PDA

View Full Version : Stupid search question.

crazy
02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't figure out how to search for HK. I use the search box in each section and I get nothing. My other searches work, just not for HK. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Oldbud
02-14-2010, 12:43 PM
The site's search tool doesn't do short terms well, but there is an alternative-

At the top of each page is a link for the CGN Google Search (http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=018149931542195181678:pzxbzjzh1zk).

It will do 2 letter searches, but you should add more keywords to limit the number of "hits".

Add phrases within "quotes" then add the keyword(s) you are looking for.

An example of the terms to enter if looking for an hk in the Private Firearms Sales section-

"Private Firearms Sales" hk

IrishPirate
02-14-2010, 12:46 PM
sometimes, at night, i lay in bed thinking of ways to destroy the search button for all the pain it's caused me.....one day......one day....:43:

crazy
05-01-2010, 7:39 PM
OK, so I put in HK USC Mag, nothing comes up. It's wierd how nothing I try works. I go to the different sections and try, still nothing. I must be doing something wrong. If I type Saiga, I get a list of stuff. :confused::confused::confused:

i1800collect
05-01-2010, 8:53 PM
OK, so I put in HK USC Mag, nothing comes up. It's wierd how nothing I try works. I go to the different sections and try, still nothing. I must be doing something wrong. If I type Saiga, I get a list of stuff. :confused::confused::confused:

what exactly are you searching for? hk usc magazines that are for sale?

crazy
05-01-2010, 9:51 PM
If I search for

HK = nothing
HK USC = nothing
HK USC MAG = nothing

I just think it's kinda weird. I did go to google and search calguns and HK and found a bunch of stuff. Just wondering why every search comes back with nothing. You know, Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe it's simple minds want to know. I forget.

crazy
05-01-2010, 9:58 PM
what exactly are you searching for? hk usc magazines that are for sale?

Yes, that was what I was searching for. I also wanted to know what I was doing wrong using the search tab.

TonyM
05-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Yes, that was what I was searching for. I also wanted to know what I was doing wrong using the search tab.

Try this in google: site:www.calguns.net "HK" + "USC" + 'Mag"

Returns 1,070 hits for me.

i1800collect
05-01-2010, 11:49 PM
If I search for

HK = nothing
HK USC = nothing
HK USC MAG = nothing

I just think it's kinda weird. I did go to google and search calguns and HK and found a bunch of stuff. Just wondering why every search comes back with nothing. You know, Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe it's simple minds want to know. I forget.

The default forum search will not search for strings of 3 or less characters. Searching "HK", "HK USC", and "HK USC MAG" will always result in "no results" because all of those contain strings of 3 or less characters.

As other have mentioned already, the default forum search is HORRIBLE. Use the CGN Google Search (http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=018149931542195181678:pzxbzjzh1zk).

crazy
05-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the replies. I did find stuff using google.