PDA

View Full Version : Problem soloved! The problem isn't terrorists, it's easy access to guns!

FastFinger
02-08-2010, 1:25 PM
Access to Guns,’ Not Jihad, to Blame for Ft. Hood, Says Noted Islamic Scholar (http://biggovernment.com/cjohnson/2010/02/08/access-to-guns-not-jihad-to-blame-for-ft-hood-says-noted-islamic-scholar/)

Good - now I feel safer.

gtturborex
02-08-2010, 1:26 PM
Wow...

Corbin Dallas
02-08-2010, 1:33 PM
Idiots...

PEBKAC
02-08-2010, 2:56 PM
The reason for the Ft. Hood Massacre, according to Shakir? Not jihad or Islamic fundamentalism,

Okay I can somewhat accept that, it seems that fundamentalism in the USA is much much less pervasive that in, for example, Europe or seemingly many parts of the Middle East and SouthEast Asia... Obviously there seemed to be some kind of connection but really, this is probably one of the very few, if not the only, instance of violent Jihad within the USA by bonafide US citizens (just going from memory here).

but the “pervasiveness of violence in our society”

Okay I can make that logical jump...as societies go we do seem more prone to violence...this is not to say that many societies in which Islam seems to have taken root are not also similarly more prone to violent acts than say, most of the 1st world by which we basically mean Europe, but as a claim this is not terribly unreasonable. After all most massacres we have had have been carried out by a cultural and ethnic rainbow of perps so to suggest that there is a cultural or ethnic factor in who snaps seems to be just a bit presumptuous if not completely fallacious.

and because of Americans’ “easy access to guns.”

Okay what?

This is where he lost me...it does not flow from the previous conclusions as predisposition to violence is certainly not necessarily (or more likely not at all) related to tools used and thus this claim is at the very least a correlation =/= causation fallacy. And he certainly does not go out of his way to prove causation, he seems to just assume it to be so.

CnCFunFactory
02-08-2010, 2:59 PM
Twits, that is all.:cool:

Vladimir
02-08-2010, 10:38 PM
easy access to guns? going through a 10 day backround check isnt easy to me, buying an AK for 20 bucks in africa is easy to me:D

IrishPirate
02-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I know he's trying to steer the blame from Islam to something else.......but guns? really? an inanimate object that requires a higher being in order to function? that's what's to blame? not the higher beings? i don't know about you guys, but I find that one hard to believe......

PEBKAC
02-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Those wacky inanimate objects...

This would require extenuating circumstances but just one time, I'd like to debate gun control with somebody while an unloaded firearm sits on a table for all to see. Then whenever they talk about guns killing people I'll just say "Until the gun over there sprouts little gun legs and/or arms and removes itself from the premises I'd ask you to refrain from making these absurd claims...."

I can dream, I know. :rolleyes:

IrishPirate
02-08-2010, 11:50 PM
we share the same dream.....I also want to ask why we give cops guns then since cops are supposed to protect people not kill them.

Pyrodyne
02-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I read the whole spiel. (whew!)

So, basically.. we have too many guns and too easy access to guns. We need more laws to make guns harder to get (because criminals don't break the law to get guns). Gun stores that sell to criminals should be shut down quicker (agreed). Blah, blah minority Muslims Race Card, Blah Blah...
Peace and goodwill to all men. Except the murderers.

So the Koran according to the article explicitly supports self defense and condemns killing innocents. But, we should disarm the innocents and men of good will anyways.

So after admitting that there are bad muslims, he goes on to say that we should disarm ourselves and welcome them with open arms to have their way....

NoahH
02-09-2010, 8:01 AM
The suspect was also engaged by a female officer, stopping the assault and saving who knows how many lives. She used....a GUN. So I guess those nasty things can save lives too.

Hoop
02-09-2010, 8:39 AM
Zaid Shakir:

Born:
Ricky D. Mitchell
May 24, 1956
Berkeley, California, U.S.

Now it makes sense.

DTOM CA!
02-09-2010, 9:01 AM
After 911 we should have made it harder to access airplanes and box cutters. It is really the proliferation of airliners in this country that led to the twin towers coming down. It has nothing to do with race or religion. It is those damn Pilots that hate the U.S.

MrPlutonium
02-09-2010, 9:39 AM
You know, I distinctly remember the 9/11 terrorists using ebrs and cop killer pistols...wait that ain't right...oh yeah they used boxcutters and airplanes. Give a desperate enemy a pencil and he will stab you with it. So yeah the problem CAN'T be a philosophy that makes killing by any means necessary a goal in life at all. It's the guns!