PDA

View Full Version : GREAT GREAT GUN STORE IN BURBANK!!!!!

TURBOELKY
02-07-2010, 9:26 PM
Driving home today, I happened to see a sign on the sidewalk that said GUNS
Of course, I had to stop and check them out. I've never noticed the sign before, nor have I seen the shop, and I've been driving around Burbank for 5 years! Inside I was greeted by 4 or 5 very very friendly employee's, maybe the owner? I dont know. They were very kind people, unlike the "OTHER" gun store down the road......(gun world). Inside they had several cool looking shot guns, an AR or two, an AR22, a few mini 14's, a Beautiful Colt Python, and a Colt .45 1911. They also had a very good priced HK USP full size 9mm.They had a few Glocks on display, a bit of ammo, a lot of grips, sights, and cleaning supplies. Holsters were plentiful, and no Generic gun crap.

I bought a pistol cleaning kit, just to give some business. The people in this store are amazing people, and I wanted to put in a good word for them on here for the Burbankians and surrounding cities. On the way out, the old guys said: " Hey man, come by anytime, even if your not buying something! Were always here watching TV and eating, and your welcome to come down and converse and share our hobby!". These guys will be seeing more of my business FOR SURE! They may not have a TON of stuff on their shelves, but the customer service is second to none. Ammo bros has great customer service, but this store is close, and these old dudes are cool as can be!!! Check them out!

AEGIS Trading Enterprises, LLC
1313 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91506
TEL: 818-972-9038

imtnt10
02-07-2010, 9:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up....I'll have to stop in when I'm in the neighborhood.

Musashi
02-07-2010, 9:40 PM
Yea I've been there before the owner is really cool, and helpful. I feel much more comfortable going there than gunworld.

TURBOELKY
02-07-2010, 9:42 PM
Yea I've been there before the owner is really cool, and helpful. I feel much more comfortable going there than gunworld.

Sweet! I'm glad somebody else knows what I'm talking about. I dont know which one was the owner, but they were all great. Gun World blows....(as everyone knows)....turns out this store has been there since the 80's!!:eek:

Silver636
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the info, your title had me thinking it was gunworld so I thought hell had frozen over. Gun world is no good, will try out this new shop next time I'm in Burbank.

nick
02-08-2010, 12:37 AM
The place used to be called Stevenson's Gun Country. I stopped by there last week, since I noticed that it re-opened. Nice people, you're right about that. Almost ended up buying some weird .22 rifle I couldn't identify (they had it on consignment), but wasn't willing to pay $300 for something I don't know anything about. Might still get it though, if they still have it.

They had a new SW99 for $649.

andyfriendly
02-08-2010, 8:44 AM
Anyone know if they do out of state FFL transfers and how much they charge with DROS?

BMWguy206
02-08-2010, 9:12 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I live in Glendale and that shop is just about a 10min drive away from me.

TURBOELKY
02-08-2010, 9:13 AM
Anyone know if they do out of state FFL transfers and how much they charge with DROS?

I Did not ask that. Call them up! Im interested in that answer myself?

nick
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
I Did not ask that. Call them up! Im interested in that answer myself?

Funny, neither did I. I almost went back to ask it, but, well, didn't :)

Nite100
02-14-2010, 7:23 PM
How much was the HK USP full size 9mm?

Thanks.

TURBOELKY
02-14-2010, 8:09 PM
six hundred and some change. Not sure if it was new, but probably not at that price? Looked new though.

Silver636
02-14-2010, 8:20 PM
Out of state fee was $75 plus $25 dros plus tax.

The guy was friendly as didn't brush me off after I looked at several firearms and didnt purchase anything.

HokeySon
02-14-2010, 8:33 PM

I agree that they are very good -- only been there once, but it was a great experience.

I did ask them about receiving guns for transfer that I might buy online, they said no problem. I think they said $100 though, which I though was high. Maybe I am not remembering the price right. But they will definitely do the transfer

Cokebottle
02-14-2010, 8:38 PM
I got kicked out of GunWorld. :o

They said something about the handprints and nose/mouth smudges on their 1911 display cases :D

TURBOELKY
02-14-2010, 9:30 PM
not sure what all places charge for out of state, or shipping in etc. but Kings Armory wanted 100 plus the 25 bucks back round. So 100 bucks isn't too bad, I think Ammo bros is 75, but not sure if it includes the back round check? Either way, I'd pay an extra 25 bucks and save myself the drive, and gas expense. It would equal out...:D But yes, Super friendly service in there!!! I recommend everybody stops by there one day, because places like that need to stay in business!!!:43:

Cokebottle
02-14-2010, 9:42 PM
not sure what all places charge for out of state, or shipping in etc. but Kings Armory wanted 100 plus the 25 bucks back round. So 100 bucks isn't too bad, I think Ammo bros is 75, but not sure if it includes the back round check? Either way, I'd pay an extra 25 bucks and save myself the drive, and gas expense. It would equal out...:D But yes, Super friendly service in there!!! I recommend everybody stops by there one day, because places like that need to stay in business!!!:43:
$100+DROS is high.

Average is $35 to $55 plus DROS.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=263286

But yes, you have to balance the distance and convenience. There are FFLs in Ridgecrest and Fresno (or maybe Bakersfield) that only charge $10 plus DROS, but it would cost a couple of hundred in gas to make the two trips needed unless it's a C&R and you have a California COE and 03FFL.

TURBOELKY
02-14-2010, 10:21 PM
$100+DROS is high.

Average is $35 to $55 plus DROS.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=263286

But yes, you have to balance the distance and convenience. There are FFLs in Ridgecrest and Fresno (or maybe Bakersfield) that only charge $10 plus DROS, but it would cost a couple of hundred in gas to make the two trips needed unless it's a C&R and you have a California COE and 03FFL.

I've never had a firearm shipped, so I was unsure of whats expensive and whats not, but thanks! I'm working on the c&r, waiting on paper work in snail mail. But whats COE stand for?

chefdude
02-14-2010, 10:23 PM
did a PPT there and they are very Black Rifle Friendly on Transfers!!! good guys too

TURBOELKY
02-14-2010, 10:25 PM
did a PPT there and they are very Black Rifle Friendly on Transfers!!! good guys too

dang, where did you disappear to?:D Did you ever get my PM, I never got a reply from you. Figured you were just busy.

nick
02-14-2010, 10:27 PM
I got kicked out of GunWorld. :o

They said something about the handprints and nose/mouth smudges on their 1911 display cases :D

It really is impolite to drool on the merchandise... :p

Cokebottle
02-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I've never had a firearm shipped, so I was unsure of whats expensive and whats not, but thanks! I'm working on the c&r, waiting on paper work in snail mail. But whats COE stand for?
Certificate of Eligibility.

It exempts you from the 1-every-30 day law for handguns purchased from dealer stock, and it exempts you from the 10 day waiting period for C&R guns that are transferred through an FFL (would typically be handguns).

It will also exempt you from the online ammo buying restrictions imposed by AB962... if you can persuade the out of state ammo suppliers that you can legally receive ammo.

TURBOELKY
02-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Certificate of Eligibility.

It exempts you from the 1-every-30 day law for handguns purchased from dealer stock, and it exempts you from the 10 day waiting period for C&R guns that are transferred through an FFL (would typically be handguns).

It will also exempt you from the online ammo buying restrictions imposed by AB962... if you can persuade the out of state ammo suppliers that you can legally receive ammo.

I'm going to apply for that too then.:D

Cokebottle
02-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm going to apply for that too then.:D
Oh heck yes.

There's really no advantage for a Californian to have an 03 FFL without it other than for the online discounts.

Group 4
03-03-2010, 3:25 PM
Aegis is good. They helped me find a smith to repair my rifle and I've bought a lot of little things there. Waiting to spend some real money there on a firearm.

maddesign
03-11-2010, 2:44 PM
Stopped by there today, good deal on an assembled Delton lower, only $294.00. I paid $330 for a kit, but it was fun to put together...

crunchy53
03-11-2010, 6:42 PM
i was there about a year ago to get some ammo. they had OLL back then and kept saying how the store down the street would scream at you if you even mentioned them. turns out they were right HAHAHA.