PDA

View Full Version : CGF Fundraising Challenge A Huge Success, Calguns Raises over $40,000 in 7 Days!

wildhawker
02-12-2010, 8:12 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize for the delay in providing you with the final results of the 2009 Calguns Foundation Fundraising Challenge (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=253099) held from 12:01am Dec. 25, 2009 until 11:59pm Dec. 31, 2009. At the request of Gene Hoffman and Ben Cannon of CGF, it is an honor and a privilege for me to announce that this community raised more than $40,000 for our fight for Second Amendment rights in just the last 7 days of 2009.

As always, we’re obligated to respect the desires of those donors who requested that both their identity and donation amounts remain confidential; as such, we have not included these donations in the below tally:

Electronic (PayPal, GunPal): $25,094.82
Live Check: $2,950.00
My Match: $6,191.18
GunPal’s Match: $6,191.18
Total Above: $40,427.18

Understand that this is a significant accomplishment, and one this community should be very proud of. As you know, the CGF Board of Directors works extraordinarily hard to bring the greatest returns on our investment in our freedom, including defending against the improper prosecution of our innocent gun owner family members. This substantial sum of money has gone to replenish the costs of CGF’s important amicus brief to the US Supreme Court for the McDonald v. Chicago case; further, through your generous donations we have made it possible for CGF to leverage all necessary and useful tools for the upcoming AB962 lawsuit challenging the mail order handgun ammunition ban. I know that this suit and others like it are as important to you as they are to me, and it shows.

It would be unfair and inaccurate to point to any one of us as the sole reason for the Fundraiser’s success; I am, however, very confident that we would not have made such tremendous marks without each and every tax-deductible contribution made (remember, every donation of just $10 brought a total of $30 with the match!). This Challenge especially benefitted from the attention and encouraging motivation from a few Calgunners who are simply examples of civic virtue at work in this community (you know who you are). Thank you for joining together in support of this worthy cause.

In light of the above, I'll ask that you join me in making a commitment to CGF throughout the year by setting up an automatically recurring monthly tax-deductible contribution through your bank's online bill pay system or GunPal. CGF's continuing work with upcoming cases (:43:) is entirely dependent upon our support. Let's make sure we not only take it upon ourselves to assist them financially but also ask our family and friends who support our precious fundamental rights to join us in rallying together for what is surely the most crucial year for the Second Amendment in California.

Not only was this Fundraising Challenge tremendous fun for me to be a part of and watch evolve but it was a humbling and powerful experience as well. I hope you find this news to be as heartening as I did, and again I thank you for your generosity and support of our Second Amendment rights that CGF and its team of attorneys work so hard to advance on our behalf.

Regards,

Brandon Combs

Lone_Gunman
02-12-2010, 8:23 PM
Well done everyone! Let me echo Brandon on one point. Please please please please set up a monthly automatic contribution to the CGF. Even if you can only afford 5 or 10 dollars a month every contribution advances our fight. The regular flow of funds to The CGF is priceless.

-LG

wildhawker
02-12-2010, 8:33 PM
Well done everyone! Let me echo Brandon on one point. Please please please please set up a monthly automatic contribution to the CGF. Even if you can only afford 5 or 10 dollars a month every contribution advances our fight. The regular flow of funds to The CGF is priceless.

-LG

I'll equate it this way: for every monthly recurring donation of just $10, $120 annually, we can distribute 2,000 color copies of the Flowchart to LEOs and gunnies who would otherwise be in hot water (or heating the water unnecessarily). At this weeks' Calguns booth at the World Ag Expo (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=268246), your donations put stacks of SacPD memos, Flowcharts and other information into the hands of law enforcement from at least 5 different agencies.

Every donation counts.

U2BassAce
02-12-2010, 8:37 PM
Wow awesome job!:cool:

bwiese
02-12-2010, 8:39 PM
You know, we now have a higher budget (and lower cost structure) than the DOJ for outreach.

Calguns - gitten'r'done...

eaglemike
02-12-2010, 8:45 PM
You know, we now have a higher budget (and lower cost structure) than the DOJ for outreach.

Calguns - gitten'r'done...
May I also suggest that the accuracy of information provided by the folks at CGF is just a "bit" better than the info provided at times by the DOJ??? :43: This also makes the point that inspired citizens are better protectors of freedom than the government!

Thanks to all that contributed!
all the best,
Mike

Experimentalist
02-12-2010, 9:29 PM
Although the final tally was the result of many people working for a common cause, it would not have happened without the galvanizing force of one Brandon Combs.

Without your creativity, drive, and matching funds (that were ~ 15% of the total), the 2nd amendment in California would be ~ $40k poorer.

A salute to Mr. Combs!

:cheers2::79::King::party:

loather
02-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Congratulations to CGF! And I think it goes without saying that we owe a huge thanks to wildhawker for his tremendous donation to the cause. Thank you very much. Next time I'm in the bay area, beers on me!

ETA: Ben and GUNPAL deserve much the same mention as well -- thank you very much!

RP1911
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
great work. Congrats to everyone and specifcally to the one that started it. wildhawker. Hope you weren't selling those guns to cover your match.

If possible, I'd like to know how many people made a donation.

hoffmang
02-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Wildhawker made something amazing happen. That amazing will pay lots of dividends.

We all owe him our thanks.

-Gene

wildhawker
02-12-2010, 10:35 PM
great work. Congrats to everyone and specifcally to the one that started it. wildhawker. Hope you weren't selling those guns to cover your match.

If possible, I'd like to know how many people made a donation.

I can say that we had roughly 375 unique contributors. The current sales are going towards an upcoming move (trying to close on one, we're 0/4 on offers to date :chris:).

ETA: Seriously, thank you to all for the kind words but I'd like to point out that this community has an uncanny ability to set a goal, achieve it then exceed it many times over. It is an honor to be in the company of great advocates.

trashman
02-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Absolutely incredible work Brandon - thank you for your leadership!

--Neill

rkt88edmo
02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Congratulations to all who donated - you made this happen. And kudos to you matching contributors as well.

RP1911
02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I can say that we had roughly 375 unique contributors....

That's $107.81 per person including your and GunPal's matches.

$75.19 per person not including your and GunPal's matches.

Either way great averages.

erblo
02-13-2010, 9:41 AM
Good work guys, keep up the fight!!

NovaTodd
02-13-2010, 5:42 PM
Thanks to everyone involved in putting this on and coordination of everything.
Keep up the fight for all of us.

Stormfeather
02-15-2010, 8:50 PM
Somehow I missed this, Great Job Folks!
Kudos To You Brandon! :thumbsup:

PORCH
02-16-2010, 10:06 AM
What is the rough estimate of donations that people wished to keep private.

Legasat
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Well done everyone!

madmike
02-16-2010, 10:56 AM
That is fantastic! Thank you Brandon, for starting this, and for your huge personal contribution. Maybe if we all were to contribute 10% of out tax refund(for those of us getting and not giving), or more, we could do even better.

-madmike.

wildhawker
02-16-2010, 12:11 PM
What is the rough estimate of donations that people wished to keep private.

I cannot comment except to say that this fundraiser was more successful than any one of us could have imagined it would be.

PORCH
02-16-2010, 9:50 PM
I cannot comment except to say that this fundraiser was more successful than any one of us could have imagined it would be.

Understood, thanks for all your hard work and dedication toward the cause in addition to your monetary contribution.

AndrewMendez
02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Wow!!!! I am blown away! If this was not right after Christmas, I could have donated more, and I am sure, a hell of a lot of other people could have too, maybe a June one? Anyone have an extra $6000 to get the ball rolling? Brandon, my hat is off to you Sir!