PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Allied Armament

Allied Armament
02-11-2010, 11:47 PM
So quick question for some of you who have bought from us in the past. What are your thoughts about Allied Armament? Please be as open as possible I am very open to criticism. My concern is I see people selling our 1919a4's but at the same time will try to not mention that they were built buy us, but whats funny is whenever we sell them we get top dollar, so I guess I don't understand the philosphy. I know that we had some time lines that we didn't meet but in the end we always got out what we promised, or a refund. People who bought guns from us on this board bought them cheap $895-$995, you can get 1200-1500 easily and compared to most all of your other investments, financially they don't compare. Now that they are pretty much off the market its all up to the buyers discretion so anyway, my thought is "hey were still in business", rapid fire the other biggest 1919a4 manufacture is not "so why would you hide it." it doesn't make sense. Anyway I know I still owe black water ops a tripod, and another guy a sear from this board "his avatar is like a big tall hunter dude." The only reason I haven't sent him a replacement is because all he has done is *****ed on multiple boards and talked about how he bought a KMP trigger and sear, so what good does it do if I send him another if he's running another company sear!? well anyways, late night tangent... Let me know your thoughts. On a last note thanks for all those who gave us your business.

freonr22
02-12-2010, 12:29 AM
then send him a tripod... the other well...:lurk5:

makav3li
02-12-2010, 1:52 AM
where can i get a 1919 for $895?

stevie
02-12-2010, 2:07 AM
I am still waiting for a 308 booster from the 895.00 group buy. That was what, 2 years ago? After many emails gave up. Thats your major problem, terrible customer service.

While the AA 1919A4, is not a bad product. You reputation in the 1919A4 market is pretty bad.

The customer does not want to wait and keep waiting for a product that was promised on a certain day, then week, then month, then never.

thefifthspeed
02-12-2010, 3:15 AM
My only gripe was having to wait weeks and weeks for a product that was supposed to be ready on day x. I was also interested in the PPSH and the MP40 but the reports of problems on the PPSHs had me nervous to jump on them.

In the end AA was/is one of the companies making some oddball ww2 firearms that most others weren't. If they have a product I can't find anywhere else I'd be inclined to buy from them again.

Allied Armament
02-12-2010, 8:14 AM
Cool, I knew we had some customer service issues. It had greatly to do with our under-trained staff. Now that we are a greatly reduced in size and have just the core employees I can really focus on creating a much more organized service orientated business. If the economy has done anything its given us a chance to take a step back and look at our business and take care of the mistakes we had made. Stevie if you'd like the booster still let me know, I have several sitting on the shelf just go through my auctions and pick one out (sans .30-o6) http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=1452898

I am still waiting for a 308 booster from the 895.00 group buy. That was what, 2 years ago? After many emails gave up. Thats your major problem, terrible customer service.

While the AA 1919A4, is not a bad product. You reputation in the 1919A4 market is pretty bad.

The customer does not want to wait and keep waiting for a product that was promised on a certain day, then week, then month, then never.

stevie
02-12-2010, 9:10 AM
Thanks, I will take you up on the offer... How about 157336823 Auc#12 or 157339915 Auc#15?

E-120
02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I have always wanted your 1919a4 the MP40 and PPSH. I was glad to see a company focus on obscure history. Unfortunately there were so many horror stories about your service and delivery time table. I bought the 1919 used and its a blast gun works well and seams to be of decent construction. I will eventually buy the other guns, and hope that the reviews of your customer service improve to the point that I can buy directly from you. This is not written as a slam, but from an unbiased bistander.
Howie

Cokebottle
02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Anyway I know I still owe black water ops a tripod, and another guy a sear from this board "his avatar is like a big tall hunter dude." The only reason I haven't sent him a replacement is because all he has done is *****ed on multiple boards and talked about how he bought a KMP trigger and sear, so what good does it do if I send him another if he's running another company sear!?
So you admit to owing two customers product, yet haven't shipped them, and use a BS excuse for one of them?

Who cares if he's running another company's seer? He sent his to you for repair last July... he needs something to shoot, I'd buy a replacement from someone else as well if it took more than a couple of weeks to get back, especially if I received no contact from you.
I'd be trash-talking you on multiple boards as well if you couldn't take care of a simple repair/replacement in 6 months.

You owe them product, send them out!
Based only on this message, I don't think I'd buy from you.

porky
02-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Times are getting tough and it looks like you have downsized a great deal-

The key to a good business is not just the product, it's those who stand behind the product-

Sir, I would suggest that you put a HUGE effort into reestablishing your reputation-

1)If you are aware of ANY outstanding problems from the past, RESOLVE them immediately and TAKE A LOSS if you must-you must-

2)Lure customers back in with an incredible deal and be prepared to follow through to the letter-you have one chance at this-

3)Treat your customers like they are feeding your family-BECAUSE THEY ARE- be grateful

I do not know you, your company or your product

I spent 10 minutes on a search and your rep was clear- This is not rocket science-Also the tone in your post seems to lean toward you NOT wanting to take full responsibilty-it's as you can't believe that a good product can be ruined by poor service-Your company is a case study in that very concept-
It's very unfortunate that something you obviously care about is threatened by a blind spot in your business sense-

I am sure that you can research and soul search and find out how other companies have turned it around in this regard-

This is my honest opinion,I'm not mad at you- I''m actually quite sad that this is how your company is thought of and I wish you luck in fixing your reputation among gun ethusiasts-

Once bitten, twice shy-A VERY hard thing to fix-Keep your word
underpromise-Overdeliver

Win one for the gipper!;)

Black Majik
02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
So quick question for some of you who have bought from us in the past. What are your thoughts about Allied Armament? Please be as open as possible I am very open to criticism. My concern is I see people selling our 1919a4's but at the same time will try to not mention that they were built buy us, but whats funny is whenever we sell them we get top dollar, so I guess I don't understand the philosphy. I know that we had some time lines that we didn't meet but in the end we always got out what we promised, or a refund. People who bought guns from us on this board bought them cheap $895-$995, you can get 1200-1500 easily and compared to most all of your other investments, financially they don't compare. Now that they are pretty much off the market its all up to the buyers discretion so anyway, my thought is "hey were still in business", rapid fire the other biggest 1919a4 manufacture is not "so why would you hide it." it doesn't make sense. Anyway I know I still owe black water ops a tripod, and another guy a sear from this board "his avatar is like a big tall hunter dude." The only reason I haven't sent him a replacement is because all he has done is *****ed on multiple boards and talked about how he bought a KMP trigger and sear, so what good does it do if I send him another if he's running another company sear!? well anyways, late night tangent... Let me know your thoughts. On a last note thanks for all those who gave us your business.

Are you asking for constructive criticism or looking to rant? This does not reflect well on your company.

Low-Pressure
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
So you admit to owing two customers product, yet haven't shipped them, and use a BS excuse for one of them?

Who cares if he's running another company's seer? He sent his to you for repair last July... he needs something to shoot, I'd buy a replacement from someone else as well if it took more than a couple of weeks to get back, especially if I received no contact from you.
I'd be trash-talking you on multiple boards as well if you couldn't take care of a simple repair/replacement in 6 months.

this one ^^^
treat a customer great you'll pick up 5 more
treat a customer badly you'll loose 10x

berto
02-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Anyway I know I still owe black water ops a tripod, and another guy a sear from this board "his avatar is like a big tall hunter dude." The only reason I haven't sent him a replacement is because all he has done is *****ed on multiple boards and talked about how he bought a KMP trigger and sear, so what good does it do if I send him another if he's running another company sear!?

Not a customer but you ought to make good on your promises regardless of what your customers say about you here or elsewhere. Follow through with no excuses or rationalization is of utmost importance. Perhaps the sear guy is upset about not receiving his product and that is why he's rightfully dogging you. He has a reason to be upset, you don't.

Allied Armament
02-12-2010, 1:26 PM
Stevie,

Your choice just choose which one you like more, people tend to go for the two piece unit as you can change the end cap (your second option),

I'm not looking for a rant i'm just looking to repair my companies past. The sear issue was childish on my part, plus I knew we had sent him one before, the other problem I faced is we are pretty much out of them and our machinist who made them wants a minimum order of 100. Regardless of my many reasons I will send him one. As for black water I just need to verify his address is the same and send him the tripod.

We have done over 4500 transactions with clients like you, so for me to personally know and isolate two or three incidents is pretty big. I can tell you right now that if there is anything else that hasn't been acknowledged or that I have been made aware of they should make me aware of it.

I've spent the last 4 months operating under new account on gunbroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=1452898 and I have had excellent reviews, i'm obviously picking up where we left off I just want previous customers to chime in on what they'd like to see in the future. I am looking to correct my mistakes and man up for which. I think that means alot.

There are some very good posts here and obviously some people who may be interpreting what i'm saying in a different way, its all good to hear.

dotchoy
02-12-2010, 2:46 PM
I have one of your 1919's from the group buy 2 years ago. Probably have 2500 rounds through it. The sear broke at about 2000 rounds and the spades broke at about 2300 rounds. I love the gun. Was able to weld up the spades and replaced the trigger and sear with a kmp, since you guys had shut things down. I also have bought lots of parts from you guys off of gunbroker with no issue.

stevie
02-12-2010, 2:49 PM
Stevie,

Your choice just choose which one you like more, people tend to go for the two piece unit as you can change the end cap (your second option),

I'm not looking for a rant i'm just looking to repair my companies past. The sear issue was childish on my part, plus I knew we had sent him one before, the other problem I faced is we are pretty much out of them and our machinist who made them wants a minimum order of 100. Regardless of my many reasons I will send him one. As for black water I just need to verify his address is the same and send him the tripod.

We have done over 4500 transactions with clients like you, so for me to personally know and isolate two or three incidents is pretty big. I can tell you right now that if there is anything else that hasn't been acknowledged or that I have been made aware of they should make me aware of it.

I've spent the last 4 months operating under new account on gunbroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=1452898 and I have had excellent reviews, i'm obviously picking up where we left off I just want previous customers to chime in on what they'd like to see in the future. I am looking to correct my mistakes and man up for which. I think that means alot.

There are some very good posts here and obviously some people who may be interpreting what i'm saying in a different way, its all good to hear.

I'll take the one with the removalble end cap. Thanks

Allied Armament
02-12-2010, 5:40 PM
Dotchoy, thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated. Stevie I'll pull the auction down and box it up for Mondays shipment. Thanks guys.

I have one of your 1919's from the group buy 2 years ago. Probably have 2500 rounds through it. The sear broke at about 2000 rounds and the spades broke at about 2300 rounds. I love the gun. Was able to weld up the spades and replaced the trigger and sear with a kmp, since you guys had shut things down. I also have bought lots of parts from you guys off of gunbroker with no issue.

gozuki
07-19-2010, 7:54 AM
Found this thru searching for contact info. I've been emailing James for months trying to get the last two items I purchased in April. So far, initially I was pleased with the condition and shipping of the other items, and a little disappointed that he sold items he didn't have. Then I lost faith when I havn't been able to get an email back. Those are my thoughts on Allied Armament.

stevie
07-19-2010, 8:04 AM
Yeah and still waiting on that booster....

stevie
07-19-2010, 10:48 AM
I hadn't seen this thread until today.

Bought some items from Allied on their July 4 sale.

Everything came as ordered and in a timely manner. No probs.

Don't confuse Allied Armory with Allied Armament. Different companies..

wsmc27
07-19-2010, 10:49 AM
:sleeping: ^^^ ya I just figured that out and deleted my post. my bad. I did order with Allied Armory, not these guys (A Armament).

You're fast! :)

Hope you guys get things worked out.

gozuki
07-20-2010, 2:37 PM
Reading on other sites indicate I may have screwed the pooch by ordering at all. Some guys have been waiting years to have their issues resolved.

Warning!!! Do not buy from James Malarkey AKA Allied Armament of Scappoose Oregon!!!!

Batman
07-21-2010, 12:39 AM
OK, where can I get a 1919 for even $1200? I'd get it now if you can show me who is offering or where I can get one at that price...

As far as your reputation, when getting yourself out of a hole, the first rule is to stop digging! If you owe people product, get it to them! Complaining about a customer in a public forum and saying The only reason I haven't sent him a replacement is because all he has done is *****ed on multiple boards" and then backpeddling saying you're pretty much out of them (OK, this is like being pregnant... you're not sorta, pretty much, or kinda. You either are or you aren't). If you're pretty much out of them except one, then that's that customer's. Send it to them, or else offer to pay for the sear the customer had to put in.

JMHO...

(Seriously, if anyone's got a 1919 let me know! :))

gozuki
07-21-2010, 8:57 AM
OK, where can I get a 1919 for even $1200? I'd get it now if you can show me who is offering or where I can get one at that price...

As far as your reputation, when getting yourself out of a hole, the first rule is to stop digging! If you owe people product, get it to them! Complaining about a customer in a public forum and saying The only reason I haven't sent him a replacement is because all he has done is *****ed on multiple boards" and then backpeddling saying you're pretty much out of them (OK, this is like being pregnant... you're not sorta, pretty much, or kinda. You either are or you aren't). If you're pretty much out of them except one, then that's that customer's. Send it to them, or else offer to pay for the sear the customer had to put in.

JMHO...

Go ahead and send Allied some cash. I'm sure you'll get a 1919 ASAP. Just don't ***** about it... :D

cactus
07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I was in the group buy two years ago. First off your time frame for delivery was way off. When I would call I was given the run around and " it will ship this week". Honesty goes a long way. Had you said we bit off a little more than we could chew and your wait will be 6 + months I would off understood. Second I had to call multiple times for a refund on a overcharge and as you rarely answered the phones that was a pain. The finish was great on the gun but it has had issues with the sear. Also I paid extra for a 06 cartridge stop that was never installed. Extremely poor customer service, no follow through, sub par parts Id say that's what led to your reputation. Im not mad and im not trying to bash you im just giving an honest review from a customer.

gozuki
07-21-2010, 3:31 PM
Well, I finally got a response via email. Says he's nowhere near the parts as he's in hawaii now, and won't be back for a month or more. Says he'll make it right then. We'll see..

CSACANNONEER
07-21-2010, 3:58 PM
I'm so glad that I bought a US Ordance built 1919 years before these flakely companies started pushing their junk.

gozuki
08-25-2010, 6:19 AM
As of 2 weeks ago, says he's back and is sending my stuff, still no parts. :(

stevie
08-25-2010, 7:06 AM
Don't hold your breath

mlaines
08-25-2010, 8:54 AM
Don't hold your breath
Did he never send you your part from the auction after all that?

stevie
08-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Group buy from a couple years ago

IRONWILL
08-25-2010, 2:30 PM
purchased a new 1919 A4 from allied, It would never feed right ,contacted allied they said sorry we can't help. i sold the rifle at a loss letting the new owner know of the problems!!

I will never ever buy another item from you

allied me like not so much

snobordr
08-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Haven't been by for almost 2 years and stumble upon this thread. Purchased and pre-paid (by 7 months) for a PPSh with the short shroud. After several go-arounds, received a long shroud PPSh. AA blamed the FFL and shorted me the 2 mags that were promised as a consolation.

Seriously, do not give this guy your money unless you are willing to wait, get the run around, and most likely get something you didn't want or something that you wanted, but comes with problems.

James can blame the "help" all he wants, but I dealt directly with him if I was able to get in touch with anyone from AA at all.

Buyer beware.

gozuki
08-26-2010, 6:40 PM
I've dealt only with James. Malarky is right.

zoglog
08-26-2010, 6:45 PM
whoops wrong guy :D

Cokebottle
08-26-2010, 6:55 PM
For those posting expecting Allied to see... this was his last post on Calguns, Feb 12, 2010:
Dotchoy, thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated. Stevie I'll pull the auction down and box it up for Mondays shipment. Thanks guys.

Also, it is important to note that this guy is "Allied Armament".... it is NOT "Allied Armory", who is a dealer based out of the Los Angeles area and a Calguns supporting vendor.

GMG
08-26-2010, 7:50 PM

JMHO...

If you really want a 1919A4, You want to contact John B. McQuire. He's an honest gentleman that will give you a guarntee for life.

John B. McQuire
206 Parkview Drive
McMinnville, TN 37110
(931) 473 8391

You will not be disapointed.

I have a 1919a4 built by him, 3000 rds. thru it no hicups.

Thats all I have to say!:43:

AlliedArmory
08-26-2010, 8:24 PM
Please don't get us mixed up with these guys :)

Wild Squid
08-27-2010, 4:37 AM
Looks like this Allied Armament guy is a punk and couldn't take the heat.

bigthaiboy
08-28-2010, 2:39 AM
Looks like this Allied Armament guy is a punk and couldn't take the heat.

Or maybe because Allied Armament are completely out of the gun-building business, so they don't see the need to fulfill their obligations to previous customers. AA now specialize in manufacturing the X-Series 50rd drum magazines: http://www.alliedarmament.com/index.html

fabguy
08-29-2010, 8:34 AM
TOO MANY of these kind of situations on the site now. Seems as though there are alot of flakes that use this site to promote there stuff then end up burning alot of people. Main reason why I don't buy from vendors that are on this place as much as before. A little to leery about getting burned.
GREAT site though.

Merc1138
08-29-2010, 8:41 AM
There are plenty of LEGIT vendors on here as well, and the random a-holes like this aren't the fault of calguns.net.

gozuki
09-01-2010, 9:08 AM
He has posted on ak files on 8/26 that he is sending my parts. Still no parts, and its been 4 1/2 months total now. I just want yall to be aware...

Cokebottle
09-01-2010, 6:27 PM
He has posted on ak files on 8/26 that he is sending my parts. Still no parts, and its been 4 1/2 months total now. I just want yall to be aware...
Like I said 6 months ago.....

;)

gozuki
09-02-2010, 9:23 AM
Had I seen this thread 6 months ago, I would not have bought from him four months ago.