PDA

View Full Version : Gun store info: FUD or Fact?

ZombieTactics
02-05-2010, 8:10 PM
I was at a local store today and casually mentioned that Kahr, Taurus and Sig were all releasing CA-legal .380 pistols later this year. The clerk offered that "unless they were submitted BEFORE January 1, 2010" that they would certainly not be approved for the roster, due to the micro-stamping law taking effect.

Now, I know that the law was scheduled to take effect, but are they actually holding up new roster additions submitted after 01-01-2010 over a (as of yet, for all practical purposes) non-existent technology?

I sure appreciate an answer or opinion from someone who actually knows one way or the other.

Thanks

~~ ZT

Cokebottle
02-05-2010, 8:18 PM
FUD

Micro stamping will not take effect until the technology is available from more than one company.

hoffmang
02-05-2010, 8:26 PM
:fud:

I almost didn't have to read the post after reading the title of the thread...

-Gene

Librarian
02-05-2010, 8:30 PM
However, there are the issues of magazine-disconnect and loaded chamber indicators. I would be interested to see how that latter has been satisfied such that the guns may be added to the Roster.

MSO4MATT
02-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Funny, I also heard the same thing from a gun store clerk recently, along with "Winchester white box is the cleanest ammo around"...I just said Hmmmm and left.

M. Sage
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
:fud:

I almost didn't have to read the post after reading the title of the thread...

-Gene

Gun store and FUD go together like bacon and eggs.

Cokebottle
02-05-2010, 10:25 PM
It's really sad too.

"Fact" and "gunstore" in the same sentence is 50:1 odds
"FUD" and "gunstore" in the same sentence is pretty even odds
(present company certainly the exception)

RideIcon
02-06-2010, 11:52 AM
It's really sad too.

lmao! i was thinking the same thing

B Strong
02-06-2010, 12:03 PM
It's really sad too.

LOL! my sig is proven true yet again.

Lone_Gunman
02-06-2010, 2:16 PM
Gunstores are so full of FUD I'm suprised when I don't hear it. I don't even try to correct 'em most of the time. A few days ago when I picked up my XD 45C I grabed a box of ammo too. After paying I was gathering up my stuff to head for the door and the guy said "Remember, don't store the gun and ammo together." I just said OK and headed for the door. I'm not going to waste my time trying to argue laws with gunstore employees.

Cokebottle
02-06-2010, 5:07 PM
Gunstores are so full of FUD I'm suprised when I don't hear it. I don't even try to correct 'em most of the time.
Ditto.

Started DROS today on a gun for my wife. Everything was good until he got to the point about transportation.
Locked container. Okay, got it.
Child safety device installed :rolleyes:
Ammo in a separate locked container :rolleyes:

I gave him "the look" but didn't say a word.

The thing that bugged me was that I almost got the impression that he was saying that the child safety device alone was good enough as long as the gun and ammo were separated.

When we got home, I reminded her that the "child safety device" is her new helmet lock for the bike.

paintballergb
02-06-2010, 5:42 PM

That's the truth!

Every couple weeks I get a call from my buddy that goes like this.

Buddy: "So I was at (insert gunstore) and one of the guys said..."
Me: "STOP!......he is wrong"
Buddy: "....but he said"
Me: "No he is wrong"
Buddy: "Just let me finish"
Me: "Ok hurry"
Buddy: "The guy said blah blah blah......is that true?!"
Me: "No....bye" *click*

barrykay
02-06-2010, 8:42 PM

Same goes for many of the post here on Calguns.net
There is a gun store in the Bay Area that has stated "CalGuns.net members are not special so do not think you are.:mad:

Lone_Gunman
02-06-2010, 9:44 PM
Do they say that while selling OLLs? If they do they deserve a kick in the nuts.

tenpercentfirearms
02-07-2010, 7:03 AM
I wouldn't be too harsh on anyone that thought the law the went into effect on January 1, 2010 actually went into effect. I didn't learn about the microstamping being delayed until it is certified by the AG until the SHOT Show.

It is not a big jump to conclude that a law goes into effect on the date the legislation says. It is actually quite abnormal to think that the technology has to be certified by the AG before going into effect.