PDA

View Full Version : 10 day wait on FFL sale?

1911 crazed
02-03-2010, 3:21 PM
If I decide to sale a rifle does the purchaser need to wait 10 days? Or do we just go and visit the FFL he fill out the paper work and he gets to go home with his new rifle? Or does he need to wait 10 days before the release the gun to him?

Thanks for your help

wildhawker
02-03-2010, 3:21 PM
Sorry to say, 10 day jail.

1911 crazed
02-03-2010, 3:23 PM
thanks, that is what we thought.

boxbro
02-03-2010, 3:44 PM
If you are both residents of AZ then you can do a face to face sale, no FFL required.

wildhawker
02-03-2010, 3:45 PM
If you are both residents of AZ then you can do a face to face sale, no FFL required.

Good point, I made an assumption that may be incorrect if they are both AZ residents and the transaction takes place in AZ.

pepsi2451
02-03-2010, 3:49 PM
If it happens to be a long gun over 50 years old I believe you can sell it without even using an FFL

SurferStevo
02-03-2010, 8:25 PM
Good point, I made an assumption that may be incorrect if they are both AZ residents and the transaction takes place in AZ.

It's your property. As far as i know you can just treat it like if you sold him anything else (a tire, a loaf of bread, whatever...). Now if you know that the person is not a resident or is a prohibited person (felon) then that's illegal.
I think this myth is based on the "gun show loop hole" which permits this by law & it's not a loop hole but the anti-gunners call it so that they can advance their agenda to ban all private sales.

ke6guj
02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
It's your property. As far as i know you can just treat it like if you sold him anything else (a tire, a loaf of bread, whatever...). Now if you know that the person is not a resident or is a prohibited person (felon) then that's illegal.if it is not a long gun over 50-years old, then CA law requires all person-to-person firearms transfers be facilitiated through a dealer. What exactly are you saying?

I think this myth is based on the "gun show loop hole" which permits this by law & it's not a loop hole but the anti-gunners call it so that they can advance their agenda to ban all private sales.that is someting that does not exist in CA, since CA law already requires most private sales go throguh a dealer.

SurferStevo
02-04-2010, 7:54 AM
I just made a mistake....I just recently gave a rifle to my wife no paperwork required. but you are correct & I am wrong. Here is a link to the FAQ at the CA DOJ website. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php
Good thing I didn't sell it to a buddy instead.

M. Sage
02-04-2010, 8:49 AM
I just made a mistake....I just recently gave a rifle to my wife no paperwork required. but you are correct & I am wrong. Here is a link to the FAQ at the CA DOJ website. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php
Good thing I didn't sell it to a buddy instead.

Your spouse is a no-transfer transfer. Community property...