View Full Version : Very odd Google Voice problem

Bug Splat
02-10-2010, 3:59 PM
My GV number is forwarded to my Verizon work cell. I can answer and place calls from my work phone as if it was its own phone. Both numbers are forwarded to my phone. So yesterday I received a google voicemail from a co-worker. I could not remember giving them my GV number so I brushed it off. Today I got voicemail from my boss and again it was in my GV mailbox. So from a land line I placed a few calls to my cell work verizon number and sure enough if I let my cell ring instead of going to my Verizon work voicemail its going to my google voicemail. WTF? I really don't want my work stuff mixing with my personal stuff.

Is anyone else having this problem?

02-10-2010, 4:39 PM
Sounds like you somehow activated the GV voicemail for your cell number. Try these steps to de-activate it. Use your cell phone:

1. Find your deactivation code in the table below.
2. Enter the first code exactly as written, as if you're dialing someone.
3. Press "Send" on your phone to dial that number.
4. If multiple codes are given, repeat steps 2 & 3 for each code

Wireless Carrier or Network ---> Deactivation Code

AT&T Cingular, T-Mobile, GSM network: ##004#

Verizon (CDMA network): *73 AND *900 AND *920

Verizon (TDMA Network): *740 AND *730

Bluegrass Cellular: *900 AND *920

Cellcom: *680

Cincinnati Bell: ##004#

US Cellular: *740

Bug Splat
02-10-2010, 6:10 PM
YOU ARE THE MAN! Its working correctly now. What do those numbers do (Verizon (CDMA network): *73 AND *900 AND *920) and why did I need to do that in the first place. I didn't even know it was possible to forward my Verizon box to my Google Voice box.

02-10-2010, 6:57 PM
I don't know how it happened for you, but somehow your phone service was set to kick over to the GV voicemail. Usually it requires the user to purposely activate that feature. Anyways, glad I could help.

02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Same kind of thing happened to my GV, but it went back to normal a day later. Mine was a bit strange though. I was getting calls on my mobile phone and then the voicemail went to my GV voicemail.