PDA

View Full Version : Latest Brady eMail for Feb 17th Microstamping Hearing

CaliforniaLiberal
02-12-2010, 2:17 PM
Be There Feb 17th!

Also, might be a good idea to let Starbucks know that we support their official policy tolerating open carry.

1. No “Open Carry Guns” at Starbucks

2. Become a Brady Chapter 2010 Member

3. Feb. 17th Microstamping Hearing in Sacramento

1. No Open Carry at Starbucks: Over the past few months, more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons. Peet’s Coffee and Calif. Pizza Kitchen have adopted gun free policies. The Brady Campaign has teamed up with CREDO Action to tell Starbucks to keep guns out of its coffee shops. I f you haven’t yet signed the petition, please do so at: http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/starbucks_guns/?rc=brady . Please forward this link to family and friends!

2. Join the Sacramento Valley Brady Chapter (2010 Chapter Dues = $10 individual or $15 family):
Dues or donations may be charged at: http://www.bradycampaign.org/chapters/donatelocally
Or send a check (made out to Brady Campaign Chapter) to:
Brady Campaign Chapter
P.O. Box 892
Rough & Ready, CA 95975

2. Public Hearing on Microstamping Regulations
When: Wednesday, February 17th, 9 a.m. (The hearing could be very short or last all day – we do not know what to expect! I suggest that you come early.)
Where: Department of Water Resources Auditorium http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Sacramento&state=CA&address=1416+9th+St&zipcode=95814-5511&country=US&latitude=38.5759&longitude=-121.49685&geocode=ADDRESS
1416 9th Street, Sacramento, CA
Nearest Parking Garage: Corner of 10th & L Streets
Why: We need your presence at this upcoming hearing! This public hearing will be held for the purpose of receiving public comments regarding the proposed microstamping regulations. The Brady Campaign and our coalition partners are preparing their written comments to be submitted by the deadline. Our experts will be testifying. The NRA has been trying to stall the implementation of this important legislation that was signed by Gov. Schwarzenegger in 2007. We need supporters to show up to fill the seats.
Three microstamping rule making documents can be viewed at: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/index.php#micro
Amanda Wilcox
California Chapters
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
530-432-2171
mmmnevadaco@nacctel.com
www.bradycampaign.org/CA

8-Ball
02-12-2010, 2:23 PM
I thought this was dead in the water due to inability to implement...

kf6tac
02-12-2010, 2:30 PM
I thought this was dead in the water due to inability to implement...

The DOJ is still required by law to hold rulemaking hearings in order to determine whether or not the ability to implement, free of patent encumbrances, exists.

Sam .223
02-12-2010, 4:00 PM
this is kinda off topic, but with these brady letters or whatever it is, is there anyway to sue them for descrimination or encouraging acts of? i was just wondering about that while reading that trash.

Aleksandr Mravinsky
02-12-2010, 4:51 PM
The petition that is linked to in the e-mail is pure FUD. There is no evidence given supporting claims made in the last few paragraphs.

There is no right to sit in a coffee shop without an irrational fear of guns; there is a right to bear arms.

Then there's the entirely hilarious bit about gun-owners having "all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law-enforcement training." Last I checked, SWAT teams had more than an unloaded pistol at their disposal.

I suggest we start a petition urging Starbucks to continue their UOC policies.

hoffmang
02-12-2010, 6:24 PM
DOJ is attempting to implement regulations about how to have someone submit a microstamping technology that can then kick off a new round of regulations.

Not much there.

-Gene

Neuvik
02-12-2010, 7:15 PM
Would I be clever to sign the Brady's Starbucks Petition as the Emperor of California, Norton I?

kf6tac
02-12-2010, 7:45 PM
this is kinda off topic, but with these brady letters or whatever it is, is there anyway to sue them for descrimination or encouraging acts of? i was just wondering about that while reading that trash.

Probably not, and it's probably not anything that you would actually want to do. The right to petition the government is protected by the First Amendment, so it'd be bad news if Americans could sue one another for exercising their First Amendment rights.