PDA

View Full Version : Police officers making ridiculous statments

rkt88edmo
02-07-2010, 6:12 PM
Things were getting a little too overheated.

We need to slow down.

I moved both threads.

This issue isn't getting buried or going away, it will get addressed, but it won't be done in the heat of the moment.

You can now throw eggs at me.

Alaric
02-07-2010, 6:14 PM
Can the eggs be hard-boiled? :p

technique
02-07-2010, 6:14 PM
*eggs*

sepiid
02-07-2010, 6:15 PM
frozen???

kertong
02-07-2010, 6:17 PM
rtk88edmo: Thanks. I'm all about 2A/RKBA but I agree with your assessment. Things were getting too heated (but when an officer makes such a direct threat against 2A/Open Carriers, good reason to no?).

I would love to see Rod get some sort of reprimand and a forced re-education (perhaps a handful of us should take him out to dinner and drinks, and show him we're not all stupid gun toting criminal cases waiting to happen). I was, however, fearing for the safety of my friend in the middle's career, so I think this is a good move. :)

B Strong
02-07-2010, 6:22 PM
rtk88edmo: Thanks. I'm all about 2A/RKBA but I agree with your assessment. Things were getting too heated (but when an officer makes such a direct threat against 2A/Open Carriers, good reason to no?).

I would love to see Rod get some sort of reprimand and a forced re-education (perhaps a handful of us should take him out to dinner and drinks, and show him we're not all stupid gun toting criminal cases waiting to happen). I was, however, fearing for the safety of my friend in the middle's career, so I think this is a good move. :)

I like your sentiment, but personally, I'm picky about who I drink with.

Shotgun Man
02-07-2010, 6:38 PM
Wow, talk about overkill. Deleting the threads-- I saw nothing against the rules. We're not allowed to talk? This place amazes me sometimes.

technique
02-07-2010, 6:40 PM
Wow, talk about overkill. Deleting the threads-- I saw nothing against the rules. This place amazes me sometimes.

Don't fret. :D

It, as stated, will be addressed at some point. Sometimes it's good to keep things out of the public eye. This is after all a public forum.

The ball is rolling.

Alaric
02-07-2010, 6:41 PM
I'm not defending the officer or his statements, and I'm not a mod, but I can see that thread coming off as a bit of a lynch mob and closing it for now seemed reasonable to me.

leelaw
02-07-2010, 6:45 PM
It seems even a splash explaining what happened to a thread can't be made without some posters using it as a place to continue the topic.

Notice posted.

Thread closed.