PDA

View Full Version : GOT a MAC 11 side cocker at Rifle Gear today!!

bubbapug1
02-05-2010, 4:48 PM
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/bubbapug1/macsidecocker.jpg

I picked up a MAC 11 side cocker at Rifle Gear today!! Whoa Whoa!!

Yes, its my third MAC..why three? I gotta top cocking unit, a mini top cocking unit, and now this side unit...again....Why three?

Because MAC's aren't just cool looking with a infamous reputation, they are also very good guns. They shoot well, they are accurate (6" barrel), and they are easy to shoot with a relatively good trigger. The internals of MACS are ultra simple and durable, no need to coddle it with care, its robust with a capital RRRRRRR....I want to go out on a limb and say they are better shooting than a glock in my opinion.

Why the rail? Well if they have one Achilles heel its the sights. The back sight is a hole, and picking up targets quickly with the sight is not super fast, although you can shoot this gun accurately with the sights, it does beg for a small red dot on the rail...

They also bump fire like a raped ape...

If and when the assault weapon ban comes back, and you know in the future it could happen, look for the MAC to suffer badly.

They have two left as of 2/5-2010 2:30 PM.

Happy hunting....

warbird
02-05-2010, 5:23 PM
where are they located and what was the price. I would probably have to purchase over the telephone if too far away and have it shipped.

bambam8d1
02-05-2010, 5:28 PM
sorry I have absolutely no knowledge about these... but now I want one... is that semi auto? and how much did it run you? I might need to go pick one up

bubbapug1
02-05-2010, 5:33 PM
They are located in Costa Mesa (mid orange county) almost where harbor blvd meets the 405.

Their website is www.riflegear.com

They are really a great place for tactical rifles, like AR's and the sig 556's they have hanging on the wall. While you are there check out the MAC in 45 acp...its a beast!!

alain209
02-05-2010, 5:36 PM
very nice. congrats!!!

strangerdude
02-05-2010, 6:15 PM
Yeah I saw them last time I was there, these guns are only fun when in full-auto but it's a nice piece to show off.

bubbapug1
02-05-2010, 6:32 PM
Yeah I saw them last time I was there, these guns are only fun when in full-auto but it's a nice piece to show off.

I respectfully disagree. I think they have a place in ones everyday HD arsenal and as a wonderful range gun. I also owned a bunch of hi cap mags for these guns so for me its an extra bonus as I can use them in the gun. They shoot well, as well as any other gun in the price range.

zman
02-05-2010, 8:46 PM
I picked up a MAC 11 side cocker at Rifle Gear today!! Whoa Whoa!!

Yes, its my third MAC..why three? I gotta top cocking unit, a mini top cocking unit, and now this side unit...

Cool! Can you please post a photo of the the regular Mac beside a mini Mac and a 1911 (or other handgun) for size comparison?

Is your newest one a 9mm? Post or PM price please :)

bohoki
02-05-2010, 9:12 PM
the one i fired stung my finger like a maddi ak built on a friday by century arms

in fact bumpfiring is the most comfortable way to fire it as long as you have a fake can to hold

do they make a slingshot cocker version?

bubbapug1
02-05-2010, 9:16 PM
Here's my other ones. I like the full size ones, but I also like the mini...hell, I like all of them! They all work fine. My mini is perhaps my favorite because its the most concealable.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/bubbapug1/macs.jpg

full size on top with no barrel extension - mini on bottom. I do have a MPA extension on the full size replacing the one supplied by rifle gear to meet Ca regulations at time of dros.

Video of first attempt to bump fire

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/bubbapug1/th_132010ssaminimacvideo.jpg (http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/bubbapug1/?action=view&current=132010ssaminimacvideo.flv)

zman
02-06-2010, 11:12 AM
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/bubbapug1/macs.jpg

Thanks! I would still love to see these beside a 1911 or an XD for size comparison (when you get the chance). And PM or post price please.

bubbapug1
02-06-2010, 4:03 PM
the full size unit is roughly the same size as a 1911.

bubbapug1
02-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey Jeff, why don't you start your own thread instead of trying to hijack mine all of the time!

I bought an Uzi from you but when it took you three days to get around to shipping it and than another month or two of constant unanswered emails (but you cashed my check day one) to get my AR mag I gave up on --- arms....plus SoCal buyers need to ship the guns into an FFL down near our houses for the not so insignificant fee of $50.00.. Not that Fresno isn't a nice place to take the family for scorching vacation in the summer....

You guys may be nice folks and all, but I've watched you jump in on my threads now three times, so please stop it...are you guys that hard up for biz you need to thread jump to poach biz?

corrupt
02-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Hey Jeff, why don't you start your own thread instead of trying to hijack mine all of the time!

I bought an Uzi from you but when it took you three days to get around to shipping it and than another month or two of constant unanswered emails (but you cashed my check day one) to get my AR mag I gave up on PRK arms....plus SoCal buyers need to ship the guns into an FFL down near our houses for the not so insignificant fee of $50.00.. Not that Fresno isn't a nice place to take the family for scorching vacation in the summer....

You guys may be nice folks and all, but I've watched you jump in on my threads now three times, so please stop it...are you guys that hard up for biz you need to thread jump to poach biz?

:confused: Did someone delete a/their post?

Anyway, i had not considered that one could legally use a pre-ban regular capacity magazine in these... interesting. I'm assuming this is because the magazine is not located outside of the grip (like on Dracos or AR pistols).

CHS
02-07-2010, 8:06 AM
Anyway, i had not considered that one could legally use a pre-ban regular capacity magazine in these... interesting. I'm assuming this is because the magazine is not located outside of the grip (like on Dracos or AR pistols).

MAC's are "featureless" semi-auto pistols. No mag outside the pistol grip, no threaded barrels, and no "barrel shrouds".

They can be used with hi-cap mags legally in California. Hi-cap, DETACHABLE mags even :)

The MPA's are pretty cool, but the .45 weighs 6 freaking pounds!!

veterosa
02-07-2010, 8:52 AM

I bought an Uzi from you but when it took you three days to get around to shipping it and than another month or two of constant unanswered emails (but you cashed my check day one) to get my AR mag I gave up on PRK arms....plus SoCal buyers need to ship the guns into an FFL down near our houses for the not so insignificant fee of $50.00.. Not that Fresno isn't a nice place to take the family for scorching vacation in the summer....

Wow.

bubbapug1
02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Mac's are really fun to shoot. They have good balance (at least the 9mm does) and a good trigger. Yes, there is trigger slap, but unless your shooting two matches a day with 300 rounds per match I wouldn't worry too much about it.

They are more accurate than their detractors say they are. They are not a spray and pray gun. I might be at On Target Tuesday evening. If anyone wants to try it bring your own ammo (please no reloads unless your a reloader of long experience) and 3 targets and you can run up to 30 rounds through the pistol. My full size is shooting a bit high, and I haven't filed down the front sight, but you will get the picture when you shoot tight groups.

I don't represent MPA, but I do think MPA has a nice gun with a lot of fun potential which is selling for a reasonable price. I think a lot of calgunners would enjoy owning one of these.

Drop me a PM and we will hook up. No gang bangers, far left or right wingers, or Al Quida members please....

Massappeal
02-07-2010, 1:05 PM
Love mine I got from riflegear!:D

LasVegasTaxMan
02-08-2010, 6:45 AM
Tagged to read legality response.

gunn
02-08-2010, 6:59 AM
Do you prefer the top or side cocker?

Z ME FLY
02-08-2010, 7:04 AM
Do you prefer the top or side cocker?

I don't have one yet but I would get a side cocker so you can put some optics on it.

bubbapug1
02-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Jeff - The guns are sold with a barrel extension...and are over 6" long...your statements are not factual and actually are an attempt to create financial and legal harm to another calguns member....

Riflegear
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
2. Is this an official Riflegear post? I didn't know linking to a better price was threadcrapping/theadjacking if it's not a "for sale" post. I'm not sure why my post was deleted as it broke no rule if you are not posting this on behalf of riflegear. If there is a better deal out there for the same product, then I don't think two different threads are warranted when one will do.

Bubbapug is a customer of ours. His posts are his own. Riflegear neither encourages them nor dissuades them, though we always appreciate the positive comments.

As far as posting about better prices elsewhere, this is not our thread so we have no say in that matter.

3. Riflegear illegally transferred (or is transfering) MPAs as single shots. (MPA full size 9mm barrel length is 5.5in while the roster exemption requires 6in+). I just think there are better places to deal with for the same product.

We do not appreciate the implication that we did anything illegal willfully and with malice, as your post suggests.

We are currently recalling a very small batch of MPA pistols to deal with roster-compliance due to MPA pistol specifications being misrepresented during dealings with MPA.

MPA advertises the MPA30 series and MPA10 series as having a 6" barrel. They also list this as the official spec in the manual and for spare parts. In dealing with MPA over the phone, guns were specifically ordered with 6" barrels.

When this error was discovered, Riflegear was not notified in a private and friendly manner, but instead was flamed in public by yourself and others who seem to believe that we did this with malicious intent, based on the tone of the messages and interaction. Posts were deleted because this is very bad form, especially for a PUBLIC forum which has been known to be frequented by DoJ agents.

Again, the small batch of pistols originally sold (4 guns in total) are currently being recalled and there is no legal issue with any guns going forward.

I hope this is enough to put this matter to bed, and I would like to apologize to Bubbapug for intruding on his thread.

Kestryll
02-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Jeff, if you have concerns about legality of something posted on Calguns bring it to the attention of the Staff.
Trolling threads is NOT the way to handle it and frankly I'm going to have to tell you this via PM as you are not going to be seeing the Marketplace for a while.

bubbapug1
02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
To answer the side or top cocking question I need to get my side cocking gun later next week to tell you exactly what I think.

I think it will be nice to have a top rail to mount optics on it as the gun is well suited with the long barrel. Its a shame to have an accurate gun with iron sights if it can reach out to 50 yards. I'm older, so I can't see out to 50 yards, so this just may be a crutch for us old farts...but for those who shoot with red dots on race guns...this is a good option to have. There is a reason why you get bumped classes when you go with a red dot...because they work, kind of like steroids in sports, they wouldn't be illegal if they didn't work.

You can buy a top cocking gun and buy a spare side cocking upper and switch back and forth, the mini comes apart in like 20 seconds...

The extra upper runs about $140.00

grammaton76
02-08-2010, 12:02 PM
For what it's worth, guys - JeffM is affiliated with PRK Arms at least as closely as I am affiliated with CWS - he's known to work their tables at gun shows. Don't know if he works at their shop or not. And until Riflegear came along, I believe they were the main public vendor for MAC's in CA. The difference is, I have the ethics to actually disclose it when recommending CWS products.

You can connect the dots as to WHY JeffM might want to cast FUD on another vendor selling MAC's. There is a consistent and repeated pattern of behaviour from him steering people at PRK's products without disclosing his affiliation, but this is the first time he's been blatantly slinging FUD.

I'm not casting anything at PRK, as I don't know if he's being encouraged in this behavior. He could well be just be an overzealous fan here.

Normally I wouldn't go stirring up stuff, but his actions in this thread are making disclosure necessary.

bubbapug1
02-08-2010, 2:23 PM
Let's all just forget about this supplier stuff and agree MAC's are great...and Uzi's are great...and AR's are beyond great...and 1911's are great...and glocks are just OK....(that should stir the bee hive!!)

Really, we are all on the same team here. The pie is big enough for everybody.

Z ME FLY
02-08-2010, 2:26 PM
Damn bubba! how many macs are you going to have when you pick up the new one? 3 yeah? What's more fun the full size or mini? I like the looks for the mini personally but never shot one... yet

CHS
02-08-2010, 2:40 PM
Damn bubba! how many macs are you going to have when you pick up the new one? 3 yeah? What's more fun the full size or mini? I like the looks for the mini personally but never shot one... yet

He doesn't have an MPA10 (.45) yet :)

BONECUTTER
02-08-2010, 2:44 PM

Maybe he is like me and needs to hit the gym for a month before he can handle that beast.... :D That thing is just beefy :43:

spdrcr
02-08-2010, 2:58 PM

Like many of us, he probably can't afford to feed it. ;)

bubbapug1
02-08-2010, 4:53 PM
Not as beefy as an Uzi "mini" pistol....not even close.

I think my favorite one is the min mac, it just fits my hands best

Z ME FLY
02-08-2010, 5:46 PM
Next time if you make a video, try to make it closer, I wanna see that thing fire!

bambam8d1
02-08-2010, 8:04 PM
how much those run?

Z ME FLY
02-08-2010, 8:14 PM
how much those run?

It really depends on which model you want. The base model with the top cocker is $450-500

bubbapug1
02-09-2010, 6:44 AM
Next time if you make a video, try to make it closer, I wanna see that thing fire!

Will do captain...

Z ME FLY
02-09-2010, 8:55 AM
Will do captain...

Thanks!

Gotta be a blast having those macs!

bubbapug1
02-09-2010, 9:03 AM
Like many of us, he probably can't afford to feed it. ;)

Well I am a bohemian from Cicero Illinois so shooting 22lr makes me cringe, but I do shoot 45 acp in my HK USC's and my 1911.

I reload, so its less expensive, and thanks to Denver Duck and tools to teach selling me tons of bullets cheap its not too bad.

Bullet = 11cents
Primer = 3 cents
Casing = save your brass baby
Powder = 2 cents a round

11 + 3 + 2 = 16 cents a round....

I have three dillons, one for each MAC....:eek:

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/bubbapug1/3dillonsinarow.jpg

Let me add this = You cannot go wrong buying a dillon. After ten years you can sell it for what you paid for it. The best palce to buy a dillon is off of craigslist. Even in todays day and age folks still have no clue what Dillons are worth. I bought two dillons on craigs list for $250.00 each, one had two sets of RCB carbide dies.

Does reloading save you cash? Absolutly not....why not? Because you shoot three times more with the idea the ammo is "cheaper".

But you do have more fun!

bubbapug1
02-11-2010, 6:25 PM
btt