PDA

View Full Version : Riverside County Sheriff Supports Repeal of AB962!

H Paul Payne
02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Sheriff Stan Sniff has officially come out in support of AB1663.

See his letter at http://calnra.com/doc/Sniff_Support_AB_1663.pdf

Paul

wildhawker
02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Excellent news, Paul. Thanks for the update!

NiteQwill
02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
That is just a whole bunch of awesomeness! :D

IrishPirate
02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
:D good to hear!

obeygiant
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
excellent news indeed, thank you for the update.

SVT-40
02-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Stan is a good guy. (And avid S&W collector)

bwiese
02-09-2010, 1:43 AM
Paul, get some sleep.

Stop working miracles in the middle of the night ;)

H Paul Payne
02-09-2010, 6:52 AM
Paul, get some sleep.

Stop working miracles in the middle of the night ;)
I got a couple of hours sleep last night.

Heck Bill, you know that I don't sleep much anyway. There is always work to do.

Paul

jstotts
02-09-2010, 8:37 AM
Sheriff Stan Sniff has officially come out in support of AB1663.

See his letter at http://calnra.com/doc/Sniff_Support_AB_1663.pdf

Paul

That's wonderful! Let's hope he'll keep it up and take out the clause about CCW not being for self defense.

7x57
02-09-2010, 8:45 AM
But...but...the recent NRA-ILA/McDonald brou-ha-ha convinced us all to quit the NRA 'cuz they're not fighting the good fight! :rolleyes:

7x57

vantec08
02-09-2010, 9:00 AM
Sheriff Sniff had some help to get to that conclusion . . .. a jab in backside from the Board of Supervisors.

D-Man
02-09-2010, 9:00 AM
That's wonderful! Let's hope he'll keep it up and take out the clause about CCW not being for self defense.

+1 to that! The Riverside BOS already says that they want that change, he has refused so far.

1923mack
02-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Nice to see. I believe Stan is a Single action shooter also. That is what he told me. Thought not much time to shoot since his promotion.

joefrank64k
02-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Good news...

jaymz
02-09-2010, 11:56 AM
That's good news for sure, but what was his stance (and the B.O.S. for that matter), before it passed?

IGOTDIRT4U
02-09-2010, 11:59 AM
But...but...the recent NRA-ILA/McDonald brou-ha-ha convinced us all to quit the NRA 'cuz they're not fighting the good fight! :rolleyes:

7x57

lol, while all the dissenters were threatening to tear up their NRA membership cards, I upped mine to "endowment" and added my F-in-L for a "life" membership.

coolusername2007
02-09-2010, 7:53 PM
I like what Sniff is saying...now. But the other poster is right, where has he been, why has he been so quiet? Now that he wants to get elected he's being quite vocal, will he become dormant again after he wins?

I for one will be taking him up on his position for CCW issuance. We'll see how it goes and I'll post here.

Billy Jack
02-09-2010, 8:09 PM
Only had one person we sent to RSO denied and they were issued the following year when they reapplied. Their initial application had some problems and we corrected that for the second attempt.

Yes, I am good! And modest.

Billy Jack

www.californiaconcealedcarry.com

G17GUY
02-09-2010, 8:19 PM

Billy Jack

And by next year (due to incorporation) out of business?

Deadbolt
02-09-2010, 9:26 PM
:clap: dare i ask you, Riverside, that your sheriff speak with Santa Barbara's soon ? :)

bambam8d1
02-09-2010, 9:27 PM
will he give me a ccw too?

forgiven
02-09-2010, 9:48 PM
:thumbsup:

dantodd
02-09-2010, 10:36 PM

7x57

No, it convinced us to make sure we let them know we are not happy with their actions in that case. That doesn't mean there is nothing good about the NRA. Why do you feel it is important to bring up a point of disagreement in a positive thread? It's pointless and divisive. In short, it is beneath you, I know you from these forums and you are better than that.

Billy Jack
02-09-2010, 11:01 PM

On the contrary my anonymous friend. You folks will be in litigation for years after incorporation. Take a look at the space on your wall where there is no law license. I shall keep on doing what I do until I get bored and something more interesting comes along. There is lots of corruption out there yet to be investigated and uncovered.

Do not trouble yourself with my future my friend. I shall do just fine.

Billy Jack

H Paul Payne
02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I like what Sniff is saying...now. But the other poster is right, where has he been, why has he been so quiet? Now that he wants to get elected he's being quite vocal, will he become dormant again after he wins?

I for one will be taking him up on his position for CCW issuance. We'll see how it goes and I'll post here.
In the interest of accuracy, I will offer this response:
This is the same thing he has been saying the entire time he has been in office. His position has NOT changed.

Your statement implies that Sheriff Sniff has changed his position because he is seeking to win points for the upcoming election. That is NOT fair nor is it accurate. He was against AB962 when it was being debated during the legislative process. He is STILL against AB962 and proves this by this recent letter of support of AB1663.

His letters of opposition are in the public record.

As you can see, the statement/question of "will he become dormant again...." is based upon the false premiss that he was "dormant" before.

Note #1: FYI everyone -- Sheriff Sniff wrote this most recent letter WITHOUT the prompting or a request from the NRA or other gun group. He did it on his own.

Note #2: The NRA has not yet endorsed any candidate, including Sheriff Sniff, for the re-election/election for county sheriff in any county. All candidates will be evaluated equally upon receipt of the official list of candidates after the close of the filing period for office. This message, or any messages posted by me prior to any formal endorsement by the NRA-PVF, should not be considered an endorsement by the NRA for any candidate. I am simply attempting to set the record straight.

Paul

Aegis
02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
On the contrary my anonymous friend. You folks will be in litigation for years after incorporation. Take a look at the space on your wall where there is no law license. I shall keep on doing what I do until I get bored and something more interesting comes along. There is lots of corruption out there yet to be investigated and uncovered.

Do not trouble yourself with my future my friend. I shall do just fine.

Billy Jack

Post incorporation, I think the amount of litigation necessary will be less than most people think to gain back our rights. Most local and state government agencies are nearly bankrupt and do not have the funds to fight lawsuits they know they can't win. I believe the lack of funds will force many of these organizations to fold rather than lose millions of dollars. If the economy were better and these agencies were in a different financial position, it may be a different story.

N6ATF
02-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Isn't that what raising taxes (and taxes by any other name) is for?

Cr6IC
02-10-2010, 9:32 PM
Just curious, does anyone know of any other candidates for Riv Co Sheriff other than Stan Sniff and Frank Robles?

7x57
02-10-2010, 9:51 PM

I believe we were told that CCWs are not a big part of Billy Jack's business in the first place. He seems quite adept at using the equal protection clause, its hard to imagine he'd run out of 14th amendment violations to investigate even if CA went Vermont carry.

And even without 14th amendment issues, I imagine the PI business in general can, ah, "bring in enough wampum to keep the squaw happy" is the closest this paleface can come to Billy Jack's recent posts. :D

You thought perhaps he did CCWs full time?

7x57

coolusername2007
02-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Only had one person we sent to RSO denied and they were issued the following year when they reapplied. Their initial application had some problems and we corrected that for the second attempt.

Billy Jack

I became aware of your services in the last similar thread regarding Riverside county CCWs. I have crawled all over your website and will be contacting you in the near future. I have also told everyone I know who is interested in a CCW about your site and services.

coolusername2007
02-10-2010, 10:26 PM
In the interest of accuracy, I will offer this response:
This is the same thing he has been saying the entire time he has been in office. His position has NOT changed.

Your statement implies that Sheriff Sniff has changed his position because he is seeking to win points for the upcoming election. That is NOT fair nor is it accurate. He was against AB962 when it was being debated during the legislative process. He is STILL against AB962 and proves this by this recent letter of support of AB1663.

His letters of opposition are in the public record.

As you can see, the statement/question of "will he become dormant again...." is based upon the false premiss that he was "dormant" before.

Note #1: FYI everyone -- Sheriff Sniff wrote this most recent letter WITHOUT the prompting or a request from the NRA or other gun group. He did it on his own.

Note #2: The NRA has not yet endorsed any candidate, including Sheriff Sniff, for the re-election/election for county sheriff in any county. All candidates will be evaluated equally upon receipt of the official list of candidates after the close of the filing period for office. This message, or any messages posted by me prior to any formal endorsement by the NRA-PVF, should not be considered an endorsement by the NRA for any candidate. I am simply attempting to set the record straight.

Paul

I mean no disrespect to the Sheriff, but let me put this into perspective. I consider myself informed, that is I read the local newspapers, read the local news on websites, etc. I know who my local reps are, I get their email newsletters, and have called their offices. Until I became active in the gun movement after a long hiatus from being involved in other activities, I had no idea who our sheriff was...and I've lived in this county for far longer than he's been sheriff.

Sniff spoke at a local event here in Temecula just recently, and not only did I almost miss the event (but for thanks of a friend who told me about it), others here in Riverside on CGN who likely are more active than I am didn't even know about it.

The point is he's almost invisible unless you go out of your way to find out what he's doing. Further, in another similar thread, I posted the state wide graphic on CCW issuance, Riverside county is listed as a virtual no issue county. If Sniff is as Pro-2A and CCW issuance as is becoming faintly apparent, then why is he so silent about it? What good does that do for the people in this county? Someone needs to get him a megaphone or something.

7x57
02-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Why do you feel it is important to bring up a point of disagreement in a positive thread? It's pointless and divisive. In short, it is beneath you, I know you from these forums and you are better than that.

Apparently you don't know me well enough to have noticed my habit of mocking the hate-the-NRA crowd when opportunity arises. Perhaps it is divisive, perhaps ill-considered, perhaps unwise--but pointless, no.

In fact that thread was different, in that it was certainly not started by the NRA haters. But I wasn't really mocking those with legal arguments about whether it was well- or ill-conceived. I was mocking those who responded "OMG NRA did it again! I'm resigning! I'm tearing up my membership card! I'm kicking the cat--you hear me Wayne?!?" just because that's what they do.

7x57

7x57
02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
If Sniff is as Pro-2A and CCW issuance as is becoming faintly apparent, then why is he so silent about it?

Possibly for the same reason Jerry Brown isn't exactly noisy about being gun-neutral or better?

7x57

NCSD
03-08-2010, 7:41 PM
I read the letter on the link on the first post but on Turners website theres this link also http://www.calnra.com/doc/supportab1663.pdf has anyone signed this or even seen it just thought i'll share this i'll be signing it and mailing tomorrow and I passed it around at work hopefully we can make our voices heard.

zeke2517
03-08-2010, 8:07 PM
I heard rumors that VERY Recently the BOS voted Unanimous to change Riv county to aShall Issue, but Sniff voted against it. Just what i heard about 5 weeks ago.