PDA

View Full Version : UOC????????

Mad Scotsman
02-06-2010, 4:06 PM
Saw this on another thread-"Overall OC should remain low/no profile till after incorporation and a CCW suit. At which point it becomes mostly irrelevant until it's time to challenge the LOC ban.
Most have elected to slow or stop UOC'ing until incorporation is established."

What is this incorporation? CCW suit?
My wife and I have a CCW class at the end of the month, does this affect CCW?
I have wanted to jump on the UOC bandwagon.
Someone please enlighten me.

Purple K
02-06-2010, 4:27 PM
Incorperation of the Second Amendment via the McDonald vs. Chicago case before the SCOTUS.

iRIGHTi
02-06-2010, 5:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chicago

it's almost March! :cool:

Gryff
02-06-2010, 6:43 PM
A brief (and probably bad) summary is that the Bill of Rights doesn't apply to us as citizens of individual states until a court ruling says it does. To date, the 2nd Amendment has never been ruled to apply to the individual states. Therefore as Californians, we do not have an innate right to "Keep and Bear Arms."

The Heller decision last year decided that the 2nd Amendment does mean that a United States citizen has a right to keep weapons for self-defense (and not just if you are in a militia). But since Heller applied to a resident of the District of Columbia, there still was no ruling that applied to the states.

McDonald, if it is ruled in his favor, will finally provide 2A incorporation.

If that happens, then Californians have a right to keep weapons for self-defense. Apparently, the California legislature will need to choose between a right to carry a loaded weapon openly (LOC) or carrying concealed. Since California has a predominance of sheeple in it, they will be too scared by the thought of all these loaded guns being visible, so the legislature will lean towards CCW.

Unloaded Open Carry is currently legal because there are no laws against it. The UOCers assert that it's a right, but it isn't. It is a legal situation that could change pretty quickly if enough voters decide that it is getting out of hand.

Personally, I don't know why I would want to carry a visible unloaded weapon, since it makes me a target for any dirtbag who wants to walk up behind me and cave my skull in with a pipe to get my gun. I don't leave my iPod visible in my car when I'm gone for similar reasons (doesn't do me any good, and makes a nice target for opportunists).

Librarian
02-06-2010, 7:28 PM
CCW suit?

See also the Calguns Foundation Wiki on Sykes v McGinness (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Sykes_v._McGinness).

Mad Scotsman
02-06-2010, 8:49 PM
Thank you. I have read all the links and am now majorly informed.