PDA

View Full Version : WTS: ACOG mount for SA M1A rifles $285

superjc
02-07-2010, 6:20 PM
For those of you going that route, this is the best there is:

http://www.smithenterprise.com/imagesprod/M14_ACOG_1913.lg.jpg

From the S.E.I. webstore:

"This new mount finally addresses the problem of how to effectively mount an ACOG scope on the M14 rifle. Detachable MIL STD 1913 rail component allows use of standard issue Picatinny rail optical systems. Marked "US Property" and "Smith Ent.", along with above NSN. Wire EDM 4140 CM steel manufactured. Double heat treated, as well as M80HT, corrosion resistant 60 HRC surface.
Very limited civilian availability. "

***for Springfield Armory receivers ONLY!!! ****

$285 USPS MO, +3% for Gunpal or DISCREET paypal.

polygunner
02-07-2010, 6:43 PM
Nice mount.
I wonder what makes it for Springfield only.

I guess the reason the picatinny section bolts to the rest of the mount is that there are some other options. Or does the mount take the ACOG carry handle section without an adapter?

pg

superjc
02-07-2010, 6:46 PM
Nice mount.
I wonder what makes it for Springfield only.

I guess the reason the picatinny section bolts to the rest of the mount is that there are some other options. Or does the mount take the ACOG carry handle section without an adapter?

pg

Ron at S.E.I. machined this one specifically for an SA M1A as that's what I have, LRB, Polytech etc have contact points that are slightly different. The detachable rail lets you use the bottom of the ACOG as is, or with the dual-screw flat-top mount (ta-51, I believe). This thing is ROCK SOLID but I ended up selling my ACOG to fund an M1A scout... you know, black rifle addiction!

polygunner
02-07-2010, 6:52 PM
Ah ha I see.
That is a great idea for mounting an ACOG.
If it was machined for a LRB I'd be seriously considering it. It's a great price.
Good luck with the sale.
pg