PDA

View Full Version : An news story on our side, sort of.

nicki
02-06-2010, 4:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apT_yrI00Qs#

Got sent this link from NORML.

What's you guys think of the story.

Nicki

HowardW56
02-06-2010, 4:43 PM
I would be interested to hear what the US Attorney comes back with...

Blue
02-06-2010, 4:47 PM
I like the fact that they almost seem to be rooting for the guy being able to buy a gun.

ke6guj
02-06-2010, 4:50 PM
how would bringing up the issue with the city council help him? the issue is with regards to federal law, not state or local law.

G17GUY
02-06-2010, 4:58 PM
He might use the gun to rob a store because he has the munchies.

SJgunguy24
02-06-2010, 5:08 PM
Anyone else notice the time on the video........4:20

Thrasher416
02-06-2010, 5:12 PM
Did anyone notice that the guy had "Veritus" and "Aequitus" tattooed on his fingers? Guess he must be a Boondock Saint's fan.:D

Hopi
02-06-2010, 5:24 PM
Jones Fort. :rolleyes:

Asking them a question re: gun laws is like asking a turd to tap dance.

calnurse
02-06-2010, 5:40 PM
wow! very interesting case.

yoteassasin
02-06-2010, 5:56 PM
Did anyone notice that the guy had "Veritus" and "Aequitus" tattooed on his fingers? Guess he must be a Boondock Saint's fan.:D

Or an Uber tool

JDoe
02-06-2010, 7:03 PM
Whoa! Check out the reporters comments starting at 3:30. Looks like she and her station are ok with people having guns to defend themselves and their property!

Niiiiice!

SkatinJJ
02-06-2010, 7:21 PM
Welcome to the real northern California.

Fot
02-06-2010, 7:39 PM
Welcome to the real northern California.

+1 ^^^

BroncoBob
02-06-2010, 7:50 PM
Jones Fort. :rolleyes:

Asking them a question re: gun laws is like asking a turd to tap dance.

:rofl2::rofl2:

Purple K
02-06-2010, 8:00 PM
Medical marijuana... The BIG lie. True medical marijuana is available in tablet form as Marinol in 2.5, 5 and 10mg dosages. The veteran claims he's smoking pot to relieve his hip pain, there are much better ways to manage pain. It's a scam! Remember, originally is was supposed to help glaucoma patients, then it was an appetite enhancement. Now you can get it to treat your ingrown toe-nail. Several guys from work went to the "Doctor" recommended by the place that sells the pot and miraculously... they all got prescriptions, even though there was nothing wrong with them. GEEZ!!!

Roadrunner
02-06-2010, 8:02 PM
The question is simple, "Are you an UNLAWFUL user or ADDICTED to mairjuana...

The answer is NO!

He uses it lawfully and he does not depend on it to maintain so how can he be addicted.

Preventing him from purchasing a firearm would be like preventing a person who takes other prescriptions from purchasing a firearm. That's just wrong.

hoffmang
02-06-2010, 8:06 PM
The question is simple, "Are you an UNLAWFUL user or ADDICTED to mairjuana...

The answer is NO!

Sadly, the answer is yes. He is an unlawful user of marijuna under federal law and its a federal form.

-Gene

Smokeybehr
02-07-2010, 1:29 AM
Sadly, the answer is yes. He is an unlawful user of marijuna under federal law and its a federal form.

-Gene

Dude, you're harshing his mellow. Quit being a buzzkill... :D

spddrcr
02-07-2010, 1:31 AM
Medical marijuana... The BIG lie. True medical marijuana is available in tablet form as Marinol in 2.5, 5 and 10mg dosages. The veteran claims he's smoking pot to relieve his hip pain, there are much better ways to manage pain. It's a scam! Remember, originally is was supposed to help glaucoma patients, then it was an appetite enhancement. Now you can get it to treat your ingrown toe-nail. Several guys from work went to the "Doctor" recommended by the place that sells the pot and miraculously... they all got prescriptions, even though there was nothing wrong with them. GEEZ!!!

you have obviously never used marinol have you? what better ways do you suggest he use to solve his pain? I havent smoked MJ myself in years but then again i did take prescription drugs for years and went through horrible withdrawls getting off them after i had my spinal cord stimulator implanted, why so hostile against MJ users though? this is what anti gun folks do to us and frankly it pisses me off when i see a gunner do it to others with zero reason or facts to back it up.

CABilly
02-07-2010, 1:57 AM
you have obviously never used marinol have you? what better ways do you suggest he use to solve his pain? I havent smoked MJ myself in years but then again i did take prescription drugs for years and went through horrible withdrawls getting off them after i had my spinal cord stimulator implanted, why so hostile against MJ users though? this is what anti gun folks do to us and frankly it pisses me off when i see a gunner do it to others with zero reason or facts to back it up.

It's a scam! First it was self defense in the home. Then it was secretly carrying guns around town. Now just about anyone can have a gun for anything! GEEZ, don't you people know that a lot of gun owners are just doing it for fun?

corrupt
02-07-2010, 2:08 AM
Hunting guns are a gateway drug to more powerful assault drugs.. err, weapons.

johnthomas
02-07-2010, 2:19 AM
He has hip pain so he gets stoned? He was stoned when he did the interview. We all have pain, give me a break.
Oh that's right, he is a vet too. So am I, being a vet doesnt excuse you. The guy is an out and out stoner.

domeshotjuan2
02-07-2010, 3:12 AM
He has hip pain so he gets stoned? He was stoned when he did the interview. We all have pain, give me a break.
Oh that's right, he is a vet too. So am I, being a vet doesnt excuse you. The guy is an out and out stoner.

let me give you a scenario. you have had a broken back for 2 years and for 2 years youve been having to take morphine patches and kadian and oxycodone every day because you cant lay in one spot without pain letalone stand cant work because your too doped up to do your job. then you find marijuana doesnt take all the pain away but you can manage. you can go to work without being useless. and best of all no more dope sickness. huh i wonder what would you use. or are you so tough youd just take the pain?
i guess using a medication that makes life tolerable without the risk of killing you is a bad thing though..... i guess we should throw away any right to the persuit of happiness as long as their not the ones you wanna fight for rightscreweveryine else.liars. thats the same attitude the anti-gunners have. now as a gun owner how do you feel about those anti-2nd amendment people.....huh funny how that works..

CalNRA
02-07-2010, 3:16 AM
He was stoned when he did the interview.

or maybe he is just a very jolly and mellow person.:D

oaklander
02-07-2010, 4:38 AM
Sounds like we need one of these. . .

It appears he's so stoned that he can't even figure out that the City Council has nothing to do with Federal Law. Actually the CA DOJ must be smoking something too, if they think that their answer means anything in light of the federal drug laws.

Federal Law > State Law > Local Ordinances

http://i48.tinypic.com/168himv.jpg

Purple K
02-07-2010, 9:41 AM

No, I have never used Marinol. I have, however, experienced both acute and chronic pain. in 1989 I was stopped at a red light on my motorcycle when a full-size Dodge van rear-ended me. I'm sure that you can imagine my injuries and how many years I was in pain. I used many different drugs at various stages of my treatment, all of them approved by the FDA, with no addiction or withdrawal issues. I spent a week in Intensive Care in 2004 due to an incident that involved a Contusion to the brain, broken femur, broken pelvis, broken scapula, broken ribs, collapsed lung and a contusion to the spleen. Once again, the pain management was via legal FDA approved means. Trust me, I know pain management. Addicts can be very clever at justifying their addictions. Just cruise by the medical marijuana store, all you'll see is a bunch of pot-head stoners. I've yet to see the little old lady with glaucoma.

yoteassasin
02-07-2010, 9:50 AM
. Addicts can be very clever at justifying their addictions. Just cruise by the medical marijuana store, all you'll see is a bunch of pot-head stoners. I've yet to see the little old lady with glaucoma.

oh My God... No way did some one just figure it out! like i said before dude is an uber tool and MJ or whatever you want to call it is the drug of choice of uber tools every where

oaklander
02-07-2010, 9:55 AM
Folks, we are not going to get political traction by teaming up with NORML.

I personally have no problem with people who smoke pot. I'm not one of them, BTW.

That being said, generally, the people who support legal 420, and the people who support guns are TWO different groups.

Teaming up with pro-420 movements may get us a few more supporters, but we will lose many more than that. It's that simple.

domeshotjuan2
02-07-2010, 11:44 AM
No, I have never used Marinol. I have, however, experienced both acute and chronic pain. in 1989 I was stopped at a red light on my motorcycle when a full-size Dodge van rear-ended me. I'm sure that you can imagine my injuries and how many years I was in pain. I used many different drugs at various stages of my treatment, all of them approved by the FDA, with no addiction or withdrawal issues. I spent a week in Intensive Care in 2004 due to an incident that involved a Contusion to the brain, broken femur, broken pelvis, broken scapula, broken ribs, collapsed lung and a contusion to the spleen. Once again, the pain management was via legal FDA approved means. Trust me, I know pain management. Addicts can be very clever at justifying their addictions. Just cruise by the medical marijuana store, all you'll see is a bunch of pot-head stoners. I've yet to see the little old lady with glaucoma.

youve never seen the little old lady just like youve prob never seen the big bad wolf you want to open carry or conceal carry for. it doesnt mean their not their. i WAS a medical marijuana patient. and am not anymore.i had less trouble getting off the pot then i did with all the narcotics they try to shove in your body. by the way marinol is not used anymod because. a. it doesnt produce the same effects to the nervoussystem (low potency) and b. its rediculously expensive

domeshotjuan2
02-07-2010, 4:10 PM
:Historically, that has been true. But since we are all opposed to brainless prohibitions that cause more problems than they solve (and don't work anyway, like all prohibitions), we certainly have common cause.

We must all hang together or most assuredly we shall hang separately.

cant put it any better then that :D

GoodEyeSniper
02-07-2010, 4:14 PM
Historically, that has been true. But since we are all opposed to brainless prohibitions that cause more problems than they solve (and don't work anyway, like all prohibitions), we certainly have common cause.

We must all hang together or most assuredly we shall hang separately.

Exactly. The anti legal MJ people don't have a leg to stand on other than "Damn hippy stoners". I'm sorry, just because one guy on here didn't get addicted to his pain meds, doesn't somehow prove his superiority over medical MJ users. The facts are plain and simple, most LEGAL painkillers are much more harmful than MJ can ever be. Especially if you use MJ responsibly, AKA: humidifier.

You can use both types of drugs responsibly and irresponsibly. However, the people who use prescription meds irresponsibly are much more likely to become dangerous to others or themselves.

nicki
02-07-2010, 5:22 PM
Generally how often do we get reporters being openly supportive of the "RKBA".

She didn't see the guy as a "GUN NUT". What she saw was a person who had a health condition, was using marijuana for medical purposes which my gut tells me she supports and the way she reported it was that his rights were being violated because of his medical choices.

She did her homework in that she went to both the state and Feds. Noticed how Jerry Brown's office responded.

This video was sent to me by someone very high up in NORML and many of their people personally support our right to keep and bear arms.

Of course they have to deal with people who support ending the POT prohbition, yet support gun prohibition.

Obama has said that he is leaving medical marijuana users alone in states that have passed medical marijuana.

If someone loses a "fundamental right" for using "medical marijuana", to me, that is not being left alone.

I would like to see what Obama would say if pressed on this issue, because I have a gut feeling that many people who have prop 215 cards are gun owners also.

There have already been several cases of people defending their "homegrown crops" in their homes from burgulars with guns.

In Oregon their Supreme court ordered a sheriff to issue a ccw permit to someone who had a medical marijuana card. The sheriff complained that he was complying with Fed law at the time.

Something to consider, what if a state law was passed that said if you are an alcohol user you can't buy guns and they define a chronic alcohol user as someone who has drank 1 beer in the last 30 days as a chronic alcohol user, how many of us would be able to buy guns.

And such a law could be passed because even though the 18th amendment was repealed, it still allowed the states to regulate alcohol consumption.

We are going to see another 10th amendment Commerce Case hit the Federal courts on Marijuana after Californians vote to LEGALIZE pot this november.

My gut tells me that Jerry Brown will defend Californians rights against the Federal government on this issue.

The reality is the illegally of Marijuana is what is holding up "Industrial hemp" in this country, industrial hemp would be a "green cash crop" that could play a major role in jumpstarting our economy.

Farmers don't want to risk growing hemp that might yield flowers whose THC content may be too high. An American hemp industry will rapidly grow once farmers aren't worried about getting busted for growing pot.

I could see a annual 500 to 1 trillion dollar hemp economy within a few short years because Hemp would replace would provide enviromentally sound replacements for many toxic products.

The public supports hemp industrialization. When people put it together that they have to choose between hemp industrialization or continuing the Pot prohibition, I believe most are going to dump the Pot prohibition.

I realize we have a few OPEC supporters on this board and the idea of Hemp replacing many oil based products across the US economy would cut off money.

Energy self reliance would mean that maybe we wouldn't have to be in the middle east, we could tell OPEC nations what they could do with their oil.

Hemp would be a major cash crop in California and if the Feds are blocking things, a governor could tell the people that it is the Federal government's policies that are bankrupting the state.

Of course the Feds invalidating prop 94 didn't help things either;)

The arguements that the Feds have no jurisdiction on California Marijuana will be the same ones our side would use to justify that the feds have no jurisdiction on say "made in Montana Guns".

I realize many of you are against this, but right now last poll I saw showed 58 percent of Californians will vote to legalize POT. Nationwide legalization just crossed the 50 percent threshold.

A friend of mine looked into Marinol since she has Parkinson's, the discounted price since she is on disablity and limited income(under 1k per month) is roughly 700 dollars a month.

It is easy to support the rights of things you like, the hard thing is to support the rights of things you disagree with yet that is what we must do if we are to support freedom.

By the tone of what some of you have written, it appears that you actually "HATE" various groups of people.

Personally I don't hate anyone, but I do hate what some people promote.

We got a "postive news" story on guns and a reporter acknowledging and actually fighting for someone' right to keep and bear arms, to me this is a significant victory.

Nicki

CSDGuy
02-07-2010, 5:23 PM
Would anyone advocate for driving while on MJ or shooting while on MJ? The problem with smoked MJ is that you really can't, and don't, know the actual THC dose you're getting. You can guess... But you don't know for certain. Marinol is made of specific, known doses of THC. This is the only known, active ingredient of MJ...

artherd
02-08-2010, 7:20 AM
The California AG was the wrong person to take this to - the US Attorney's office needs to opine.

Watch this space.

Mulay El Raisuli
02-08-2010, 8:36 AM
We got a "postive news" story on guns and a reporter acknowledging and actually fighting for someone' right to keep and bear arms, to me this is a significant victory.

Nicki

I agree completely with all that you wrote, but I repeated this part because it is ESPECIALLY good news.

The Raisuli

gvbsat
02-08-2010, 8:54 AM
I have a question;

If he marked "yes" on the form, isn't he saying he is "addicted" and that right there would make him exempt from purchasing a gun? I mean, that is what the FEDs are asking right?

Now I agree with Nicki. My opinion is MJ should indeed be legal, on a Federal level. Regulated the same way alcohol is. It would bring SO MUCH REVENUE to all states. It would also stop grow houses from ruining peoples houses. But... going back to the answering yes or no, under fed law, you answer yes, you cannot purchase. It is close to the same issue we here in CA , just reversed. We want our 2nd ad recognized by the state, and on the other issue, most of us, or some of us, want to see the states law recognized by the Fed. as far as legalizing, or "decriminalizing" MJ.

GrizzlyGuy
02-08-2010, 9:53 AM
I have a question;

If he marked "yes" on the form, isn't he saying he is "addicted" and that right there would make him exempt from purchasing a gun? I mean, that is what the FEDs are asking right?

Not necessarily addicted, just an "unlawful user" (which one would be due to the federal prohibition of MJ). The question from the form:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

gvbsat
02-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Not necessarily addicted, just an "unlawful user" (which one would be due to the federal prohibition of MJ). The question from the form:

What a brain miss-fire. Yeah, I get it. Thanks for pointing the obvious out.

nat
02-08-2010, 10:07 AM

Spoken by somebody who has no clue what they are talking about.

BigBronco
02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Now lets remember he is a Veteran. I will thank him for his service to our country and our freedom. The fact that he had trouble with the question on the form, tells me he has not rotted his brain with the "Evil weed". He even appears to grow his own. So after serving his county he has turned to botany as a hobby. Good for him! His crop, giving him the benefit of the doubt is probably not being sold illegally to school kids. This crop has a definite street value. I think he should be allowed not only a gun but be given a CCW as well, if for no other reason that now after he is been shown by the film at 11 types, he is now a target and needs a gun more than ever to protect himself.

CABilly
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Any depressant: alcohol

Any stimulant: caffeine

There are two substances right there that would probably preclude at least 70% of people from DROSing a gun (all statistics in this post are made up).

Better think twice before that 2nd or 3rd cuppa joe while you're chugging along at the office.