same auto reply from the e-mail. I called and left a message also.

I don't really fall into any of the categories on the poll. I ordered back in November 09, and got my ammo order in less than a month. I was pretty happy because it was a good price so I just thought that it was a long wait.

Then I put in another order on 12/22 and nothing yet, and then all the complaining started getting pretty serious. So I don't know what to think. I used AMEX so I think I'm covered. I will give it a little longer and wait for a reply. If nothing by next week. I will cancel with AMEX

k3nnex
02-16-2010, 2:12 PM
I got my order.

beemaze
02-16-2010, 7:45 PM
Alright. . . which one of you wisecracks visited him recently? :D

Good one. :wheelchair:

Ian
02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Nearly 3 months later I received a usps money order for the amount i originally ordered from.

After multiple unanswered phone calls, a 3way convo between him the bank and myself, then 3 answered and one more unanswered email... I finally got my money back!

beemaze
02-17-2010, 9:49 PM
btt

VZ24-98
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
I placed my order on 12/3/09 and was charged. Never got a shipping or tracking number. I call Mark twice with no callback, and email him. Finally I had to turn it over to my CC to dispute to get my money back. Oh and the great promise of people who placed orders before 12/13 or ship it for free never happened.

bobnfloyd
02-20-2010, 5:29 PM
I just got this from Mark, I don't expect much from him. I told him to ship my ammo, or I'd sic the State Attorney General on him and do a chargeback. This is what I got from him.

"if you want to charge back then go ahead, there is no set time frame when you make your order for it to be filled. I am shipping out orders everyday and if you don't want to wait any longer for your order to ship then that is up to you. As for contacting the state attorney general that's fine as well, I will send you the address if you like. I no longer even own this company, I am just making sure everyone gets the ammo there ordered or a refund other then that I have nothing to do with TMJ Trading anymore. So you can wait for your ammo to show up next week or request a refund from your credit card company."

You could ask, why don't I just wait a week, well, I've gotten then, ammo is in the mail from him... 3 times already. I've waited a month since the last email saying that.

dakobster81
02-20-2010, 8:22 PM
add a new poll, who is worse? TMJ or Richy?

Ian
02-21-2010, 1:27 AM
lol anyone notice he's always in surgery for something haha

Merc1138
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
lol anyone notice he's always in surgery for something haha

Yeah, I noticed that too. The guy may very well actually have health problems, no reason to laugh about that, but it is indeed on the edge of being ridiculous.

beemaze
02-22-2010, 5:36 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. The guy may very well actually have health problems, no reason to laugh about that, but it is indeed on the edge of being ridiculous.

Sociopaths often feign illness to gain sympathy from their victims. So don't get fooled by this guy....

Ezekiel2000
02-22-2010, 6:09 PM
I just got this from Mark, I don't expect much from him. I told him to ship my ammo, or I'd sic the State Attorney General on him and do a chargeback. This is what I got from him.

"if you want to charge back then go ahead, there is no set time frame when you make your order for it to be filled. I am shipping out orders everyday and if you don't want to wait any longer for your order to ship then that is up to you. As for contacting the state attorney general that's fine as well, I will send you the address if you like. I no longer even own this company, I am just making sure everyone gets the ammo there ordered or a refund other then that I have nothing to do with TMJ Trading anymore. So you can wait for your ammo to show up next week or request a refund from your credit card company."

You could ask, why don't I just wait a week, well, I've gotten then, ammo is in the mail from him... 3 times already. I've waited a month since the last email saying that.

The guy is a joke. There IS a set time frame from when you order to when he has to ship, which is laid out on the following Federal Trade Commission (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm) website. Lots of good info there...

What You Should Know Before You Make a Shipment Representation

When you offer to sell merchandise, you must have a "reasonable basis" for:

* any express or implied shipment representation, or
* believing you can ship within 30 days of receipt of an order -- if you make no shipment representation or if the shipment representation is not clear and conspicuous.

I needed multiple choice for this poll since I had three orders. Here's what happened with all of them:
1) Received. 22 ammo was what I ordered. 9mm ammo was switched out without my ok.
2) .223 ammo was shipped well into 2010. When I pointed out that it was after his promised date of shipping and that I had already called my CC company for a charge back and asked if it was the free ammo he promised, he had it returned to him. No contact with me, just returned to him.
3) Never shipped, never mentioned by him again.

The last two my Credit Card company was very good about refunding the money.

VictorFranko
02-22-2010, 6:16 PM
My first order from Mark was easy and I received my ammo as ordered.
Second time I ordered, nothing happened. No charge to my CC, nothing.
I called and spoke to Mark, and he said my order was shipping. I never received anything, my CC was never charged.

bobnfloyd
02-23-2010, 7:04 AM
My first order from Mark was easy and I received my ammo as ordered.
Second time I ordered, nothing happened. No charge to my CC, nothing.
I called and spoke to Mark, and he said my order was shipping. I never received anything, my CC was never charged.

I mirror this comment EXCEPT, well he charged me for the 2nd shipment and then lied to me for the next 3 months saying it was shipping, was shipped, or was on it's way. Like I said, I'm fairly upset at the guy.

It seems that he's either no longer the owner of the shop, lying more, or a fraud and a thief.

B.D.Dubloon
02-23-2010, 11:23 AM
I just got off the phone with TMJ regarding an order I placed back on 12/16 for around 10k rounds of Federal 22. He told me that they wouldn't be getting the Federal in for a while but that they were getting a bunch of American Eagle in and he would substitute it round for round and mail it out next week. Assuming he does (which I do) I am pretty happy all things considered.

bobnfloyd
02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Are you getting it free or any such thing like he promised, did he tell you that you that he doesn't own the place any more?

I wouldn't be happy unless I actually see the thing in the mail, because even when he does say it's in the mail... well, it's not in the mail.

B.D.Dubloon
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Are you getting it free or any such thing like he promised, did he tell you that you that he doesn't own the place any more?

I wouldn't be happy unless I actually see the thing in the mail, because even when he does say it's in the mail... well, it's not in the mail.

Not getting it free, just the same number of rounds at the same price (I think AE is normally more expensive). He sounded like my call woke him up, but he was very accommodating and told me what I wanted to hear. I'm expecting him to follow through with his word.

bobnfloyd
02-24-2010, 8:29 AM
Yea, he hasn't picked up in the dozen times or so I've called. He hasn't even called me back in the half dozen times I've left a message. While a dozen seems like a lot, remember this is going on 90-100 days now.

Cokebottle
02-24-2010, 7:12 PM
Hmm... Maybe I'll call and leave a message that I want to buy 1000rds of 45acp, but I don't have internet access so I have to order by phone.

When when he calls back, I'll just say PSYCH!!!

B.D.Dubloon
02-24-2010, 9:17 PM
Yea, he hasn't picked up in the dozen times or so I've called. He hasn't even called me back in the half dozen times I've left a message. While a dozen seems like a lot, remember this is going on 90-100 days now.

It was probably the 6th time I called him that he picked up, and I was shocked. I figured it would just go to voicemail again. I guess I got lucky:D Still, at this point, I am more or less at satisfied customer.

Ezekiel2000
02-25-2010, 5:16 AM
I just got off the phone with TMJ regarding an order I placed back on 12/16 for around 10k rounds of Federal 22. He told me that they wouldn't be getting the Federal in for a while but that they were getting a bunch of American Eagle in and he would substitute it round for round and mail it out next week. Assuming he does (which I do) I am pretty happy all things considered.

He's told a lot of people a lot of things, and he always sounds sincere when he says it. I'm doubting he'll follow through. For your sake I hope I'm wrong and he does ship it this week. Next week please let us know if it actually shows in the UPS system as MOVING towards you or if it was just him blowing more smoke.

beemaze
03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Mid-Feb, Mark emailed me saying the firearm would ship any day now. Order was placed 12/14/09. I never received a thing as of today. My credit card was credited on Feb 25th, 10 days after he said "any day now."

This whole experience has been a total waste of time and this person, Mark, is a pathological liar. Sociopaths usually use excuses to make us feel sorry for them and continue to manipulate us to their own end: be it sympathy, control (since they have no real control in their own lives), or monetary reasons. They usually sound sincere. That is the art of the sociopath. They can convince you of anything.

Don't hold your breath for anything from TMJ trading. I'm glad it is over with. Negative feedback has been left for TMJ.

Looking at the poll, roughly 1/3 of the people that placed orders actually received anything. That is just plain pathetic. TMJ trading should be banned from Calguns. Mods???

kenjimatic
03-01-2010, 2:32 PM
12/1/09 order and no response what so ever. Unanswered phone calls no emails nada... :(

word2smoth
03-01-2010, 2:42 PM
Hmm... Maybe I'll call and leave a message that I want to buy 1000rds of 45acp, but I don't have internet access so I have to order by phone.

When when he calls back, I'll just say PSYCH!!!

Ha, ha, ha. Do it, I dare you! I double dog dare you!

TMJ, what a crappy sounding company. I'll be sure to stay away.

munkeeboi
03-03-2010, 9:04 PM
After about 3 months of calls/emails and contacting a detective, I finally got a UPS tracking notice for a SIG 522 that I ordered for $400. It's already picked up and en route. For every 4 emails or calls to him, I got 1 response back. I'm not sure if the savings was worth it after the transfer fee I'm going to have to pay, but I'm hoping this drama is almost over for me (fingers crossed). I was told that sig included an extra mag, but we'll see.

I really think he's just in over his head, or why would he even call people back? just something to think about, unless he really has an issue and likes to mess with people. regardless, like many, I wouldn't buy from him again since he doesn't have any business sense or morals.

It's been a wild ride and I'll let you guys know if he actually took the time to send me a brick just to buy more time and have me off his case for a week.

beemaze
03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
At least you may be getting what you ordered.

I'm so disappointed because he charged over $1300 on my credit card, I emailed and called for 3 months, with nothing but one lame empty promise of an email that shipment would be made soon, which never happened. I don't see how anyone could endorse this fool. I hope he burns.

Skidmark
03-10-2010, 4:54 PM
What kills me is he wants 10% per month for his layaway plan... that's called usury.

https://tmjtrading.com/Layaway_Plan.html

But what is it called when he charges credit cards and fails to deliver? Besides fraud... :mad:

k3nnex
03-10-2010, 5:07 PM
I think he was just doing his best to reach success. If you want to be extremely successful you have to take extreme risks. Maybe the odds were against him in this one. I got my order, I'm happy with the deal I got. I just wished it wasn't so rocky

beemaze
03-10-2010, 7:13 PM
Success in business takes some risks, but extreme risks to the point of ruining your reputation and not delivering to 60-70% of your customers is just plain dumb. It has nothing to do with odds unless you think running a business is like playing craps. Trust me, it is not.

I am still amazed that more people have not left negative feedback and that TMJ Trading has not been banned. Seriously, more people need to man up on here. What are you scared of? Reprisal? Lol.

badduggy
03-12-2010, 8:02 AM
received my firearm within two weeks of ordering in dec. just got a credit by amex for the ammo i never received

coolinsocal
03-22-2010, 4:00 PM
Success in business takes some risks, but extreme risks to the point of ruining your reputation and not delivering to 60-70% of your customers is just plain dumb. It has nothing to do with odds unless you think running a business is like playing craps. Trust me, it is not.

I am still amazed that more people have not left negative feedback and that TMJ Trading has not been banned. Seriously, more people need to man up on here. What are you scared of? Reprisal? Lol.

I agree 100%. It amazed me how many people still fell for this guy's lines day by day after the initial screwing he gave them whereby he streched things out to his advantage. I read the 130 plus page thread and kept wondering why so may people were so in the dark saying things like, "oh the poor guy probably got overwhelmed with orders" and other similar statements. No, he got overwhelmed with the wheel barrels full of cash he ripped people off for.

Beemaze I gotta tell you I agree, a couple people definitely need to sack up. Had this guy been caught in your bedroom late some night going through your wallet he might have got a cap in his *** right? "betting not any of his ammo, hahaha" Well, he ripped people off in a different way but he still ripped them off. Why give him so much benefit of doubt.

What part of thief and a liar are people having such trouble understanding? Stop calling it other than what it is. He filled some orders to gain confidence then as far as the posts and poll looks he screwed more than he didn't screw. Falling for the initial order was an innocent mistake any of us could have made but giving him so much credibility after the fact is what makes victims repeat victims.

Thanks for telling like it is Beemaze, you are a stand up guy :cool:

beemaze
03-23-2010, 2:39 PM
Thanks for concurring and your compliments as well.

Regards.

diginit
03-29-2010, 6:08 PM
I actually recieved my case of 223 today! After a long wait (39 days) and quite a few emails as described on the TMJ thread. It SEEMS that Mark has sold the Co. and the new owner Mike understands the meaning of a collaboritive lawsuite. But it could be Mark covering his Arse.

My advise to those that have not recieved their order is to send another email and not be too mean or too nice about it. Casually mention CG.
I paid by USPS MO and I'm sure the owner knew about mail fraud. Guess I got lucky! I hope everyone else that ordered does also. J.

diginit
03-29-2010, 6:23 PM
I think TMJ is lucky that this poll wasn't for "Who wants to take a vacation trip to Maine" :43:
To ripoff a crowd of men that you know own guns is just plain stupid. :TFH: May well stick his own dk in a sausage grinder. It's just a good thing that most of us obey the law and don't believe in dragging people from a bumper. But it only takes that one.....

Oh well...probably banned again....:chris:

Best of luck to all that got the shaft.

MudCamper
04-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I placed an order for 1000 rounds of 223 back on December 2, 2009.

My credit card was charged that day.

I still have never received anything.

I continue to get the runaround when I contact this scam company. Today when I called, the guy on the phone claimed to be named "Mike" and said that "Mark" was fired a month ago. But on March 12 (less than a month ago) I was promised in an email from "Mark" that my order would ship on March 16. And of course that never happened.

The latest story I got today from "Mike" on the phone is that he's lost all the credit card records, because "Mark" had them. He says he'll send me a money order today. More stalling tactics? Probably.

beemaze
04-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately MudCamper you should have filed a dispute with your credit card company 60-90 days after you placed your order. Now you are at the mercy of TMJ Trading.

ArkinDomino
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I just don't understand how this went so wrong. I ordered my ammo around nov 24 and got my ammo. How did this cluster f happen? I don't believe it was a scam all along because various people did receive their order, but what of those that didn't ? Has any truth come to light yet?

Merc1138
04-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I just don't understand how this went so wrong. I ordered my ammo around nov 24 and got my ammo. How did this cluster f happen? I don't believe it was a scam all along because various people did receive their order, but what of those that didn't ? Has any truth come to light yet?

It's quite simple, I got my ammo also. The guy had some ammo, oversold his inventory, never got enough shipments in to cover the orders, never stopped allowing new orders, could never fill the backlog, and bailed out while keeping a lot of folks money.

Kali-Jax
04-02-2010, 2:12 PM
I ordered Nov. 23 I got my 40s&w three weeks later and just got my .223 refund last week.

Kind of like my bank a savings with no interest.

munkeeboi
04-02-2010, 3:22 PM
The guy seriously went way over his head in this and relied too much on what his suppliers were telling him and got greedy. it doesn't help that he has the worst customer service ever.

I just picked up my Sig 522 from my dealer...was sitting there for 25 days though waiting for another rifle to come in, But I ordered it in EARLY December. Even got an extra mag like he said sig would provide, but it's still no far from acceptable.

I'd just call the credit cards and cancel, this guy isn't surfacing here again.

diginit
04-12-2010, 9:07 PM
Any new Info? Like from the 28 that got nothing or the 3 that got the same? Any homocide or arrest reports about Mark from Maine or the Bahamas?

diginit
04-29-2010, 6:18 PM
Once again... Anything new? Has anyone else recieved their order? If so, Please update this thread by posting a reply. I just got a PM from a person who hasn't.
Thanks CG, For filing the dispute. But what about the other 31 CG'ers that got burned?

beemaze
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
https://tmjtrading.com/Home_Page.php

Looks like TMJ Trading's website is down for good and has been that way for at least a month....

Skidmark
10-19-2011, 9:26 AM
Whatever became of this? Did Mark of TMJ ever suffer a penalty over his fraudulent business practices? Were any more CGN members able to get funds returned?