PDA

View Full Version : How is membership level determined?

DavidRSA
02-11-2010, 2:25 PM
I mean, what are the criteria... number of posts? Donations to Calguns? iTrader activity/ratings? Length of time since original signup? Amount of time logged in? How awesome an indiividual you are....

jdberger
02-11-2010, 2:33 PM
Mostly post count.

Coolness counts, too. ;)

Volunteerism gets you a cool membership title.

Welcome to Calguns.

novabrian
02-11-2010, 3:04 PM
Send me a $100 and I can get you Calguns Addict with a gold star status!!

B Strong
02-11-2010, 4:49 PM
Send me a $100 and I can get you Calguns Addict with a gold star status!!

Brian, don't go telling our secrets to the new guys...

Welcome aboard David.

Don't fall for Brian's con-game, go directly to

www.calgunsfoundation.org

And donate the $100.00 to the foundation. It won't get you instant veteran status, but you'll have made a difference in the fight for the Second Amendment

novabrian
02-13-2010, 1:00 AM
Brian, don't go telling our secrets to the new guys...

Welcome aboard David.

Don't fall for Brian's con-game, go directly to

www.calgunsfoundation.org

And donate the $100.00 to the foundation. It won't get you instant veteran status, but you'll have made a difference in the fight for the Second Amendment

SSSHH!! I was going to use that money to buy ammo!!!

Cokebottle
02-13-2010, 1:14 AM
iTrader is the same as eBay feedback based on transactions in the marketplace... though people don't always leave feedback.
I've had two transactions where the seller has not left feedback, even though I left positives for them :mad:

ByTheBay
02-13-2010, 7:47 AM
not every one knows how to use itrader well. It took me a while to get used to it

Cokebottle
02-13-2010, 8:29 AM
not every one knows how to use itrader well. It took me a while to get used to it
These are both sellers with triple-digit ratings, and who have left FB for others.
Apparently, they simply forgot.

CSACANNONEER
02-13-2010, 8:35 AM
If you donate $100,000K to the CGF, I'm willing to bet that Kes will give you any title you want. Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it. IT's really over rated. Many members here have high post counts but, hardly ever post about anything firearms related. Go figure? Quality not quantity of posts will earn you more respect around here.

Z ME FLY
02-13-2010, 10:45 AM
iTrader is the same as eBay feedback based on transactions in the marketplace... though people don't always leave feedback.
I've had two transactions where the seller has not left feedback, even though I left positives for them :mad:

Next time just PM the person to do it

Cokebottle
02-13-2010, 6:39 PM
Next time just PM the person to do it
It's automatic in the system.
When you leave a rating for someone, iTrader sends them a PM notifying them about it... they can then check and see if it's a positive or a negative and respond accordingly.
Shouldn't have to send a separate PM.

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal to me... I'll just do everything I can to avoid getting (or having to leave) a negative by vetting sellers, paying promptly, and not being unreasonable if there are issues with shipping.

Once I've got 40 or 50 iTrader points, I won't care if anyong ever leaves me FB again... but still being in single digits or low doubles, it's kinda nice to bump the rep points when deserved to put future sellers at ease when I send them a PM that I'd like something.

And yes... I should have used the :rolleyes:, :(, or maybe :gene: instead of the "mad" smiley... because I wasn't and am not mad. If it really bothered me, I would have sent them a PM.