PDA

View Full Version : New LBPD Chief

lbdrummer3
02-03-2010, 3:45 PM
Today, City Manager Pat West announced his decision to hire former LAPD Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell as our new Chief of Police. McDonnell is a 28 year veteran of the Los Angeles department, and a Long Beach resident.

I couldn't find anything on him. Does anyone know if this good or bad for our 2A rights in LB.

yellowfin
02-03-2010, 3:49 PM
Based on where he's coming from, my guess would be bad.

strangerdude
02-03-2010, 3:59 PM
I don't think LB will ever have a pro2A Police Chief. Even though there is a murder almost every other day if not once a week they still wouldn't give us 2A rights, I would not mind a ccw.

My375hp302
02-03-2010, 4:04 PM
Today, City Manager Pat West announced his decision to hire former LAPD Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell as our new Chief of Police. McDonnell is a 28 year veteran of the Los Angeles department, and a Long Beach resident.

I couldn't find anything on him. Does anyone know if this good or bad for our 2A rights in LB.

I'm betting that you answered your own question...

radioburning
02-03-2010, 4:20 PM
Strangerdude, did you take that picture of Houghton, in your avatar?

strangerdude
02-03-2010, 4:23 PM
Strangerdude, did you take that picture of Houghton, in your avatar?

Yeah at the skate park in 07', the original art is crossed out and tagged up by little crap face tagging crews.

radioburning
02-03-2010, 4:28 PM
Yeah, I remember when all the graf used to look clean. If you've ever been there and seen a really tall white guy that sort of looks like Tony Hawk, skates pretty good, that's my roomate. We skate there pretty regularly. If you ever see us, come up and say hi. I'm always down to hang out with fellow calgunners.

strangerdude
02-03-2010, 4:35 PM
Yeah, I remember when all the graf used to look clean. If you've ever been there and seen a really tall white guy that sort of looks like Tony Hawk, skates pretty good, that's my roomate. We skate there pretty regularly. If you ever see us, come up and say hi. I'm always down to hang out with fellow calgunners.

For sure, I really don't go there anymore even though I'm a mile away. Do you know Lonnie? He's an older Caucasian dude in his late 30's who is bad *** on the bike. He's my neighbor.

VW*Mike
02-03-2010, 4:37 PM
LB is my home town. I hate being annexed in south OC. I used to live on 4th and Orange by the Pizza hut with bullet proof glass and Ferns. I liked my neighborhood, but it is was dangerous, and I could here gunshots all the time. I slept much better with my Mossberg next to my bed. I slept much better growing up by El Dorado Park though........

radioburning
02-03-2010, 4:52 PM
For sure, I really don't go there anymore even though I'm a mile away. Do you know Lonnie? He's an older Caucasian dude in his late 30's who is bad *** on the bike. He's my neighbor.

Not ringing a bell, but I'll keep an eye out.

radioburning
02-03-2010, 4:55 PM
LB is my home town. I hate being annexed in south OC. I used to live on 4th and Orange by the Pizza hut with bullet proof glass and Ferns. I liked my neighborhood, but it is was dangerous, and I could here gunshots all the time. I slept much better with my Mossberg next to my bed. I slept much better growing up by El Dorado Park though........

So many nights at Fern's. And the Red Room. And the V-Room. And O'connells, Clancy's, Reno Room, alex's...