PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE---> Daves Gun and Archery San Bernardino

BigBoyPinoy
02-10-2010, 12:00 AM
I wanted to let the members know about a bad experience I had at a San Bernardino Gun Range/FFL. I did a PPT/Trade with another person at this particular place due to Turner's SB lack of interest in doing the PPT per other party.

I traded for a NIB SW686 that when I first inspected looked NIB, but after 10 day wait I went back to pick up and it didn't look the same. The revolver looked as if it had been used/fired. So much so that I had to verify the SN to make sure it was the actual firearm. I asked the counter person does this gun look unfired to you? His reply, "No it looks like it's been fired, but not by much." I though to myself that it was probably just me and just didn't notice the first time.

When I got home I realized that they probably did use it since it was not locked and it was a gun range that the PPT was done at. Plus the previous pics I got didn't look the way I received the revolver. The other person also emailed regarding the rude service they had over there. I don't know if it's just one person or everyone involved with this place. The first time seemed OK but when I picked it up the guy who helped me seemed in a rush and bothered that he was doing the paper work. Plus he was even rude to a couple that arrived right after me.

I have already sent an email to the contact info for their store but have yet to receive any response. Is there any further action that I can take or report what happened? Here is the info on the FFL. DO NOT DO BUSINESS AT THIS LOCATION!

Daves Gun and Archery
766 S. Lugo Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92408
United States
ph: (909)884-5584
fax: (909)884-0904
mri@davesmagnumrange.com

squirrel_master
02-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Plus he was even rude to a couple that arrived right after me.

How long ago was this? Me and my wife were probably that couple haha. The few times I've been there they've been pretty rude.

guntntteacher
02-10-2010, 8:58 PM
The new owners are horrible. in 92 when I purchased my complete lower from them it was a great transaction. I used to go shooting there with friends in the SB PD. I stopped goign to their range a couple years ago because they were just rude and unprofessional.

freonr22
02-10-2010, 9:19 PM
Tell us how you really feel Marcelo.

eta: I hate when people get bent over by jerks, taken advantage of

xbimmers
02-10-2010, 9:32 PM
I will make a note of this and never go there!

10ga-killa
02-10-2010, 9:33 PM
Dave's place is awesome.

freonr22
02-10-2010, 9:49 PM
also i emailed them this thread. I have done so several times in the past when different vendors pull crip like this. imho it is to let them know in the information age, good news travels, bad news travels faster. I also indicated that 210 people had alread viewed this thread. GET THE HINT???

veterosa
02-10-2010, 10:11 PM
thanks for the heads up.

BigBoyPinoy
02-10-2010, 10:44 PM
also i emailed them this thread. I have done so several times in the past when different vendors pull crip like this. imho it is to let them know in the information age, good news travels, bad news travels faster. I also indicated that 210 people had alread viewed this thread. GET THE HINT???

Thanks freonr22, I informed them in my email that I will post my experience with their shop in all the forums I belong to. Just an update, not one email or call about my complaint regarding their shop to follow up or apologize. I guess from all the negative feedback not too many members had a good experience from this place. I will never do business with these people again.

Dave's place is awesome.

Really...I don't think so.

freonr22
02-10-2010, 10:51 PM
ok i cant resist...

10ga-killa, with something this umm hot, i guess by more that one person, Repesctfully with 6 posts it would almost seem a troll/shill. I sincerely mean you no disrespect. I saw youhave been here for at least 4 months. but for you to say they are awesome, it seems to be a poor battle to pick. again, nothing USUALLY to do with low post count. but ....

BigBoyPinoy
02-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I will make a note of this and never go there!

As of this post 335 views... hear that Dave's.... a possible 335 customers and counting your shop has lost business to because of your unethical business practices and poor customer service.

Futurecollector
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I went to dave's a few times with some friends from ROTC, they where being jerks to use because of our age, its a long story but they started yelling at us because we where putting 2 shots in the chest and one in the head at there shooting range, IDK ill never ever go there again!

bballwizard05
02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
This is really weird. I was just there two weekends ago with my dad... and had a really good experience. I even posted a thread about how much I liked it. The guy behind the counter was not rude, he wans't overly friendly either but in no way did it seem negative when talking to him. The owner (irish, scottish, something close?) seemed knowleadgable. So its a bummer to hear all this, they will probably get my business again until I'm treated the same way you guys have been. Funny thing is I even mentioned calguns to the owner, he is older (no offense to you older techy guys!!!) so I doubted he had been on here much or at all. Anyways I'll keep this stuff in mind when I go there again, and be ever aware of how I'm treated and any possible FUD they could be throwing out. Its so close to me too! Just when I thought I found a plum... its a potential lemon. GRR

gandalfdagrey
02-11-2010, 7:08 AM
I've been to Dave's quite a few times over the past few years and my experiences have been varied. I did notice a major change about 2 years back when they changed owners.
I've purchased weapons from them with no problems, although they wouldn't let me PPT a OLL. Ric, started spouting about how the stripped receiver was technically an assault weapon and that we would never be able to transfer it because neither of us 'looked like cops'. That last was my favorite part of the conversation.
I'd say stay away, but unfortunately we are fairly limited on where we can shoot.

Lyte-
02-11-2010, 7:50 AM
Wait let me get this straight. While your gun was in 10 day jail someone at the range decided to help their selves to it and shoot it with out your permission???

On top of that they didn't even attempt to clean it and made it pretty obvious that it was used? I wonder if they rented it out during that period…

jchen76@gmail.com
02-11-2010, 8:07 AM
If I PPT a semi-auto pistol or rifle, I either take the magazines with me or advise the other party to do so, just to prevent 'free rentals'. With a revolver, it is next to impossible. Sorry to hear about your experience.

FLIGHT762
02-11-2010, 8:44 AM
For PPT's at a local gun shop for handguns, the dealer has the buyer bring a lockable pistol case. They put the pistol in a case, lock it and the buyer takes the key with him until he returns 10 days later just to avoid what happened to the O/P.

Not a bad idea.

res2580
02-11-2010, 8:57 AM
it's on my "NO LIST" now.

FLIGHT762
02-11-2010, 9:00 AM
Delete. Double post

Bobbar
02-11-2010, 9:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up!!! I won't go there.

jones performance
02-11-2010, 9:23 AM
thanks for the heads up. in these times where people are very careful with spending money you would think a buisness would do more to keep their customers. giving your customers a good deal is one thing, but if you treat em like crap they wont stick around.

Batbunny
02-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I've been to Dave's a few time, I bought a handgun there once just because the deal was too good to pass up. But on other occasions when I popped in I asked them if the consignment guns they get were functional and the guy behind the counter (not the owner) said yea we always shoots the guns that come in for fun. So I wouldn't be surprised if any ppt gun that goes in gets used a bit.

MarineJoe
02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
i'll keep this on my list of where NOT to go!! thanks for the heads up!

yzernie
02-11-2010, 3:16 PM
Is this the place that used to be Magnum Gun Range?

ke6guj
02-11-2010, 4:23 PM
yup, magnum gun range > Dave's gun and archery, renamed after one of the employees was murdered during a robbery, IIRC.

Ronk
02-11-2010, 5:27 PM
Been there twice couple years apart, both times were horrible, very unfriendly, questions got the "are you kidding me" look, very rude, definately not a customer service kinda place, I am all about customer service so I will go elsewhere, as for the original poster, that sucks, makes me think I should take a lock from now on. I will never go there again period.

BigBoyPinoy
02-11-2010, 6:41 PM
I've been to Dave's a few time, I bought a handgun there once just because the deal was too good to pass up. But on other occasions when I popped in I asked them if the consignment guns they get were functional and the guy behind the counter (not the owner) said yea we always shoots the guns that come in for fun. So I wouldn't be surprised if any ppt gun that goes in gets used a bit.

Wow, if I only knew...

yup, magnum gun range > Dave's gun and archery, renamed after one of the employees was murdered during a robbery, IIRC.

One in the same...wow dangerous place as well.

BigBoyPinoy
02-11-2010, 6:47 PM
If I PPT a semi-auto pistol or rifle, I either take the magazines with me or advise the other party to do so, just to prevent 'free rentals'. With a revolver, it is next to impossible. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Yeah live and learn. They probably did rent it out. I could have put a gun lock through frame and cylinder but who would have thought they would actually do that?

For PPT's at a local gun shop for handguns, the dealer has the buyer bring a lockable pistol case. They put the pistol in a case, lock it and the buyer takes the key with him until he returns 10 days later just to avoid what happened to the O/P.

Not a bad idea.

Will do so from now on especially at gun range deals

hawk81
02-11-2010, 7:00 PM
I went there a year ago and bought some powder. They made me sign some B.S log book for it. What is up with that?

Cokebottle
02-11-2010, 7:45 PM
I bought my XD9 from them, and have been in there a number of times since, including recently.
The guy at the counter commented about the owner referring to CWS as "selling illegal guns" and he agreed that it was BS.... the employee actually calling FUD on the owner (this was after I asked about stripped lowers and Lancasters)

He suggested that my wife and I go to a gun show and get her hands on as many guns as possible before deciding which one to buy for her. When I bought my XD, I indicated an interest in a 1911 format, but that I wanted something in a 4" compact. I was told that in a compact, I was really better off with the XD or a Glock, because the 1911 was designed around the 5" barrel and they don't perform as well with the 4".

Other than the neighborhood, I've never had a reason to avoid the shop.
When I bought the XD, they allowed "conjugal visits" while it was in jail, but when I picked it up it was in the same condition as when I had last held it... it had not been fired other than my visits.

ke6guj
02-11-2010, 7:51 PM
I bought my XD9 from them, and have been in there a number of times since, including recently.
The guy at the counter commented about the owner referring to CWS as "selling illegal guns" and he agreed that it was BS.... the employee actually calling FUD on the owner (this was after I asked about stripped lowers and Lancasters)

I've heard the owner talk so much FUD about how the BATF was gonna be arresting a buch of people soon for violating the CA AW laws, because the BB violated the spirit of the law. He also talked about a person that recently got ****ed over for having a Remington 870 that was less than 30" long:confused:

Cokebottle
02-11-2010, 8:32 PM
I've heard the owner talk so much FUD about how the BATF was gonna be arresting a buch of people soon for violating the CA AW laws, because the BB violated the spirit of the law. He also talked about a person that recently got ****ed over for having a Remington 870 that was less than 30" long:confused:
Ya... it indeed sounds like the owner is a real tool, but the employees that I've chatted with have been helpful, friendly, and pretty much FUD-free... even willing to spend time with me (30-45 minutes) when I let them know up front that I was not ready to buy and was only researching for a future purchase.

But none of that excuses what happened to BigBoy.

imtnt10
02-11-2010, 8:55 PM
I'll been there a couple of times as well and they acted like is was painful for them to even have to speak to me. They won't get any of my business for sure after reading this.

Also, every time I buy a handgun, or shotgun via PPT I put a lock on it and take the keys prior to giving it to the FFL for the jail time.

Antihero47
02-11-2010, 9:36 PM
I've been there twice. The old guy seemed like he did not want anyone to be there and was pretty much grumbling his way the whole time.

My girlfriend and roomate went there to fire my new 92fs and he did not give us any instruction besides have us sign a paper. We walked into the range and fired a few magazines. a mother and daughter walk in and one actually pointed the gun at my face unsure what to do after shooting a round.

I figured someone would come in. Nope.

Second time was a PPT with a Calgunner. We went to turners San Bernardino however they gave us a BS 'its going to take us an hour and a half to PPT you' at 10am when they first opened. We went to Daves and the guy pretty much grumbled and complained how he should not even waste his time doing a PPT for us, he makes nothing 'blah blah blah'

AdiosKali
02-12-2010, 6:30 AM
I'll take my duckets somewhere else. Can't treat customers like crap because you have an object inserted (fill in the blank):chris:

BigBoyPinoy
02-13-2010, 10:07 AM
FYI

vicb
02-13-2010, 4:01 PM
Thx for the heads up... I will stick to Turners!

donsnnk
02-13-2010, 4:18 PM
sounds like a bad place
i'll stay away from it
thanks for the info

Ronk
02-14-2010, 1:06 AM
Keep the word going out there.

fabguy
02-14-2010, 6:57 AM
WOW, sounds like that place is filled with a bunch of TOOLS!!.... glad I read this post 1st. Was thinking of checking them out this week, Guess I will cruise by CWS or Bass Pro instead. Thx again.

dakobster81
02-14-2010, 10:47 AM
good to know, steering clear

10ga-killa
02-14-2010, 10:14 PM
ok i cant resist...

10ga-killa, with something this umm hot, i guess by more that one person, Repesctfully with 6 posts it would almost seem a troll/shill. I sincerely mean you no disrespect. I saw youhave been here for at least 4 months. but for you to say they are awesome, it seems to be a poor battle to pick. again, nothing USUALLY to do with low post count. but ....

What what?:rolleyes:

Like I said Dave's place is great. Have you ever been there to form your own honest opinion? To each their own. I have been there plenty of times and have never had a problem there. As a matter of fact I stoped in today to see what all the hoopla was about, and people were waiting to get into the range to do some shooting. I'm even going to go back in a couple of days to pick up some black powder items at a nice price.

BigBoyPinoy
02-14-2010, 10:59 PM
What what?:rolleyes:

Like I said Dave's place is great. Have you ever been there to form your own honest opinion? To each their own. I have been there plenty of times and have never had a problem there. As a matter of fact I stoped in today to see what all the hoopla was about, and people were waiting to get into the range to do some shooting. I'm even going to go back in a couple of days to pick up some black powder items at a nice price.

Please elaborate how this place is great with all the negative reviews already posted. You want people to try it out once just to see if they get bad service? If I knew the kind of poor service they offered and had other options I would have taken my business elsewhere. I know it's difficult to find an indoor range out there in SB that's probably why most people go there to shoot. But if I had other business to complete I would take it somewhere else. Since you are such a loyal patron, you should tell them that members of this board have gotten bad service and posted negative ratings regarding their shop. Let's see what they do in order for them to improve customer satisfaction. Let us know what they say. :rolleyes: I have yet to hear multiple substantial positive feedback regarding this ffl only negative from other members.

Cokebottle
02-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I have yet to hear substantial positive feedback regarding this ffl only negative.
Refer back to the first page.....

He suggested that my wife and I go to a gun show and get her hands on as many guns as possible before deciding which one to buy for her. When I bought my XD, I indicated an interest in a 1911 format, but that I wanted something in a 4" compact. I was told that in a compact, I was really better off with the XD or a Glock, because the 1911 was designed around the 5" barrel and they don't perform as well with the 4".

Other than the neighborhood, I've never had a reason to avoid the shop.
When I bought the XD, they allowed "conjugal visits" while it was in jail, but when I picked it up it was in the same condition as when I had last held it... it had not been fired other than my visits.
As I said in a followup, that doesn't excuse what happened to your new gun, but from personal experience, I have no reason to avoid them.

Khram
02-17-2010, 5:36 PM
I have a feeling most of the people posting in this thread have never been to Daves and never had any intention of doing so anyhow. If they actually are firing guns customers bring in for ppt's that is unexcusable however as mentioned that place does not seem lacking for business.

I have personally witnessed people waiting for an open spot on the range there so I guess they are doing something right. You would figure with outdoor range options such as Lytle creek being close that it would hurt business but it doesn't.

kel-tec-innovations
02-17-2010, 5:58 PM
*NOT being racial just a way to identify whose who in the shop.
I would have to agree with majority of the people on the thread how bad the service is. I live close to the Range and used to go there quite a bit, my experience varied depending whose behind the counter, the hispanic guy with his hair combed back behind the counter seems pretty cool and friendly but the supervisor a white guy was always grumpy and rude (the grumpy person that everyone was mentioning about on the thread) and i got curious one day and asked the hispanic guy if he liked his job, and he laughs and starts talking about how pain in the butt that white old man is and how horrible it is to work there, but he continues to work there to pay his bills and have no where else to work.

I assume that the people who are giving positive feedback to the range have not been dealing with the grumpy rude guy and just been lucky to run into the nicer friendlier employee.

If I bring my guns the grumpy guy always checks my guns and digs through all my ammo and gives me a bad look as if i'm a criminal and gives me crap about my targets and that I can't use them etc.

If i'm renting guns and buying his ammo's he tries not to be rude.

In general I dislike that place and their customer service is bad from that grumpy rude guy. I only go when I don't feel like driving far as their range is a few blocks from where I live.

I never done PPT there because of their bad service, but About the shop renting a calgunners PPT pistol out to other customers its not even bullsh*t its horsesh*t.

Curious if its against the law to use a cusomters PPT pistol? what if the gun store owner took your PPT pistol out and killed someone and put it back in the case for you to pick up and get all your fingerprints all over and frame you? hmmmmm

tmncali
02-17-2010, 6:17 PM
I have been to Dave's to shoot at a NRA members council fun night. I didn't get to experience the negative interaction that has been presented here. Everyone was either on the range shooting, or in the store talking with the owner/employees? I thought target prices were fair, soda machine and air suppy were cold. It looked like there was a lot of rental guns available, heavy in Glocks it seemed. So, as far as my opinion goes...... I did not have a bad experience, and look forward to going there to shoot again.

Cokebottle
02-17-2010, 8:41 PM
the hispanic guy with his hair combed back behind the counter seems pretty cool and friendly but the supervisor a white guy was always grumpy and rude (the grumpy person that everyone was mentioning about on the thread) and i got curious one day and asked the hispanic guy if he liked his job, and he laughs and starts talking about how pain in the butt that white old man is and how horrible it is to work there, but he continues to work there to pay his bills and have no where else to work.
Bingo.

That's the guy I usually deal with. Super guy, very low on FUD, and very helpful.
The fact that he hates his boss helps with his honesty... he's not afraid to tell you to go to a gun show, try 20 different guns, and if he doesn't have the one that works for you, buy it somewhere else.

bballwizard05
02-17-2010, 8:52 PM
I had at least a 5 minute conversation with that older guy. I was asking the nice guy at the desk if they had any sigma's, cuz my dad and I are both interested and I wanted to shoot one. All the sudden a voice comes out of that office and says "we only carry real guns!" then he came out and explained why the sigma was made and how for 150$ more you could get a real gun. He said because of his "past life" many LEO's and swat guys respect his opinion. I wasn't going to question him in his own shop... he praised the Ruger (9mm) for a handgun in my price range, and I shot it and liked it. To bad he was grumpy to others, he seemed pretty cool with me and my dad. And plus one for the hispanic guy behind the counter being nice and knowledgable, he took one glance at my target and gave me a few quick tips that worked... I'll keep going until someone pisses me off, its reasonable prices and close. Hard to beat.

BigBoyPinoy
02-17-2010, 9:13 PM
Unfortunately I got the "Grumpy" guy who helped me the second time. Still doesn't excuse them from shooting my firearm. Got to remember to lock up PPT when on 10day wait. Some FFLs don't seem have the same type of concern for PPT firearms since they're not selling it to you and I don't think they're liable for any damage that happens to it while in their possession.

Cokebottle
02-17-2010, 9:26 PM
I don't think they're liable for any damage that happens to it while in their possession.
I'm pretty sure they are liable, even for a PPT.

BTW: Would you mind dropping the bold and maybe going to a smaller font? It's a little hard on the eyes.

abusalim81
02-17-2010, 9:38 PM
Don't drop the bold cuz it's easier to read bigger letters... It's not worth loosing your good sight on tiny letters!

freonr22
02-17-2010, 11:10 PM
do you mean like this? no bold, and smaller? i did not see the font color white listed as an option or i would have tried it. :grouphug:

Draankol
02-18-2010, 1:18 PM
Well, I certainly will not do business there. But, as I have a pending trade deal in the IE, anyone know of a good place that is not populated by ignorant a-holes?

BigBoyPinoy
02-18-2010, 1:23 PM
Well, I certainly will not do business there. But, as I have a pending trade deal in the IE, anyone know of a good place that is not populated by ignorant a-holes?

Well I think there is Turner's-San Bernardino, Magnum Range-Rancho Cucamonga, Ammo Bros-Ontario, there's another gentleman that I did a transfer from out of state, I'm not sure if he does PPT but you may want to call him and he's affordable, run's it out of his trucking office in Fontana. Forgot his info but you can find him in the CA FFL thread as well as other FFLs that may do PPTs.

BTW: Would you mind dropping the bold and maybe going to a smaller font? It's a little hard on the eyes.

I thought it would be easier for members to read if I enlarged the font to (4) and BOLD was not used. ;)

It's hard to please everybody all of the time.

Cokebottle
02-18-2010, 6:48 PM
do you mean like this? no bold, and smaller? i did not see the font color white listed as an option or i would have tried it. :grouphug:
Much better :p

Cokebottle
02-18-2010, 6:50 PM
Bright Spot Pawn?
No range on-site, so they can't use it as a rental for 10 days.

Cold War Shooters
Ammo Bros

As much of a PITA as they can be, Turners Berdoo/Chino Hills

Antihero47
02-18-2010, 7:15 PM
I had no luck going to Berdoo's Turners, they actually shined me and the guy that was buying my rifle off and told us that they were going to be too busy to do the PPT. The guy told us we can wait but they had just got their truck in and had people at the counter. Quoted me an hour and a half and said they still might not get around to it. He told us to go to Daves.

Chino Hills did the same. I think the turners around here like to tell you to go elsewhere for PPT.

I've never had a problem at Bright Spot!

ROTC sniper
02-18-2010, 7:42 PM
I'm the one that did the deal with Antihero47. Just like he said. At Turners in San bernadino they completely brushed us off. And I was right there waiting in line as soon as they opened but it didn't matter. Didn't matter that I bought a sh*tload of stuff at Turners in Redondo Beach and Reseda. When I'm at those stores they treat me well. The guy at Daves acted like we were bothering him and that we should be thanking him for taking his time. Thank God Antihero47 said to take my bolt home with me while I wait for my new toy to come home (although) I guess it would matter if they had the same type of remy there and pulled the bolt from their rifle. Oh well. Keep my fingers crossed.

imtnt10
02-18-2010, 7:48 PM
I'm the one that did the deal with Antihero47. Just like he said. At Turners in San bernadino they completely brushed us off. And I was right there waiting in line as soon as they opened but it didn't matter. Didn't matter that I bought a sh*tload of stuff at Turners in Redondo Beach and Reseda. When I'm at those stores they treat me well. The guy at Daves acted like we were bothering him and that we should be thanking him for taking his time. Thank God Antihero47 said to take my bolt home with me while I wait for my new toy to come home (although) I guess it would matter if they had the same type of remy there and pulled the bolt from their rifle. Oh well. Keep my fingers crossed.

Like I posted earlier.....always take a lock with you. Lock up your purchase and take the keys with you.

Frijolito1988
02-18-2010, 8:00 PM
You guys have to understand, there are two type of FFL's. EBR type and classic old timer FFL's. In one you go to buy the latest and greatest mall ninja apperal and EBR's , in the other, you go for old consigments , classic type guns and usually, you cant teach an old dog new tricks. No use in triying to be all high and mighty going to an FFL and triying to convice them certain things are legal. They pay the bills , they can run it how they want it, wether smart or not it is their choice, their money.

Cokebottle
02-18-2010, 8:20 PM
You guys have to understand, there are two type of FFL's. EBR type and classic old timer FFL's. In one you go to buy the latest and greatest mall ninja apperal and EBR's , in the other, you go for old consigments , classic type guns and usually, you cant teach an old dog new tricks. No use in triying to be all high and mighty going to an FFL and triying to convice them certain things are legal. They pay the bills , they can run it how they want it, wether smart or not it is their choice, their money.
Ya, but that's not what this thread is about.

It's about a gun having been fired (not by the purchaser) during the 10-day waiting period after a PPT.

10ga-killa
02-19-2010, 2:45 PM
This thread is gaining epic status.:thumbsup:

BigBoyPinoy
02-19-2010, 3:46 PM
This thread is gaining epic status.:thumbsup:

Did you ever get a chance to talk to them about this thread and the numerous complaints about their shop? Please let us know.

kel-tec-innovations
02-19-2010, 7:07 PM
Bright Spot Pawn?
No range on-site, so they can't use it as a rental for 10 days.

Cold War Shooters
Ammo Bros

As much of a PITA as they can be, Turners Berdoo/Chino Hills

I always go to Bright Spot for PPT, they are always friendly and welcoming even though i go there alot for PPT and spend a considerable amount of time there.

Its a lesson learned, it is smart to lock up your firearm when leaving it with your FFL

Wild Squid
02-19-2010, 9:24 PM
I saw the exact same thing happen at Target Masters Milpitas too. I was shooting late one night and was the only person in the range near the shotguns are held, and one of the employees comes in with a pistol and starts shooting it. Another employee comes in a few min later and tells him that's a PPT pistol. Shooter says "So what". And not only does he continue shooting it he's also rapid tapping the hell out of it. I didn't say anything about it, cause, well, what good is it gonna do right? I think this kind of crap prolly happens at a lot of places.

norcal77
02-19-2010, 11:50 PM
I would be so pissed if I found my gun in the condition you did...sucks to hear that man.

Daves sounds like Gun's N Stuff in Vacaville, a place I'll never go back to.

MannyPacquiao01
02-20-2010, 1:12 AM
I have already sent an email to the contact info for their store but have yet to receive any response. Is there any further action that I can take or report what happened? Here is the info on the FFL. DO NOT DO BUSINESS AT THIS LOCATION!

Daves Gun and Archery
766 S. Lugo Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92408
United States
ph: (909)884-5584
fax: (909)884-0904
mri@davesmagnumrange.com

I don't know the guys name. But there is a guy there that wears glasses... He's really rude. There seriously is something weird and suspicious about him.

CalNRA
02-20-2010, 2:15 AM
I sent this thread to some people I know in Southern Cal.

I saw the exact same thing happen at Target Masters Milpitas too. I was shooting late one night and was the only person in the range near the shotguns are held, and one of the employees comes in with a pistol and starts shooting it. Another employee comes in a few min later and tells him that's a PPT pistol. Shooter says "So what". And not only does he continue shooting it he's also rapid tapping the hell out of it. I didn't say anything about it, cause, well, what good is it gonna do right? I think this kind of crap prolly happens at a lot of places.

really?

Wow

SWEETDUDE
02-20-2010, 2:44 AM
Because of this post, I'll remember to lock up all future PPT firearm I purchase. Thanks OP, I'll take my business elsewhere - I hate places that has horrible customer service.

Bigballaizm
02-20-2010, 5:23 AM
I would NEVER think a store owner would use a gun while on wait period!! That is absolutely unacceptable... Thanx for the heads up BBP & sorry it came at your expense. I will definitely remember to lock up any arms I have on the 10 day wait from now on!!

fabguy
02-20-2010, 5:29 AM
I don't know the guys name. But there is a guy there that wears glasses... He's really rude. There seriously is something weird and suspicious about him.

Be carefull, he might put you in a deep pit and have you screaming " It puts the lotion on it's skin" as he is dressed in a star wars stormtrooper suit. ( I'm just saying) :o

krushem2000
02-20-2010, 6:29 AM
Be carefull, he might put you in a deep pit and have you screaming " It puts the lotion on it's skin" as he is dressed in a star wars stormtrooper suit. ( I'm just saying) :o

Who cares.. Its about getting the word out on FFL dealers who makes others lives miserable while doing ppt or dros on anything we buy. Last thing we need is a BIG HEADACHE when you find out someone fired your handgun/rifle when you bought it from someone else in unfired conditions or dealing with some uptight ffl dealer who doesnt really have customer skills and shouldnt be in business anyway... :thumbsup:

foxtrotuniformlima
02-20-2010, 7:12 AM
Sounds like a bad day. Sorry to hear about it.

Very easy actually. Take the BS cable lock that is provided and lock it through the cylinder. Take the keys with you.

BigBoyPinoy
02-20-2010, 9:52 AM
I would NEVER think a store owner would use a gun while on wait period!! That is absolutely unacceptable... Thanx for the heads up BBP & sorry it came at your expense. I will definitely remember to lock up any arms I have on the 10 day wait from now on!!

Who cares.. Its about getting the word out on FFL dealers who makes others lives miserable while doing ppt or dros on anything we buy. Last thing we need is a BIG HEADACHE when you find out someone fired your handgun/rifle when you bought it from someone else in unfired conditions or dealing with some uptight ffl dealer who doesnt really have customer skills and shouldnt be in business anyway... :thumbsup:

Sounds like a bad day. Sorry to hear about it.

Very easy actually. Take the BS cable lock that is provided and lock it through the cylinder. Take the keys with you.

At least this thread has informed people about locking up their PPTs while during 10day wait at their FFLs. So even if this shop never got back to me to compensate me I got the word out. Also lesson learned that you really can't trust them to take care of your purchase or transfer. Bringing my own gun cases with personal locks from now on. Don't need anymore used or damaged firearms coming to me after wait!

Compuham
02-21-2010, 12:13 AM
+1 on BBP; a good guy and good CGer. I won't go to the place on his say so. Thanks.

Bigballaizm
02-21-2010, 7:31 AM
At least this thread has informed people about locking up their PPTs while during 10day wait at their FFLs. So even if this shop never got back to me to compensate me I got the word out. Also lesson learned that you really can't trust them to take care of your purchase or transfer. Bringing my own gun cases with personal locks from now on. Don't need anymore used or damaged firearms coming to me after wait!
Exactly!! ;)

greenpea76
02-21-2010, 7:46 AM
I've been following this thread BPB. Thanks for sharing. I won't even bother when I'm out in that direction with my buddies looking for range time anymore.
That's just utterly disrespectful and unacceptable business practice. Thanks for the warning.

LibertySympathizer
02-22-2010, 8:50 AM
Bummer to hear.

I just found out about that range, and was going to check it out since it is a lot closer to where I've been going.

Guess I'll have to continue to drive a bit further.

albay95
02-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

affiliated714
02-22-2010, 12:56 PM
count me out...

ROTC sniper
02-23-2010, 7:55 PM
okay...so here's the deal...I PPT'd a rifle with Antihero 11 days ago and picked up my rifle on Monday. Before making judgement about this place or if you have already, read this whole thing.

The reason why we went to Dave's in the first place was because the gentleman at Turners put us at the back of the line to do our PPT even though I was there waiting from the beginning when the store opened. (Now just because that person at Turners did that doesn't mean I'm going to stop going to Turners altogether, I buy a bunch from the guys in Reseda and Redondo Beach cause they all know me there and take care of me).

Needless to say, I was irritated when we got to Dave's right off the bat but also irritated at the person (won't name who) who was doing our paperwork when we dropped off the rifle to the the PPT because "he gave us attitude". This was my first time doing a PPT so I didn't know to bring a case or a lock. I did take my bolt with me though at the suggestion of Antihero.

Anyways, when I picked it up on Monday it was in a case. I was like wow, okay, that's cool I didn't drop it off in a case but they put it in one to protect it and may even give me a free case, but when we opened it up, there was rust all over the barrel. I was pretty shocked and so was Mike (younger, black hair, nice guy). He apologized profusely and immediately showed the rifle to the CEO, Richard (older guy, kinda scraggly (is that a word?). Richard started to ask if it was my case, I told him no and he said that was the first time he'd ever seen anything like that come out of his vault. He then went on to say that the building was an old pharmaceutical (sp?) building and that the vault was humidity controlled and that that should not have happened.

He did say it was one of either two things, the previous owner didn't clean his rifles well (I doubt because the bolt that I kept didn't have any rust on it) or the case had moisture in it. He also apologized and told Mike to clean up the rifle. Richard pulled the rifle apart and Mike started scrubbing it down. Must have worked on the rifle for at least an hour and cleaned everything up, including the stock and oiled everything as well.

I was impressed. For one, I didn't have a case and they put the rifle in a case for me, even though that might have been the culprit. Two, they SINCERELY apologized and cleaned everything for me. They didn't have to do either but they did.

I also spoke to the silent partners that stopped by and they were apologetic as well and gave me tips on how to make sure that didn't happen when I stored it at home (what solutions to use, etc). They didn't have to do that, they could have said tough sh*t and blamed it on the seller but they didn't.

I also saw Mike check someone in when he was cleaning my rifle. They were definite newbies and he walked them through the process and was nice about it as well.

I then began to think about my own business and work and how a few bad apples can ruin the whole bunch. If people judged how I run my business based on one bad experience, I'd would have lost a bunch of money. There are bad people everywhere and unfortunately, sometimes we all get to experience them one time or another. Think about times when we all made bad decisions. I know I made a bunch of them, but I wouldn't want anyone to judge me just on those specific incidences.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is what BBP said a couple of posts ago, at least people that read this are now informed and will lock up their weapons when doing a PPT. Bring your own case, your own lock and take the bolt with you. Temptation is a bad thing and when you can limit it and take that opportunity away from those bad seeds, it's better for all of us...and don't judge a whole institution on one single bad event. Everyone at one time or another f*cks up. If it was you, you'd want a second chance wouldn't you?

ROTC sniper
02-23-2010, 8:00 PM
Oh and about talking to them about this thread...I didn't want to at that specific time. I'll call them up and speak to them about it, didn't want to put salt on something that had a good vibe at the time.....I might have missed a good opportunity to provide instantaneous feedback but I'll make sure to follow up with them....

Like I always tell my friends...if I do something wrong or piss you off, tell me, otherwise I can't make it right.

cpt_majestic
06-26-2010, 11:50 AM
I just wrote a review on this place, this guy was a total dbag, very rude.I won't be going back

tuliakby
06-26-2010, 7:47 PM
There is 1 guy, short kinda fat black haired dude. Total jerk. The british owner guy and the other guy there are gtg (as of my last visit). Avoid the aforementioned a-clown and you should be cool. Oh, but they do the Bass Pro shops style 11 day wait so prepare for that at least.

Cokebottle
06-26-2010, 7:55 PM
There is 1 guy, short kinda fat black haired dude. Total jerk. The british owner guy and the other guy there are gtg (as of my last visit). Avoid the aforementioned a-clown and you should be cool. Oh, but they do the Bass Pro shops style 11 day wait so prepare for that at least.
Really? I only waited 240 hours on my XD in 2006.
Quite literally... I took the day off work to be there "on time".

kel-tec-innovations
06-26-2010, 8:10 PM
Not the first time I heard problems at Daves Gun and Archery San Bernardino there is another thread with TONS of complaint of that range. I'm suprise they are still in business

TURBOELKY
06-26-2010, 8:15 PM
I've never been there, but I hate it already. I'll make sure I NEVER go there, EVER. If somebody shot my gun while on 10 day hold, I would be SUPER pissed off!! Last PPT I did, the owner of the range put a piece of duct tape over the box, and market it. Kind of like a tamper tape..

qua77ro
06-26-2010, 9:23 PM
might not be a bad idea for PPT if you're not sure about the FFL to bring a long zip tie and lock the slide back through the mag well or the hammer or cylinder on a revolver.

winnre
06-27-2010, 9:38 AM
I have been to Dave's to shoot, but they were jerks about everything else.

pczealot
08-06-2010, 2:57 PM
I stopped by there recently to check them out. I don't know his name, but he was an older guy, maybe 5'9"-5'10", and he was rude and somewhat arrogant with many customers coming in to use the range.

I decided to do a Google search "dave's gun and archery complaints" just to see if was just me. I'll probably go back and give them a try, but I hope this isn't an ongoing thing. If so, then I guess I'll have to drive a little further to shoot, but I hope not.

salstorm1
08-06-2010, 9:44 PM
thanks for the heads up.

bongfoo
08-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I went there a year ago and bought some powder. They made me sign some B.S log book for it. What is up with that?

every time i've bought powder i've had to sign a log book. it's required. they take your information and put it in the book as well. i've never bought poweder online so all my purchases have been in a store FTF.

Baconator
08-06-2010, 11:22 PM
I have a post like this about this place. Went there to do a PPT because Turners was too busy. Was interested in picking up an AK .22 but the guy was much too busy being a ***** for me to be interested in spending the money. I can't recommend K&D over on Highland Ave enough. The guy there (Kevin) is cool to BS with, and even if I am just doing a transfer I buy something to support his store.

steve92407
08-07-2010, 9:33 AM
kevin can do it all.low labor rates and just great gunsmithing.

thomasanelson
08-07-2010, 9:53 AM
I will make a point of avoiding this place.

C_T
08-08-2010, 2:08 AM
I brought a friend of mine there who wanted to get into guns. while we were checking out the guns, the dude didn't even bother giving us 3 mins to check out what they have there. and replied "are you going to shoot today or not". And that wasn't the end of it. I rented out a glock and bought a box of 50 rounds. Once we got to the firing line I loaded up the gun and found out the slide refused to budge. Upon closer inspection I noticed the slide had a crack in it. I ended up returning the gun back and asked to see another gun and the guy refused to let me see another one without paying for it. He also refused to refund me for the busted up rented gun. I kept the ammo which was reloaded and way over powered. (refused to refund me that so I was left with no choice) Worst range experience ever. Also my friend now believes all ranges are the same.
I'll never go there again. The place over at Rancho was way better and much more friendlier. Not to mention much closer to where I live.

Its not as bad as Cold war shooters though. I bought a Sig p220R there. Brand new never been fired. Wasn't even on display. Paid full price. 1300.00. I was a little nervous at first seeing as they were a bunch of kids there playing the with merchandise. (bunch of teens looked about 18 years old maybe older or younger.) One of them had one of the handguns on display in there holster. when I was filling up the paper work the kid tried to bust a John wayne and dropped the pistol on the ground. I marked down the numbers on the pistol just in case. I also took pictures. Upon returning I not only find one of the kids playing with my gun but it also has been fired. and pretty banged up. I demanded for a refund. and they told me I bought it "as is" and that it was a used display pistol. and that the new guns retail for 1400. There prices are outrageous, have horrible service. I will never buy anything from them ever again. I highly advice not to go to ether of these places.

bigthaiboy
08-08-2010, 6:28 AM
When I got home I realized that they probably did use it since it was not locked and it was a gun range that the PPT was done at. Plus the previous pics I got didn't look the way I received the revolver. The other person also emailed regarding the rude service they had over there.

If you suspected an employee at the range had "probably" fired your gun while it was in their possession, why did you not take it back and confront the manager? The longer you've left it, the less of a case you have.

Secondly, what is this thread doing in the Marketplace? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=317836

1000 oaks
08-08-2010, 8:02 AM
I have been there once was treated like sh.. it took all my will to not
to pull him out from behind the counter and beat the crap out of that good for nohing POS.
Dont know how a place can stay in business with
rude a holes working there :83:

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE
08-22-2010, 6:15 AM
Customer service is huge to me, I don't need someone asking if I need help every 2 minutes, but I don't frown on it, a simple greeting and an appreciation for a customer/visitor who's about to spend their hard earned money (no matter how much) at there place of business should be rule #1. I'm glad you posted this thread and hopefully they'll realize how customers should be treated or risk the chance of losing them (all).

POWER TO THE PEOPLE:43:

molasses2k
08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm no lawyer, but if they fired a gun someone else brought without doing a ppt themselves that's an
ILLEGAL TRANSFER... that's a felony.

*Did you wipe any prints off it tho?*

FrankoUSA
08-22-2010, 11:43 AM
7,760 + 1 Views

Cokebottle
08-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm no lawyer, but if they fired a gun someone else brought without doing a ppt themselves that's an
ILLEGAL TRANSFER... that's a felony.

*Did you wipe any prints off it tho?*
Good thing you're not a lawyer, because you can loan a gun to a non-prohibited person with an HSC for a period of up to 30 days.

molasses2k
08-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Well yeah, but it WASN'T LOANED...

*On second thought, maybe I SHOULD be a lawyer*

It was removed from custody without permission, authorization or notification. That's not a loan.

cpt_majestic
08-22-2010, 1:10 PM
I have been there once was treated like sh.. it took all my will to not
to pull him out from behind the counter and beat the crap out of that good for nohing POS.
Dont know how a place can stay in business with
rude a holes working there :83:

It's so strange this thread came up. In fact I think this was the first post I ever replied to (page 1) .

I went in there about three months ago for the first time just to "check it out". The little dude behind the counter was a total dbag and I more or less walked out and told myself I would never go back. Well low and behold I was desperate to shoot Thursday and I decided to give it a try and the dude was humble hank, nice as could be. I'm thinking someone got a hold of him, maybe the owner.

But with that said, I probably won't be there anytime soon unless I'm desperate again.

Cokebottle
08-22-2010, 1:17 PM
Well yeah, but it WASN'T LOANED...

*On second thought, maybe I SHOULD be a lawyer*

It was removed from custody without permission, authorization or notification. That's not a loan.
And it happens a lot, which is why I would never do a PPT at a range.

OTOH, I bought my XD9 from Dave's, and I was able to use it at their range during the 10 day jail.... took some of the pain out of the wait.
As far as I could tell, it hadn't been fired by anyone other than me.

Teddy
08-22-2010, 2:28 PM
Sounds to me like San Bernadino could use another indoor range / gunshop.

If there are soo many of you that are dissapointed get it done!! I am sure that someone down there has been thinking of starting up a new shop/range....get the word out publicly that there is a need and maybe you'll be blessed with one. Sadly, the only thing that will ever get through to owners like this is competition. No matter how much bad press you spill.....they are selling guns. The ranges seem to be the equalizer on this one. A regular gun shop might crumble under lots of bad words being spread through the community.....but a shop with a range/rentals seems to always attract new business no matter what. Some friendly competition in the area is the only thing that will keep him honest and someday care about customer care.

Sorry for the crappy transaction. From someone that has worked in sales environments for a long time, I have to admit that I am constantly dissapointed with service at gun shops and have always thought that a little more patience and a little less arrogance would go a long way. I don't know much about firearms as I am just getting back into it, but I can tell right away when a salesperson is simply regurgitating information he heard someone else say and actually has no idea what they are talking about....and I feel like I get this plenty in a couple local shops. I have to say there are a couple of good shops up here and I do not hesitate to drive 30-45 minutes out of my way to frequent them. Luckily for me, another pretty good shop is right by my house and a decent shop/range is only about 10 minutes away. Not rubbing it in, just saying...hahaha.

Sorry to hear about your experience.....next time I am in SB I'll be sure to walk right by Dave's and not think twice about going inside.

BigBoyPinoy
10-01-2010, 4:29 PM

Not a bad idea.

According to an local FFL you can't lock the case if DOJ decides to inspect the shop/guns there. I think you can lockup the gun though with a cable lock which I should have done, but who would have thought they would do that. I hope they've lost countless business because of this thread and their poor customer service.

fabguy
10-01-2010, 4:39 PM
According to an local FFL you can't lock the case if DOJ decides to inspect the shop/guns there. I think you can lockup the gun though with a cable lock which I should have done, but who would have thought they would do that. I hope they've lost countless business because of this thread and their poor customer service.

Yup, cause I will never go there again.
Thanks for the info & this thread

den888
10-01-2010, 4:57 PM
Thanks for the info.

45DAVID1
10-01-2010, 5:27 PM
I personally know the owner Richard. He is former British military and knows his stuff. I believe is one of the few FFL's in the area who actually owns full auto's to use as LEO demos. One of his workers is a tool though. I've used his shop for a few transfers and would do it again. As with all shops they have their good points as well as their bad points.

Notorious
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
That is one reason that I don't go to shops that are not reputable and especially if I see shenanigans going on like the poster who went to Cold War Shooters.

I've been buying new guns at only 2 places for the last few years, ProForce in Brea and T&A in Santa Ana. I trust both of those places... as the guys in ProForce won't really mess with your stuff due to their clientele and the owner of T&A has way fancier toys than most people so he won't bother to play with your stuff.

Never heard of this place, but I can also add another place to avoid... Magnum Range in Rancho Cucamonga. There's another thread on them and how many people have been ripped by them charging a bogus $5 "Storage Fee" when you do a PPT. It's patently illegal to charge more than the DROS and dealer fee total of $35 per PPT.

Then someone else chimes in and says they got taxed on the PPT and DROS too... and that did it for me. How do you tax fees and a PPT sale? You got to be kidding me.

Now, supposedly they cleaned up their act and they don't do it anymore and that's supposed to make it alright... well... it doesn't. Not until they publicly apologize and give the money back to everyone they ripped off by their illegal business practices. Too bad if they can't find everyone, that's on them. They ripped people off, they need to expend the effort if they want to make it right, but I really doubt they will.

dirty8super
02-25-2016, 11:46 PM
i remember going to daves once a few years back. i was interested in shooting a 38 super they had for rent. i do remember seeing an older guy that seemed bothered but the younger guy i talked to was fine.

when i do have a transaction i stick to k&d gunsmithing on highland. never had an issue there.

jeffrice6
02-26-2016, 12:07 AM
i remember going to daves once a few years back. i was interested in shooting a 38 super they had for rent. i do remember seeing an older guy that seemed bothered but the younger guy i talked to was fine.

when i do have a transaction i stick to k&d gunsmithing on highland. never had an issue there.

necropost much???

Loopwell
02-26-2016, 12:40 AM
necropost much???

Give him a break, 1st post. At least he used the search function.

Any updates on this place? Have they improved in almost years?

jeffrice6
02-26-2016, 12:49 AM
Give him a break, 1st post. At least he used the search function.

1st post dredges up a 6yr old post ~ :troll:

Pauliedad
02-26-2016, 1:31 AM
It's like a quick ride in the wayback machine.

I too am curious if anyone has an update on this place.

ldsnet
02-26-2016, 2:29 AM
My last 2 PPT's I open that POS cable lock they insist I purchase (thanks CAL and Feds) and lock the action with it . . . I may never use the darn lock again, but I know my new-to-me gun won't be fired while out of my possession for the 10 day wait.

The last PPT, the seller wasn't happy with the idea (in case the DROS was denied) so I handed him one of the keys, and I kept one. The lock goes in the trash when I get home . . . I figure for the $6 it cost me, it is cheap insurance for my property that is out of my control.

Dee_Dub
02-26-2016, 5:17 AM
Myself and one of my buddies went there a few years back and had a bad experience. We went there to shoot and got some rude attitude. I should have just walked out but oh well.

elmontemike
02-26-2016, 6:08 AM
That's a bad situation. Hard to believe that a gun range would shoot your gun while in 10 day jail but I have had a few unbelievable things happen to me. A lot of people when they first meet me think I'm rude but I'm not. We all have different personalities. People get butt but to quickly. I will not go there because of what I have read in this thread but I doubt I would have anyways. I really don't like in door ranges.
A lot of people complain about turner's about the long wait or the extra 5 bucks but you won't have a problem with them doing anything crazy with your gun.

Next time give 2A Zone a call and do your transfer. They are vends here on calguns and you will not here anything negative about them. They are in Rancho Cucamonga . Jamie & Sandra are great to do business with. Ask anyone. Again sorry for your bad experience and thank you for letting us know.

mtnman
02-26-2016, 6:50 AM
I learned to either cable tie or lock the case of any gun that i have in jail. It prevents lookyloos from handling and dry firing(or live) my weapon. Some gun shop emplyees will pull Guns out to show their buddies or potential customers.

SmokieBear
02-26-2016, 7:31 AM
I learned to either cable tie or lock the case of any gun that i have in jail. It prevents lookyloos from handling and dry firing(or live) my weapon. Some gun shop emplyees will pull Guns out to show their buddies or potential customers.

I went to a shop in Las Vegas and was checking out a FNS9 that was NIB and did a few dry fires to get feel for the trigger pull and reset. The employee realized he sold it some other person and forgot to put in the back.:facepalm: we were like oh damn for a good minute.

Need More Ammo
02-26-2016, 8:48 AM
I know several employees at Dave's. One of them is really friendly and can run the place, the others are not.

They don't know many of the laws/regulations when it comes to sales/transfers and will leave a bad impression on you when they talk politics.

I go there to shoot and then I go home.

Nothing much else to say, especially when everything else was said 6 years ago.

diverwcw
02-26-2016, 9:06 AM
I always appreciate seeing honest feedback on specific gun stores. It makes me crazy, particularly if it's in my neck of the woods, when I see, "I went to a LGS, who will remain nameless, and was treated like dirt....." I have no bones calling out a specific store. FFLs need to see what people think of them. If they are engaging in poor practices, it can provide a valuable tool to help fix it. If they do nothing about it, natural selection will cause them to go the way of the dinosaur.

dirty8super
02-29-2016, 10:59 PM
went last friday for a private event.. not bad.. i will be going back

tylenol9999
03-06-2016, 8:26 PM
I have been going to this range for good 4 years. I have no issues with them. It's a decent range that is close by so can't complain.

Ls1FALimpala
03-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Been going there for a few years now. Everytime I ever gone. They been super friendly.

gt3
03-06-2016, 11:47 PM
not going there thanks for infro

CZFanatic
03-07-2016, 2:25 PM
Unfortunately I have run into this same problem at MANY gun store/ranges all over the place. In the past few years since the gun craze has gotten out of hand I have often seen many stores and ranges severely understaffed.... and many of the staff have no clue about what they are selling. So you walk into a gun store as I did recently to do a PPT ( Reeds gun range ...Milpitas,Ca.)
There are about 25 people there looking at pistols and 2 guys behind the counter. There is a waiting list to even get helped. After a 20 minute wait to get helped the guy informs me that " per owner policy" PPT's are done only when there are no other customers waiting to look/buy guns. He told us we " might be waiting for a while" and to try another place to do it. Crazy!
Best part about it was BOTH guns in the transfer were purchased there.
The sad part of it all is that these stores are so busy right now that they don't care about losing 2 customers.....they have 200 more waiting.

DSB
03-07-2016, 2:44 PM
You guys do realize this was necroposted by a member who joined the same day he dredged up this 6 year old thread, right?