View Full Version : Congrats UOCers at Starbucks...you made a political cartoon

Fate
02-11-2010, 7:23 AM
In today's LA Times. Nice goin. :rolleyes:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2liaio5.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-rall11-2010feb11,0,4566727.photo

Adehtla
02-11-2010, 7:33 AM
*sigh* Makes me want to head down the road to Starbucks. They were nice to begin with, and I imagine it would be no different now.

HUTCH 7.62
02-11-2010, 7:36 AM
Hell yeah!!!

pullnshoot25
02-11-2010, 7:47 AM
HAHA. That is just silly.

I am really craving their pumpkin frap right now...

Roadrunner
02-11-2010, 7:49 AM

Try their Vente Caramel Apple Cider with a pastry. That's pretty awesome.

bodger
02-11-2010, 7:58 AM

Try their Vente Caramel Apple Cider with a pastry. That's pretty awesome.

Unmanly. Just not proper drinks for real men.
Sidle on up to the bar with your shootin' iron and shout ...WHISKEY! :D

Kharn
02-11-2010, 8:02 AM
I think it shows how silly both sides look to someone not involved.

pitchbaby
02-11-2010, 8:02 AM

Ya, cause that's a good idea.... LOL!

Roadrunner
02-11-2010, 8:06 AM

Na, I save my whiskey for when I'm at home among all of my loaded guns. :D

Glock22Fan
02-11-2010, 8:06 AM
I found it quite amusing actually, it was not nearly so bad as I expected.

Kelvrick
02-11-2010, 8:15 AM
Yes, because once you're in a political cartoon, your efforts and views are doomed.

CHS
02-11-2010, 8:17 AM
I think it shows how silly both sides look to someone not involved.

This :(

*smacking forehead*

Untamed1972
02-11-2010, 8:18 AM

Dang.....you beat me to it.....nicely said.

NorCalMama
02-11-2010, 8:19 AM
I am now officially hooked on the Americano (spelling?)... double shot w/low fat milk on ice, YUM! And yeah, that cartoon is just silly.

NorCalMama
02-11-2010, 8:24 AM
Yes, because once you're in a political cartoon, your efforts and views are doomed.

Are you being sarcastic? Honestly, I'm not sure how to read this... I would have to disagree with that view though because every single "side" and political figure gets a charicature done at some point, it's inevitable and doesn't equal instant doom, it just means that somebody who disagrees has taken notice and is mocking what they are depicting. I think that maybe those who are pro UOC need to start thinking past the principle and should look at if what they are doing is in fact helping or hurting the movement. I DO agree that it is legal, and that it is our Right to keep and bear arms, but you have to be wise how you go about exercising your Right(s). If you live in a hostile environment, you may need to regroup and find a new way to approach an issue... as unfortunate as that is.

Cool Hand Luke
02-11-2010, 8:32 AM
As a "loopy right wing gun nut" I resent having the Palin-lead Tea Party lumped in with my demographic. ;)

1911su16b870
02-11-2010, 8:38 AM
Did you see the Radlock on that AK? :D

Since when are we allowed to OC RPGs? :confused:

GrizzlyGuy
02-11-2010, 8:44 AM
Saul Alinsky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky), in Rules for Radicals (http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Radicals-Saul-Alinsky/dp/0679721134), talking about tactics:

Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

I still think the cartoon is hilarious, even though it's a play right out of his playbook.

RudyN
02-11-2010, 8:48 AM
My Favorite in winter is the Americano half Decaf and room for cream. In summer it is a Caramel Frapachino (sp?).

Lex Arma
02-11-2010, 9:05 AM
I think we should make Starbucks the official Calguns coffee shop and offer them reasonable adverstising rates for as long as they resist the Brady Bunch.

M1A Rifleman
02-11-2010, 9:08 AM
The cartoon is offensive in that it links rightwingers, tea party types, and UOCers as the same. However, the part about "service improving" is funny.

Racefiend
02-11-2010, 9:16 AM
As a "loopy right wing gun nut" I resent having the Palin-lead Tea Party lumped in with my demographic. ;)

You give her too much credit. She just jumped on the bandwagon.

DavidRSA
02-11-2010, 9:17 AM
Very Funny!!

ZombieTactics
02-11-2010, 9:33 AM
Gonna have that laminated as a luggage tag, lol.

For me, it's VENTE (damnit!) Americano with just a bit 'o cream.

SJgunguy24
02-11-2010, 9:39 AM
I think we should make Starbucks the official Calguns coffee shop and offer them reasonable adverstising rates for as long as they resist the Brady Bunch.

:clap::clap::yes:
Once again counsel has another brilliant plan. Cheers to you Don.

gef
02-11-2010, 9:43 AM
You know you've come of age when you have your on cartoon.

socalgunrunner
02-11-2010, 9:45 AM
That cartoon is not so much silly as it is just plain stupid. No matter which side of the issue you may be on, it just wasn't all that funny.

Now the day I spend $5 on some Fufu drink at Starbucks...that would be funny.

taloft
02-11-2010, 9:47 AM
I like coffee flavored coffee.:D

if its NSFW then don't post it ~rkt

Theseus
02-11-2010, 11:07 AM

+1!

And when they put a shot glass on the bar yell, "What? No. The bottle my good man."

Although, if you are one that likes paying so much for a coffee, then by all means do business with a company that at the very least respects your rights and not one that doesn't.

7x57
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Gee, Don, do you always have to be the voice of reason and responsibility like that? You're just not fitting in here. :p

And yeah, I'm sort of tempted to go get a SB coffee, and I think their coffee tastes like it was roasted with a blowtorch. But I'll take one for the team if I have to. My one question is whether they'd take a lot more heat if we're too nice to them--sort of like how the NRA often does NOT endorse candidates where it would actually be a net negative for them.

7x57

6172crew
02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I dont think Kest has approved the vendor status on Calguns yet.:chris:

Right up there next to Gunpal.:)

Merle
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Starbucks is my 2nd office. Not only do they stay open late (1AM for one in Sunnyvale), but the wifi is always present and a quad shot espresso helps late night work.

Reading the cartoon, one could almost imply carrying concealed within Starbucks is okay.

putput
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
But Ghandi said: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

So are we winning or losing? I'm so confused!

Saul Alinsky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky), in Rules for Radicals (http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Radicals-Saul-Alinsky/dp/0679721134), talking about tactics:

Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

I still think the cartoon is hilarious, even though it's a play right out of his playbook.

maddoggie13
02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
time for my post lunch coffee at starbucks...glock g26 check, 2 mag of winchester silvertip check and five dollars check.

GVOllie
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
So can loopy left-wing gun nuts who had ancestors at the original tea party still go to Starbucks, or do we have to hang out at Jamba Juice?

BakerPD
02-11-2010, 2:47 PM
Are you being sarcastic? Honestly, I'm not sure how to read this... I would have to disagree with that view though because every single "side" and political figure gets a charicature done at some point, it's inevitable and doesn't equal instant doom, it just means that somebody who disagrees has taken notice and is mocking what they are depicting. I think that maybe those who are pro UOC need to start thinking past the principle and should look at if what they are doing is in fact helping or hurting the movement. I DO agree that it is legal, and that it is our Right to keep and bear arms, but you have to be wise how you go about exercising your Right(s). If you live in a hostile environment, you may need to regroup and find a new way to approach an issue... as unfortunate as that is.

He should have used the sarcastic font

Sionadi
02-11-2010, 3:24 PM
I UOCed at starbucks today after reading this....... I didnt get a 8 for 1 deal....

Dark Paladin
02-11-2010, 3:26 PM
I UOCed at starbucks today after reading this....... I didnt get a 8 for 1 deal....

Were you OCing an RPG? That may be the requirement. . .

grammaton76
02-11-2010, 3:43 PM
The cartoon is offensive in that it links rightwingers, tea party types, and UOCers as the same. However, the part about "service improving" is funny.

Re-read the image:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2liaio5.jpg

The OC'ing customer is putting down tea parties and the right wing (as in, he's OC'ing and not affiliated with such movements) - he just likes coffee and guns.

However, it's clear the woman on the left has just asked him if he were...

N6ATF
02-11-2010, 3:53 PM
He should have used the sarcastic font

Haha, what?

Mulay El Raisuli
02-11-2010, 3:54 PM

And put it in a dirty glass!

The Raisuli

Mulay El Raisuli
02-11-2010, 4:00 PM
But Ghandi said: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

So are we winning or losing? I'm so confused!

We're winning. Oddly, this proves it. Before they were ignoring us. (1) Now they're laughing at us. (2) Soon they'll start fighting us. (3) And then we'll win. (4)

Its time to start up the UOC events again. Not doing so has accomplished exactly doodly squat. They still happened, just with people not as articulate (and pretty) as us.

The Raisuli

demnogis
02-11-2010, 6:25 PM
I feel so belittled... Where the hell is MY rocket launcher?!

And Raisuli... I'm not nearly as man-pretty as most, can I still OC?
We're winning. Oddly, this proves it. Before they were ignoring us. (1) Now they're laughing at us. (2) Soon they'll start fighting us. (3) And then we'll win. (4)

Its time to start up the UOC events again. Not doing so has accomplished exactly doodly squat. They still happened, just with people not as articulate (and pretty) as us.

The Raisuli

Mulay El Raisuli
02-12-2010, 5:15 AM
I feel so belittled... Where the hell is MY rocket launcher?!

And Raisuli... I'm not nearly as man-pretty as most, can I still OC?

Absolutely! The more, the merrier.

The Raisuli

Bugei
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
And put it in a dirty glass!

The Raisuli

Gimme a glass of cold, lumpy gravy with a hair in it.