PDA

View Full Version : kid possibly selling stolen guns

steelrain82
02-05-2010, 12:30 AM
ok so some kid was asking around if anyone wanted to buy one of two hot guns. there has been a string of killings lately close to where i live and would rather those guns be off the street but at the same time if i was to notify le it might get someone killed. or seriously hurt. kind of wondering maybe its a sting or really hot guns.

edit: story is shortened. dont know who this killed told except for the person that they were telling it to sodont want it to come back on them.

freonr22
02-05-2010, 12:31 AM
notify and let it work itself out...

Scratch705
02-05-2010, 12:51 AM
notify the cops, and they will either setup a UC or just bag him

forgiven
02-05-2010, 3:15 AM
How much?:rolleyes:

AndrewMendez
02-05-2010, 3:20 AM
How much?:rolleyes:

Its not stolen, it fell of a truck! Good to Go!

BroncoBob
02-05-2010, 5:56 AM
Found in a plastic bag on the beach. Must have fallen overboard in a boating accident:rolleyes:

RRangel
02-05-2010, 6:20 AM
ok so some kid was asking around if anyone wanted to buy one of two hot guns. there has been a string of killings lately close to where i live and would rather those guns be off the street but at the same time if i was to notify le it might get someone killed. or seriously hurt. kind of wondering maybe its a sting or really hot guns.

edit: story is shortened. dont know who this killed told except for the person that they were telling it to sodont want it to come back on them.

Instead of calling your local police you post on an internet forum? Someone's going to get killed? Your post doesn't make sense.

tenpercentfirearms
02-05-2010, 6:33 AM
The Internet is anonymous. I use a fake name so no one will know my real name.

chessknt
02-05-2010, 7:20 AM
The Internet is anonymous. I use a fake name so no one will know my real name.

Your signature does a number on any anonymity you may have had.

taloft
02-05-2010, 7:49 AM

edit: story is shortened. dont know who this killed told except for the person that they were telling it to sodont want it to come back on them.What is the point of your post? If you're asking what to do, the answer is obvious. Selling stolen firearms is illegal, notify the police and let them handle it.

You can do this anonymously if you feel you or another might be in danger from doing so. Criminals seldom only offer hot merchandise to one party, as a result they can't be sure who turned them in.

If it is a sting, then you only get popped if you're stupid enough to commit a crime. This part of your post makes me wonder at your real intent.

In future postings try to be as concise as possible. We can't help you if we don't understand what you're asking.

Pyrodyne
02-05-2010, 8:09 AM
The only valid advice I see here is to notify law enforcement. You could buy the firearms yourself and turn them in, but you would be breaking the law, putting yourself at risk, and empowering a criminal with more money.

Just notify law enforcement about the problem and give them as many details as you have on the seller himself.

steelrain82
02-05-2010, 8:25 AM
ok yeah it was late when i posted it. it made sense in my tired mind. this kid is a homie or wannabe and hangs out with real homies. he told my brother. i want to call the cops but at the same time i dont want to put my brother in any jeopardy. the kid knows where my family lives for that matter. i dont want to buy anything. i figure hes probably asked others but with my luck id call the cops and the only person hed probably asked is my brother. especially with kids killing kids for no apparent reason these last 2 weeks according to the police. ive lost enough friends and really dont want to lose my brother

dantodd
02-05-2010, 8:32 AM
Your signature does a number on any anonymity you may have had.

your post does a number of any credibility for recognizing sarcasm you may have had.

taloft
02-05-2010, 9:43 AM
Unless your brother saw the firearm there is a good chance that the gang kid doesn't have the firearm. Usually, younger gang members will front for older gang members. This means that even if they arrest the kid they probably won't get the gun, unless he were to roll over on the older gang member which is very unlikely.

I understand your concerns about your brother. Gangs are not something to screw around with. If he is having contact with gang members, then you should be concerned. I'd have a serious talk with him about associating with scumbags. In my opinion he is in more jeopardy from being around gang members than he would be from you calling the police. This is especially true if there is a gang war going on in your neighborhood. I stand by my original advice. You should contact the PD and ask to speak with someone in the local gang unit. Lay out all your concerns and let them handle it from there.

popngen
02-05-2010, 9:59 AM
I applaud the fact that you're on calguns, because that shows that you're making some kind of effort to become a responsible, an educated gun owner... well at least I'm assuming.

I would hope that your brother would understand that of you when you try to sort this out, and that he would also disassociate from gang bangers.

I also hope that you understand that he is also a liability to you now that you know more about firearms than you did prior to joining calguns.