PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Vallejo right now?

CCWFacts
02-09-2010, 7:47 PM
Crime wave compounds bankrupt Vallejo's woes

If this is a snapshot of crime in Vallejo nearly two years after a bankruptcy filing, it does not bode well for the next five years.

As part of an effort to close a $16 million budget shortfall in May 2008, the city slashed essential services, chief among them the number of sworn officers in the Vallejo Police Department.

Since the department began cutting back in 2005, the number of sworn officers has dropped from 158 to 104. More layoffs are planned in June unless city officials can close a $5 million budget shortfall. If that happens, Vallejo's police force will be reduced to 89 officers - that's for a city of 117,000 residents and 30 square miles.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/02/09/BAAU1BUHVT.DTL#ixzz0f6a4J7G0

It sounds like Vallejo is almost without police services at this point. It's already a troubled community, and now 911 will probably not be able to have an effective response to many important calls.

So a CCW is more necessary than ever there.

Meanwhile, Vallejo doesn't have the $$ to defend itself in a CCW denial lawsuit, making it a great time to sue. They can't afford the lawyers, and they really can't afford the risk of having to pay damages.

I'm sure they have some of the same corruption and misconduct in their files that is common throughout the state.

Billy Jack
02-09-2010, 8:00 PM
I fully agree with you. If anyone in the city has the necessary GC give us an e-mail. There are some things that all potential applicants need to do to enhance their chances of either being issued or set the stage for legal action later.

We had two people contact us today. I can not tell you from what county but the counties issue. Both denied and both wanted our assistance. Both shot themselves in the foot. We can not undo bad applications so you Vallejo people take notice. Get help from us or someone prior to applying.

Billy Jack
Patriot

www.californiaconcealedcarry.com

Aldemar
02-09-2010, 8:35 PM
It sounds like Vallejo is almost without police services at this point. It's already a troubled community, and now 911 will probably not be able to have an effective response to many important calls.

So a CCW is more necessary than ever there.

Meanwhile, Vallejo doesn't have the $$ to defend itself in a CCW denial lawsuit, making it a great time to sue. They can't afford the lawyers, and they really can't afford the risk of having to pay damages.

I'm sure they have some of the same corruption and misconduct in their files that is common throughout the state.

Is it really a good idea to broadcast your intensions at this point? I realize that you are more versed in the CCW aspect then I am but a surprise is usually better than a published plan.

Neuvik
02-09-2010, 9:06 PM
I'm in Vallejo right now, the news hubub is nothing new. California news can't really fill the pages with condemning articles like they did during the previous administration; so to not offend anyone here they just hype up the normal every day violence.

Last year there were multiple shooting, heck a double homicide convict who escaped from jail was caught several doors down from my apartment. Earlier than that there was a string of murders of pizza delivery people etc etc.

I was told four years ago its impossible to get a CCW here, so I never tried, I just go armed and act responsible. Worked fine so far, pretty much the only law I’ve broken (that I know of…) besides speeding.

I hope the ice cream truck driver and the electrician heal up, I feel sorry for them, and had I been near them I would have tried to help. But, I’m finally getting out of this hell hole at the end of this month.

bigstick61
02-09-2010, 9:40 PM
Was in Vallejo for a couple of years. There are some places there where you'd be stupid not to carry if you have to go there. I'll be moving back there later this year. Hopefully by then Vallejo starts issuing CCW permits.

CCWFacts
02-10-2010, 6:28 AM
Is it really a good idea to broadcast your intensions at this point? I realize that you are more versed in the CCW aspect then I am but a surprise is usually better than a published plan.

I don't live in Vallejo so I can't apply there.

I've seen the CCW files from the Santa Maria case, and the misconduct there is awful and shocking. I expect most other cities in this state are just as bad. Vallejo probably has some real "floaters" somewhere in their files, and they really really can't afford a lawsuit. They are laying off sworn officers in the near future, and every officer there know that city legal losses translate directly into layoffs.

SgtDinosaur
02-10-2010, 9:00 AM
Read the Times Herald today. Osby Davis has hit the panic button and called in the Sheriffs and CHP. No, there ain't nothing wrong here. Vallejo is safe, just ask our city clownsel.

wolf13
02-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Like Neuvik said, this isn't really new for Vallejo. While it isn't Richmond or Oakland, it has had a crime problem for some time. I don't live in the city, but most of my friends do, and there are plenty of places you just don't go. Ever.

jehall01
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I thought of doing police ride alongs and help out the cash strapped city, maybe the Cheif will be more relaxed on the idea of CCW.

Steyrlp10
02-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I live in Vallejo -- and that's why I'm a Calgunner.

CCWFacts
02-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I thought of doing police ride alongs and help out the cash strapped city, maybe the Cheif will be more relaxed on the idea of CCW.

No way. They will not relax until they are sued and they see simple math, with their own personal financial interests clearly in the picture.

To say that the chief might relax CCW policy based on the situation indicates that you believe that CCW issuance in this state is connected in some way to public safety. It is not. It is connected to money and power, and nothing else. (Excluding in the rural counties that do run fair nearly-shall-issue systems.)

Vallejo's CCW issuance will only change when the money and power equations lean towards changing it. The only way that happens is when they have fear of a big judgment looming over them, and realize that will lead directly to layoffs.

jehall01
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Good point thanks, I'd still like to help out, but if its going to change by, " big judgment looming over them", then lets get it done.