PDA

View Full Version : AR gunsmith

javalos
02-14-2010, 4:13 PM
I live in NorCal, near Stockton. Would like recommendations for a gunsmith that will swap out barrels for my AR. Thank you

X-NewYawker
02-14-2010, 4:14 PM
AR rifles do not need gunsmiths
they are perfect weapons with no design flaws
they can even can change their own barrels.

Just messing with you -- peeps up in stockton?

xounlistedxox
02-14-2010, 4:44 PM
If you have simple hand tools like a hammer and punches in addition to a barrel nut wrench you can easily do this yourself. If you don't have a barrel nut wrench you can buy one for around $20. This is the huge benefit of the AR's platform everything is modular and easily end user installed. If you need any tips, or photos I can help out. I'm sure someone has a photo tutorial, or possibly a video on youtube already. I'll check it out right now

Ironhead79ltc
02-14-2010, 4:47 PM
go to brownells.com and they have how-to gunsmithing videos

xounlistedxox
02-14-2010, 4:52 PM
This video isn't specifically for removing a barrel, but the only step that's missing is once you remove the delta ring/barrel nut assembly the barrel typically comes out with very little force. Remove your barrel then put in your new barrel anf follow the rest of the instructions. This way you save some $, get a new tool that's useful, and know how to change a barrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryr0wZ71Hg&feature=PlayList&p=34F2CBBB76042A54&index=19

mlatino
02-14-2010, 4:57 PM
pm sent. I'm about 10 minutes away and can help you with whatever you need.

EMT John
02-14-2010, 5:00 PM
I don't know anyone in Stockton but Sacramento black rifle is my recommendation for a place in sac

If you swap it out yourself make sure you grease the threads