PDA

View Full Version : Assemblyman Hagman on AB1663 to repeal AB962

IrishPirate
02-07-2010, 8:43 PM
Hope this isn't a dupe. Got this email from Assemblyman Curt Hagman about AB1663 which will directly repeal AB962. The link goes to a video where Assemblyman Hagman does a phone interview with NRA news about AB1663. Nice to see that there's at least one person in the State Government that's on our side.

Dear Friends:

I would first like to extend my sincerest thank you to everyone who was able to attend my NRA / AB1663 meeting on Saturday at Raahauge's Shooting Enterprises in Corona, CA. I understand that many of you are not in the immediate area so, for your convenience, I have posted on my website a video of my recent interview on NRA news where I discuss my upcoming legislation and the need to repeal AB 962. It can be found at: www.asm.ca.gov/60 (http://arc.asm.ca.gov/member/60/)

(Please note that this interview was conducted when I originally was going to use AB 373. Since that bill number had an upcoming expiration date, we updated the repeal legislation to AB 1663 so that we could have more time to work with the NRA to spread the message and attract support).

As I continue working with the National Rifle Association in the coming months, I encourage all of you to spread the word about the harms AB 962 will have on your community if it is not repealed. Contact your representatives and let them know why they need to support this legislation. We need to fight together to protect our Second Amendment right. Restriction ammunition sales and imposing on California’s law abiding citizens only creates more problems for businesses and consumers. Criminals will not be deterred and gun crimes will not decrease.

Thank you again for your continued action and support.

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

Skidmark
02-07-2010, 9:19 PM
I'll write to Hagman to let him know he has my support.

Seesm
02-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Hagman is a hit with ME!!

IrishPirate
02-08-2010, 5:03 PM
Hopefully the rest of his politics are as sound as his view on 2A legislation.

Seesm
02-08-2010, 8:57 PM
Hopefully the rest of his politics are as sound as his view on 2A legislation.

I should have said THAT for sure.

IrishPirate
02-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Every now and then the things that sound good in my head also sound good on the internet