PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Techno idiot HELP

Fireguy
02-14-2010, 1:24 PM
I missed a meeting now I'm a Banquet Chairman for the MT Diablo Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation. I can barely get into CalGuns without help. Is there some way to get all my info on the net and capture all the incoming email addresses to allow me to send return email en mass?

I'd ask more questions but I don't know what to ask. Thanks in advance.

nick
02-14-2010, 1:45 PM
You have to be a bit more specific about what you want to accomplish. For example, what do you mean by getting all your info on the net?

EdinKali
02-14-2010, 3:57 PM
I missed a meeting now I'm a Banquet Chairman for the MT Diablo Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation. I can barely get into CalGuns without help. Is there some way to get all my info on the net and capture all the incoming email addresses to allow me to send return email en mass?

I'd ask more questions but I don't know what to ask. Thanks in advance.

If you are harvesting e-mail addy's and sending the same unsolicited e-mail to a bunch of people that is considered spamming. It is frowned upon(illegal in some places) and can get you banned from sites not to mention your e-mail account may get suspended by your ISP or e-mail provider.

shark92651
02-14-2010, 5:20 PM
It hardly sounds like he is trying to harvest email addresses. Sounds to me like he wants to take email addresses collected from a website, or members, and email people about events.

http://www.nwtf.org/in_your_state/lists.php?STATE=CA

Without knowing specifics it's hard to say, but sounds to me like you just need to set up all your contacts in an email system and create a mailing list. You can do this in pretty much ANY email account - even a free one like gmail.com or yahoo.com.

Fireguy
02-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Shark
You have a better handle on what I want to do than I do. What I want to do is, when someone make contacts our site( not established yet) I can get there addy on a list to send them email regarding our events. The plan is to have a fund raiser 4/30/10, use those funds to have a jakes event(kids) and a women in the outdoors event. We want to expose as many people to the outdoors as possible. I just don't know how to get the word to a broad audience using the net. While maxiumizing donations and soft dollars.

I hope this clears up things and shows my intentions are honorable.

Rob454
02-15-2010, 5:38 AM
Most email accounts have a feature where they will automatically add every person who emails you to your contacts account. so look for that first. This way you wont have to singularly add every person that contacts you to your contacts account

Open up your contacts account and then it should pop up a list of all your contacts. At one point there should be a option on the page where you can check off ( little square) right by the contacts name. at the top of the page there should be a ALL square. click that and every name on the contact list should automatically get a small checkmart next to their name. Then look for a send email button. click that andit shoudl bring up a email window where all the email addresses are everyone you have in the contact list.