PDA

View Full Version : AR15barrels.com shop services

ar15barrels
02-03-2010, 2:16 PM
AR Type Rifle Work

Tear down and re-assemble your upper $40
All barrel machine work requires the barrel to be removed from the upper receiver. If you are not outfitted to do this yourself, we can handle it for you. If you only have 1 or 2 rifles, it's probably not worth buying the tools. If you have several rifles and you feel you are mechanically inclined, I would encourage you to get the barrel wrench, torque wrench, pin punches etc and do it yourself.

Barrel Threading $30
This is the most commonly requested service. The barrel gets mounted in the lathe with a live center in the muzzle. The muzzle gets turned down to the required size and then threads are cut with a single point tool. This ensures that the threads will be perfectly concentric and parallel to the bore. After the threads are done and deburred, a new crown is cut to eliminate the damage caused by the live center. Other shops would consider this a 'precision' threading job. I do the standard thread sizes, 1/2-28 or 5/8-24, with verification from my gauges and tooling. Other sizes will require the precision threading service below. The threaded area will be finished with touchup bluing. Picture (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/threads.jpg).

Precision Barrel Threading $50
This is a more specialized threading service required when the typical threading above will not handle the job. The barrel gets mounted in the lathe with a live center in the muzzle. The muzzle gets turned down to the required size and then threads are cut with a single point tool. This ensures that the threads will be perfectly concentric and parallel to the bore. After the threads are done and deburred, a new crown is cut to eliminate the damage caused by the live center. I can turn any of the common thread sizes such as 1/2-28, 9/16-24 or 5/8-24 to a specified pitch diameter. If you are mounting a sound suppressor, the manufacturer will usually specify a pitch diameter or mating thread class fit. I can also turn any other thread size you could ever need as long as I have a mating part or a similarly threaded part to measure. This includes 1/2-36 as used on 9mm, 9/16-24 or any of the 28 TPI sizes like 9/16-28 or 3/4-28 etc. The threaded area will be finished with touchup bluing on chromoly barrels.

Shorten Barrel and Thread Muzzle $45
This service includes shortening the barrel to any length you specify and normal threading to 1/2-28 or 5/8-24 and re-cutting the crown. Machined areas will be finished with touchup bluing. Opening up the gas port for proper function at your new barrel length is also included. Picture (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/cut-thread.jpg) Picture 2 (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/10inchlw.jpg) Picture3 (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/9mm-cut-thread.jpg)

Remove Permanently Attached Muzzle Device $25
This service includes machining away your old muzzle device and cleaning up the threads to prep the muzzle for a new muzzle device to be permanently attached. In most cases, the old muzzle device will be destroyed so it will not be salvageable.

Permanently Attach Muzzle Device $30
This service includes drilling through the installed muzzle device and into the barrel, installing a blind pin, welding over the end of the pin and machining the surface of the weld to match the profile of the muzzle device. This does not include barrel threading. This service is required to convert a 14.5" M4 barrel into a legal 16"+ barrel length. Machined areas will be finished with touchup blue where applicable. Picture (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/perm-vortex.jpg) Picture2 (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/perm-attach.jpg)

Shorten and Crown $25
This service includes shortening the barrel to any length you specify and re-cutting the crown as described below. Barrels that have been radically shortened will also require gas port work priced elsewhere. The crown face will be finished with touchup bluing where applicable.

Crown Job $15
Many poor shooting barrels can be traced to problems with the crown. The crown needs to be absolutely perpendicular to the bore. When the bullet leaves the bore, gas is released at very high pressure all the way around the bullet's base. If the crown were uneven, gas would release on one side first and this tends to disturb the bullet just as it sent on it's way downrange. Obviously this will show up as poor accuracy. Try this inexpensive service before you abandon a barrel that seems to be poor shooting. I use a specially ground high relief angle tool that only gets used for crowns and it gets re-sharpened before every job. The tool is pulled straight out from the bore so that no burrs are created at the end of the bore. The bore-crown junction will be flat, with a radius about half way out on the crown face. This creates a slightly recessed crown job. The crown face will be finished with touchup bluing where applicable. Picture (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/making12.jpg)

Compensator Indexing $20
The typical method to index a compensator to the barrel involves the use of peel washers or crush washers. Neither method leaves a nicely finished look. This service is purely cosmetic, but it's one of those small details that you come to appreciate on custom rifles. I can index a muzzle device to your existing barrel by facing off the rear of the muzzle device, or by facing off the barrel torque shoulder if the barrel will already be in the lathe for other operations. Simple facing of the muzzle device does not require the barrel to be removed from the upper. I will add touchup bluing where appropriate.

Compensator Re-Threading & Re-Boring $20
Typical Flash hiders are threaded 1/2-28 internally. 1/2-28 threads are not appropriate on barrels larger than 6mm I typically recommend 9/16-24 or 5/8-24 for barrels with larger bores Typical military flash hiders have two grooves on the outside that only allow them to be opened up to 9/16-24 The minor diameter at the bottom of the grooves is 5/8" and opening them to 5/8-24 causes them to break in half. Aftermarket compensators come in many different sizes and many can be re-bored and re-threaded to work on larger calibers. Internal threads will be left unfinished.

ar15barrels
02-03-2010, 2:17 PM
AR Type Rifle Work Continued

Partial Barrel Profiling $40
This service is to turn your heavy barrel down to any lighter profile you specify. This includes the diameter under the handguards or the diameter from the front sight base forward. I can turn any kind of profile that includes basic straight cylinders and short tapers not to exceed about 2" in length. This service does not provide for changing the gas block seat diameter. This service can be combined with basic threading to turn a heavy 'post ban' barrel into a medium weight 'no-ban' barrel without the need for a tapered bushing to support the muzzle device. Machined areas will be left unfinished.
Picture (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/partial-profile.jpg) Picture 2 (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/10inchlw.jpg)

Full Barrel Profiling $75
This service is to turn your heavy barrel down to any lighter profile you specify. This includes the diameter under the handguards and the diameter from the front sight base forward. I can turn any kind of profile that includes basic straight cylinders and short tapers not to exceed about 2" in length. This service also provides for changing the gas block seat diameter from 0.940" down to 0.750". This service can be combined with basic threading to turn a heavy 'post ban' barrel into a lightweight 'no-ban' barrel without the need for a tapered bushing to support the muzzle device. Machined areas will be left unfinished. Picture (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/perm-phantom.jpg)

Blast and Parkerize $35
Any profiling work that is visible will generally require the barrel to be blasted and parkerized. This also fixes barrels that were parkerized with the front sight base assembled instead of separately. Barrel threading and crowning can generally be touched up with simple touchup bluing, but the finish does not match parkerizing. If your barrel has a few scratches and you just want it to look new again, this is what you need. Picture (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/perm-phantom.jpg) Picture 2 (http://www.ar15barrels.com/gfx/10inchlw.jpg)

ar15barrels
02-03-2010, 2:33 PM
Bolt Action Rifle Work

Tear down and rebuild a bolt action rifle $40
Any bolt action rifle that's going to have barrel work done will need to have the scope and scope rail removed from the action as well as the action removed from the stock. This service includes removing all old loctite and chasing the original threads with a tap as needed. This also covers the re-installation of the scope rail and scope to the action after the barrel work is done.

Barrel threading on bolt action rifles $100
This service includes removing the barrel from the action, threading the muzzle, re-cutting the crown, indexing a muzzle device on the barrel and re-installing the barrel on the action.

Shorten and thread barrel on bolt action rifles $120
This service includes removing the barrel from the action, cutting to the specified length, threading the muzzle, re-cutting the crown, indexing a muzzle device on the barrel and re-installing the barrel on the action.

Bolt action trigger work $20 to $30
This is a basic trigger job for most bolt action rifles with adjustable triggers. It includes a lightweight replacement spring on old style 700 triggers. We will reduce the creep, pull weight and overtravel as much as possible while keeping the trigger safe. This service will also apply to swapping out the factory trigger for an aftermarket trigger, but does not include any parts.

Mount and bore-sight scope on a bolt action rifle $30
This includes installing the scope mount to the action with loctite and proper screw torque, determining optimum eye relief, installing and properly torquing rings to the rail, aligning scope in rings and properly torquing ring caps and a 50yd bore sight.

Mount, lap and bore-sight scope on a bolt action rifle $60
This includes installing the scope mount to the action with loctite and proper screw torque, determining optimum eye relief, installing and properly torquing rings to the rail, lapping scope rings to ensure perfect ring alignment, aligning scope in rings and properly torquing ring caps and a 50yd bore sight.

Oversized bolt knob $60
I cut off the original bolt knob and weld a threaded stud to the bolt handle. This service includes a basic black anodized Badger style bolt knob. Picture (http://ar15barrels.com/gfx/bolt-knobs.jpg)

Receiver and Bolt Truing $350
The receiver's bolt raceway is bored to 0.705", then indicated to within +/- 0.0001" concentricity in the lathe so that the lugs and front face can be cut true and the threads single point chased until they are perfectly concentric to the bolt raceway. The bolt gets setup true so that the lugs and breechface can be re-cut. The firing pin hole gets bushed to 0.062" and the firing pin diameter is turned down to fit. I weld on bumps at the rear of the bolt to remove excess play within the receiver.

Rebarreling $250
This includes fitting a customer supplied barrel blank to a customer's receiver. The barrel blank will be dialed in to +/- 0.0001" concentricty, threaded to fit the action with minimum play and chambered with any of my standard reamers or a customer provided reamer. The muzzle will be crowned or a customer provided muzzle brake can also be fitted at the same time.

ar15barrels
02-03-2010, 2:39 PM
Shotgun Work

ar15barrels
02-03-2010, 2:39 PM
Pistol Work

wilafur
02-03-2010, 3:33 PM
randall, did you get my pm re: castle nut help?

AlliedArmory
02-03-2010, 3:38 PM
I will be seeing you soon. Need to get "Permanently Attach Muzzle Device" & "Blast and Parkerize" done on some items

ojisan
02-03-2010, 4:02 PM
For those who do not know him, Randall really knows his stuff and has a million different special tools and fixtures to do the job right the first time.
Considering all the special tools and operations needed for these jobs, the prices above strike me as a real bargain.

Plus, he does it while you wait if you make arrangements up front.
The calendar on his shop wall does say August 2008, but you being there in person moves the "gunsmith-time-warp" up to "now".

If I could only get him to wear safety glasses when his nose is 2 inches from the cutting bits....

DirtRacer151
02-03-2010, 4:06 PM
If I could only get him to wear safety glasses when his nose is 2 inches from the cutting bits....

nahh... safety glasses are over rated :p

+1 for Randalls work!!

hkuspc40
02-03-2010, 4:16 PM
Randall does awesome work. He worked on two of my Colt HB uppers. Work includes removing FSB, threading barrel to accomodate flash-hiders, installing DD RIS II and Troy TRX Xtreme, installing new gas blocks. Prices are VERY reasonable. Keep up the good work and stay in CA Randall!

Hopi
02-03-2010, 4:21 PM
I will personally vouch for his work. He has built a couple of ARs for me, and has done some custom barrel work.

Highly recommended!!!

wilafur
02-03-2010, 4:39 PM
thanks randall. see you tomorrow.

BroncoBob
02-03-2010, 6:34 PM
Excellent work on my CMMG upper.

xm177
02-03-2010, 8:05 PM
Randall is the only gunsmith I go to now. He's about an hour away but well worth it. My highest recommendation. :D

jchen76@gmail.com
02-03-2010, 8:19 PM
+1 for Randall. He scratch built my former AR Pistol upper from hodgepodge of parts from different manufacturers. It was 100% reliable.

Diesel70
02-03-2010, 9:34 PM
It was a long drive with really bad traffic, but the end result was worth the trip. His work is first rate. Complete build of my AR in about an hour. Prices were extremely reasonable. I highly recommend his services.

imtnt10
02-03-2010, 9:38 PM
I had some excellent 10/22 work done by him.....I drove over an hour to get there. Would do it again!!!

5150Marcelo
02-03-2010, 9:41 PM
Shorten and thread barrel on bolt action rifles $150
This service includes removing the barrel from the action, cutting to the specified length, threading the muzzle, re-cutting the crown, indexing a muzzle device on the barrel and re-installing the barrel on the action.

Just waitin on the brake.

aplinker
02-03-2010, 11:11 PM
If Randall is an option, he's the right choice.

sv_1
02-04-2010, 7:58 AM
Is your ffl on order? Shipping would be much cheaper than driving!

97F1504RAD
02-04-2010, 8:03 AM

I agree.

I will wait for this to send my rifle. Have heard to many good things to bother with looking for anyone else at this point.

marxdspot
02-04-2010, 8:31 AM
AR15barrels.com does excellent work. The gentleman knows his stuff...seriously!

By the way, I've got something that needs work, AR15barrels, PM inbound. Thanks.

ar15barrels
02-04-2010, 8:41 AM

Nope, not until I leave LA.
I have had guys drive down here from as far as Stockton.

madmike
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I can ship you just an upper, right? You don't need an FFL for that do you?

-madmike.

aplinker
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
You can ship anything that doesn't have a receiver.

Well... not anything. :D

If you're waiting for him to get an FFL... :gene:

freonr22
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I am ALWAYS amazed at the depth of Randall's posts. What an asset to the community

ar15barrels
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I am ALWAYS amazed at the depth of Randall's posts. What an asset to the community

Tell Kestryll that next time I'm banned. ;)

volcanic
02-04-2010, 4:58 PM
Randall did barrel cut / permanent attach jobs on a couple of superlight barrels for me and a buddy about a month ago.

Did the work real quick while we waited.

Nice guy and the work is great.

Frijolito1988
02-04-2010, 5:07 PM
I can vouch for Randall, great work, wont dissapoint.

And I cannot stress this enough, tip him with SKOR BARS

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj297/frijolito1988/FUNNY/skor.jpg

MikeR
02-04-2010, 6:34 PM
Will you dimple a barrel?

PistolPete75
02-04-2010, 7:14 PM
I can vouch for Randall, great work, wont dissapoint.

And I cannot stress this enough, tip him with SKOR BARS

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj297/frijolito1988/FUNNY/skor.jpg

He likes Tito's tacos too. :o)

Sick Boy
02-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Randall, could you cut M4 feedramps into a Larue upper for me?

I want one to match my 13.2 rail, but the stripped uppers don't come with them cut in.

ar15barrels
02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Randall, could you cut M4 feedramps into a Larue upper for me?

I want one to match my 13.2 rail, but the stripped uppers don't come with them cut in.

Yes.
$15.

SuperSet
02-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Randall, Since you've got Shotgun Work out there too, let me know when you could help with my FN SLP.

264charlie
02-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Radall's work is 2nd to none. I don't work on guns anymore. I not only get it done correctly the first time I always learn something new and have fun hanging out.

+1 for Randall's work.

Flux Capacitor
02-04-2010, 11:17 PM
when r u going to start doing barrels from scratch again?

ar15barrels
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
when r u going to start doing barrels from scratch again?

I don't know that I ever will.
If I do, it will only be high end barrels priced out of the realm of most customers to reduce the amount of work I would take-on.

Benelli Boy
02-04-2010, 11:59 PM
How close is he to Tito's?

ar15barrels
02-05-2010, 12:04 AM
How close is he to Tito's?

0.8 miles

wilafur
02-05-2010, 10:59 AM
randall is an awesome guy. A+++.

thanks for your help and the great advice!

Jeffu
02-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Randall, I just shipped the 2 x Colt uppers to you this morning, hope they arrive safely. Thanks!

nick
02-05-2010, 1:06 PM
No AK work? :)

ar15barrels
02-06-2010, 9:16 PM
No AK work? :)

No press or fixtures.

MikeR
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Will you dimple a barrel?

^^^

ar15barrels
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
^^^

This question was ignored on purpose.

fcr
02-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Tito's wouldn't make the .8 miles with me.

MikeR
02-07-2010, 1:12 AM
This question was ignored on purpose.

Irony

NSR500
02-08-2010, 2:14 AM
Randall,

How much for a LaRue lo-pro gas block installation using taper pin(s)? The barrel will not be on the upper.

ar15barrels
02-08-2010, 8:02 AM
Randall,

How much for a LaRue lo-pro gas block installation using taper pin(s)? The barrel will not be on the upper.

$20.

ar15barrels
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I have a 14.5 upper with fixed hider. I'm not sure if gas port was in spec for 14.5 so I want to send it to you. I want to confirm that there'll be no need for the permanent hider to be removed.

If it has standard handguards, then there's no need to pull the flash hider off.
If it has a rail system covering a low profile gas block, there's a good chance the whole thing needs to come apart.

supermario
02-09-2010, 11:31 PM
I used him once and now i wont go anyplace else
Great fast work.. Great prices, cant go wrong.

Shawn L
02-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Randall how much total for the Removal of Permanently Attached Muzzle Device $25 and Permanently Attach Muzzle Device $25 and install the Daniel Defense OMEGA-X 12.0 FSP Rail? And how long will it take if I brought it to you? Would you need me to bring a DD wrench or do you have one?

ar15barrels
02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Randall how much total for the Removal of Permanently Attached Muzzle Device $25 and Permanently Attach Muzzle Device $25 and install the Daniel Defense OMEGA-X 12.0 FSP Rail? And how long will it take if I brought it to you? Would you need me to bring a DD wrench or do you have one?

$25 to remove a permanent muzzle device
$40 to tear down and rebuild the upper to install the Omega-X rail.
$25 to permanent attach another muzzle device

It's about an hour job, less if we don't spend too much time talking. ;)
I have the wrench.

Shawn L
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Sounds good! Now I need to find sometime to get out there. I'll PM you when I'm ready.

scewper
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I've got a beater stag barrel that has a canted fsb. Possible to straighten out the barrel extension?

DRM6000
02-11-2010, 12:43 PM
what is your current turnaround time for opening up a gas port?

ar15barrels
02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I've got a beater stag barrel that has a canted fsb. Possible to straighten out the barrel extension?

There's a 99% chance that the FSB and barrel are fine and it's just the assembly or the upper receiver.

ar15barrels
02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
what is your current turnaround time for opening up a gas port?

My general turn-around time for most jobs that don't require refinishing is 2 weeks.
This is not necessarily because of the difficulty of the work, but a combination of prior jobs that are sitting here and that I only ship once or twice a week.

scewper
02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I had a local gunshop remove the barrel, fsb, and flash hider. I didn't have the tools at the time. IIRC it wasn't the reciever. The gas port doesn't line up with the notch on the extension. I'll have to look when I get home.

OneNcustdy
02-15-2010, 10:15 AM
I am in the process of sending you my barrel for threading (Colt Comp/HBAR II W/Target Crown) and install on Muzzle Brake. Do you have Muzzle brakes in stock, or do I need to purchase one to send in with my barrel.
Thanks,

Jeffu
02-15-2010, 10:31 AM
I am in the process of sending you my barrel for threading (Colt Comp/HBAR II W/Target Crown) and install on Muzzle Brake. Do you have Muzzle brakes in stock, or do I need to purchase one to send in with my barrel.
Thanks,

I think he likes the muzzle brakes included in the package you send him

ar15barrels
02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks,

Please include all parts that are necessary for the job unless you have specifically talked with me about supplying parts.
I'm getting away with dealing in parts due to the time it takes to inventory and re-supply so many different items.

OneNcustdy
02-15-2010, 1:49 PM
Before I purchase a muzzle brake, you wouldn't happen to have anymore of the Phantom 5C1 instock, If so I would just ask to purchase that and have it included on the install. I already filled out the work order I just need to disasemble the rifle and ship the barrel.

ar15barrels
02-15-2010, 2:05 PM
Before I purchase a muzzle brake, you wouldn't happen to have anymore of the Phantom 5C1 instock, If so I would just ask to purchase that and have it included on the install. I already filled out the work order I just need to disasemble the rifle and ship the barrel.

I don't have any 5M1's or 5C1's.
I have standard phantoms and 5C2's.

OneNcustdy
02-15-2010, 2:23 PM
I'll tak the phantom 5C2 in that case and I will send the barrel this week. Can you PM me the price including install and threading so I know how much to get the money order for.
Thanks

ar15barrels
02-15-2010, 2:26 PM
I'll tak the phantom 5C2 in that case and I will send the barrel this week. Can you PM me the price including install and threading so I know how much to get the money order for.
Thanks

$30 for a phantom 5C2 flash suppressor.
The rest is all on the service order form that you need to fill out.
www.ar15barrels.com/services.pdf

jacques
02-15-2010, 6:24 PM
I see there are multitudes of praises and not one negative comment about Randal. I will just add another one. Randal is da man. And if you are a customer, you get invited to his parties:D

Shawn L
02-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey guys do you know how to set up appts. with Randall? I've sent a PM and an e-mail last week and I haven't hear anything back. I really want to get some service done to my AR.

L4D
02-19-2010, 2:01 PM
Can I send you the barrel of an SU-16 to cut, crown, thread and install a muzzle brake? (I have the brake)

ar15barrels
02-22-2010, 5:55 PM
Can I send you the barrel of an SU-16 to cut, crown, thread and install a muzzle brake? (I have the brake)

Is the barrel off the upper receiver?
If so, no problem.
If the barrel is still on the upper reciever, you would have to come to my shop in person.

FlipR1dah
02-22-2010, 8:10 PM
Do you do any barrel fluting or contouring?

I'm interested in a 14.5 POF style fluted barrel with a perm MB.

H2H
02-22-2010, 8:19 PM
Randall does great job. he has done a lot of jobs for me over the years..plus he is local to me. :) Great to see you are now doing bolt action and shotgun stuff !

ar15barrels
02-22-2010, 8:27 PM
Do you do any barrel fluting or contouring?

I'm interested in a 14.5 POF style fluted barrel with a perm MB.

I do contouring but not fluting.

jester
02-22-2010, 8:56 PM
Hey Randall, nice to see you are still here and busy!
Do you do headspacing?
I have 2 AR's I built that both need the bolts headspaced.

ar15barrels
02-22-2010, 9:59 PM
Do you do headspacing?
I have 2 AR's I built that both need the bolts headspaced.

$5 each while you wait.

arfan66
02-23-2010, 4:29 PM
Randall,

I have a Stag 16" M4 barrel that I want cut down to 10" (muzzle approx. 2.5" from gas port), crowned & threaded for a pistol build. Does the gas port still need enlarging? I planned on using a carbine gas system since I still have the gas tube & pistol receiver extension tube.

Jeff

ar15barrels
02-23-2010, 4:41 PM
Randall,

I have a Stag 16" M4 barrel that I want cut down to 10" (muzzle approx. 2.5" from gas port), crowned & threaded for a pistol build. Does the gas port still need enlarging? I planned on using a carbine gas system since I still have the gas tube & pistol receiver extension tube.

Jeff

I strongly recommend against going that short if you still want the gun to function reliably.

arfan66
02-23-2010, 8:36 PM
Okay.PM sent.

Jeff

frigginchi
02-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey Randall,

I'm thinking of the Badger Thruster Brake for my DPMS LR-308 18" Bull Barrel. What are your thoughts on it and what size thread do I need?

ar15barrels
02-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey Randall,

I'm thinking of the Badger Thruster Brake for my DPMS LR-308 18" Bull Barrel. What are your thoughts on it and what size thread do I need?

It's a good brake.
Get the 5/8-24 model.

frigginchi
02-25-2010, 1:48 PM
Thanks Randall!

Do you have regular hours? I may just take a couple of days off just to drive down from San Jose to see you.

It's a good brake.
Get the 5/8-24 model.

ar15barrels
02-25-2010, 2:15 PM
Thanks Randall!

Do you have regular hours? I may just take a couple of days off just to drive down from San Jose to see you.

Tuesday and thursday evenings and weekends when I am not out shooting.
You have to have an appointment though.

97F1504RAD
02-26-2010, 6:44 PM
Anyone know why or when Randall got banned?

Also anyone know if the email in his profile is good?

freonr22
02-26-2010, 6:50 PM
I believe its pm only he wasn't banned a few hours ago

97F1504RAD
02-26-2010, 6:54 PM
I know it was weird, I looked this thread up then went to my pm box to send him a pm and boom he was banned. I looked though his posts and did not see anything that was said by him to get him banned. All I can think of is maybe the powers that be got upset at him soliciting work without paying for a ad ???????

MadRiverArms
02-26-2010, 7:13 PM
Maybe it's a joke? like a birthday prank or something.

-G

H2H
02-26-2010, 7:28 PM
All I can think of is maybe the powers that be got upset at him soliciting work without paying for a ad ???????

strange indeed, everybody is soliciting work anyways in the EE. no big deal.

6266guy
02-26-2010, 9:02 PM
Might sound funny, but can you put threads on a 10/22 barrel ?

fabguy
02-26-2010, 9:13 PM
I know of a couple other members who were banned for a week for being a smart @55 to the moderators or something. I'm sure he will be back very soon. :gene:

97F1504RAD
02-26-2010, 9:17 PM
Another thing I noticed is all his info in his Sig line is gone as well.

ar15barrels
02-27-2010, 6:59 PM
I got banned for posting in the 50DTC poll thread that I would not sign the poll because I did not intend to purchase a 50 DTC M82A1 and that it was silly for people to sign a petition when they had no intention of purchasing the gun later if it were to become available because of the petition.

ar15barrels
02-27-2010, 7:01 PM
can you put threads on a 10/22 barrel ?

Yes.
If it's the standard tapered barrel, I put threads right at the muzzle which will remove the ability to run the front sight.
If it's a bull barrel, I can thread the existing muzzle or shorten and thread to any length you want.

97F1504RAD
02-27-2010, 7:06 PM
Nice to see you back.

You should have a pm and an email from me. If you could respond at your convenience I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Cokebottle
02-27-2010, 7:10 PM
I got banned for posting in the 50DTC poll thread that I would not sign the poll because I did not intend to purchase a 50 DTC M82A1 and that it was silly for people to sign a petition when they had no intention of purchasing the gun later if it were to become available because of the petition.
That's insane.

Ya... nothing like getting a manufacturer's hopes up that he's got 1000 sales lined up in CA and only move 50 because 950 were only supporting our right to have it in CA.

fabguy
02-27-2010, 7:39 PM
Nice to see they let you out of detention. :clap: :cheers2: <--- glad your back.

ivanimal
02-28-2010, 10:02 AM

You got banned for sticking your nose where it didn't belong. There was ample warning. Do you wish to get more time off? Randall you offer a lot to this forum but you are not above reproach. If I did not follow instructions I also would get time off. If you cant shut your mouth the results will be your own. Quit making it a bigger issue.

LasVegasTaxMan
02-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Randall,

How much to thread a 10-22 Bull Barrel?

Sick Boy
03-02-2010, 9:02 PM
Randall, just wanted to run this by you before I sent my parts off.

Build upper with parts provided: $25
Cut M4 feedramps into upper: $15
Ship back full upper: $15

Total: $55

And should I include my bolt?

Thank you very much!!

Steve1968LS2
03-02-2010, 9:19 PM
I think I know where I will be sending my upper.. need the barrel profiled (heavy barrel).. I want a new front gas block with a flip up sight (i guess I have to get it) and you can decide what other work I will need done.

Oh, and I suppose I will need to have the barrel parkerized..

Cost idea?

Also, reccomend to me a good muzzle brake.

Thanks!

ar15barrels
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Randall,

How much to thread a 10-22 Bull Barrel?

$30 plus $10 return shipping.

ar15barrels
03-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Build upper with parts provided: $25
Cut M4 feedramps into upper: $15
Ship back full upper: $15

Total: $55

And should I include my bolt?

That's correct.
I don't need the bolt, charging handle or any other parts that are easy to install yourself after the upper is built.

ar15barrels
03-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I think I know where I will be sending my upper.. need the barrel profiled (heavy barrel).. I want a new front gas block with a flip up sight (i guess I have to get it) and you can decide what other work I will need done.

Oh, and I suppose I will need to have the barrel parkerized..

Cost idea?

Also, reccomend to me a good muzzle brake.

Thanks!

Sounds like you need the following:
40 Tear down and rebuild an upper
40 Partial barrel profiling (under handguards)
35 blast and re-parkerize a chromoly barrel

The brake choice depends on the budget and what you like.
A simple cheap brake from Stag or Armalite works fine.
A $30 YHM 5M1 looks more aggressive like a flash hider, but is still a brake.
For $50, the DPMS miculek is a very effective brake.
A JP or MSTN probably work the best, but also cost upwards of $90.

Dollar
03-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Can I get a price qoute with return shipping?

All I need done is:

remove front sight post and change to a low pro gas block
and install free float rails
and shipped back
and do you have a MI low pro gas block in stock (or any that may work?)

Upper is a bcm 16" mid, rails is a MI t-12. I plan on purchasing myself and sending it with the upper. Any other parts you may need sent?

thanks

Steve1968LS2
03-03-2010, 7:08 AM
Sounds like you need the following:
40 Tear down and rebuild an upper
40 Partial barrel profiling (under handguards)
35 blast and re-parkerize a chromoly barrel

The brake choice depends on the budget and what you like.
A simple cheap brake from Stag or Armalite works fine.
A $30 YHM 5M1 looks more aggressive like a flash hider, but is still a brake.
For $50, the DPMS miculek is a very effective brake.
A JP or MSTN probably work the best, but also cost upwards of $90.

Thanks, I will try to get you the upper in the next week or so (drop off).. do you sell flip up front sight blocks like the one from GG&G?

This one:
http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=40&parents=38,41

cactus
03-05-2010, 12:38 AM
I just received my upper from Randal today. He pinned the flash hider and assembled it for me. Great job and fast ! Thank you Sir!

ar15barrels
03-05-2010, 1:33 AM
do you sell flip up front sight blocks like the one from GG&G?

This one:
http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=40&parents=38,41

I don't stock or sell GG&G products, though I have installed a few of those sights.
They are nice parts.

Steve1968LS2
03-05-2010, 7:16 AM
I don't stock or sell GG&G products, though I have installed a few of those sights.
They are nice parts.

No problem.. I will buy one before I bring down the weapon.

97F1504RAD
03-11-2010, 7:58 AM
Hey Randall you need to clear some room in your PM box. It's full and you can no longer get new ones.

Richard

XXX
03-11-2010, 6:15 PM
on pinning and attaching the FH onto my Colt barrel Thursday night before your road trip. Looking good although I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. How was the match up up in Sacramento. Den

RawImpact
03-11-2010, 6:35 PM
i believe he is banned again guys, you should probably email him or find another contact route.

97F1504RAD
03-11-2010, 6:45 PM
i believe he is banned again guys, you should probably email him or find another contact route.

WTH someone has been ban happy lately that's for sure.

davebw226
03-17-2010, 3:20 PM
I recently had Randall cut, thread, and install a muzzle break on the barrel my Rem 700P. He did a really nice job. the guy takes pride in his work. He's also very willing to answer silly questions in the process. Randall also did nice work installing a tactical knob on the rifle. I highly recommend him....and i'm a stickler when it comes to my gear.

norcal77
03-17-2010, 9:33 PM
Randall...if you happen to be following this thread please contact me about my upper...I was told it would be 3 weeks, we are pushin 4+ now.

I tried your email address a couple days ago.

97F1504RAD
03-18-2010, 7:50 AM
Randall I also have tried emailing you a few times. I sent my bolt to you and you received it on March 4 and I am just trying to check in to make sure all is well.

I really am not trying to rush you but I know you still have not cashed my check and I would just like to make sure that you did in fact get the bolt.

Thanks,
Richard

ar15barrels
03-18-2010, 5:12 PM
I'm mostly out of town through next weekend for my regular day job.
I'll look into the pending jobs after I return on the 29th.

97F1504RAD
03-18-2010, 5:21 PM
Thanks Randall and welcome back

ArkinDomino
03-18-2010, 7:33 PM
Randall's return returns again

Gio
03-18-2010, 7:43 PM
Welcome back Randall :clap:

-Gio

frigginchi
03-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Ok I think I have all the parts I need before I send my upper off to you.

1 Badger Thruster Brake
1 DPMS lo pro gas block

I'm not sure what you charge to profile to match barrel diameter and bore the muzzle brake.

So far this is what I have:

Tear down and re-assemble upper 40.00
Precision Barrel Threading 50.00
Compensator Indexing 10.00
Blast and Parkerize 35.00
Return Shipping 20.00

I know you don't do side chargers anymore because you break taps. But if you change your mind let me know how much you charge and I'll send a few extra taps your way :)

snarpee
03-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Hey There,

I'm interested in having you inspect the chamber of my Stainless bull barrel for my AR, and if its out of spec (I know it will be) have you re-machine the chamber to make it work again.

If you do this kind of work let me know ASAP, and i will ship it off to ya.

Best Regards,

Pete

badfish71
03-29-2010, 8:08 PM
Sir,
i sent you a pm and a few emails re: my 9mm barrel i sent off to you on fri. just in case you avent recieved those mesagges i wanted to let you know i sent my barrelto get cut down to14.5"and have a smith vortex perm attached. i forgot(like a dummy) to add it in the package but i sent the flash hider today. if you could get back to me about this i would appreciate it. also if you could give me a rough turn around time i would appreciate it.
thank you

fcr
04-03-2010, 1:49 AM
email sent

DOHCtah
04-05-2010, 6:51 PM
Hi Randall,

Iím looking to get a Krieger barrel that has regular M16 feedramps on the barrel extension (it is all they are currently offering), but I want to mate it to a VLTOR MUR upper receiver which has M4 extension grooves cut in.

Any chance you offer a service to machine or shave down the barrel extension so that it mates with the M4 feedramps on the upper? I've seen you discuss this on another thread before. I'm looking for a precision job with the proper angle/dimensions measured, not just an eyeballed dremel job like some other places are offering. Can you tell me what you can do?

Thanks!

Lee

PS: I've also sent you a email/PM so just ignore repeated msgs.

osis32
04-05-2010, 7:09 PM
I think randall is banned again :(

badfish71
04-06-2010, 1:37 AM
:cuss:
Anyone now how to get a hold of him? i wanna know whats going on with my barrel!
Thanks..

fcr
04-06-2010, 8:26 AM
pm sent

ironman5669
04-07-2010, 5:56 PM
Hi Randall, we spoke on the phone monday, My name is David Davis, i am in Fresno ca, i need a weekend appointment to have my ar barrel profiled and threaded and a cooley comp indexed and installed. pm me with a weeken appointment and I will drive up!

MadMax
04-07-2010, 10:31 PM
PM sent

Sick Boy
04-09-2010, 4:14 PM
Randall, sending you a package for my upper build.

-Zack

badfish71
04-09-2010, 4:44 PM
pm sent

PMMA92
04-13-2010, 8:41 AM
PM sent for quote.

Boilermaker
04-13-2010, 2:38 PM
Sent an email the other day. Got some work for ya.

fcr
04-13-2010, 3:59 PM
He answered me yesterday, I already took my stuff elsewhere and would have waited for him... damn. I hope it comes out OK where I took it, If not I will be emailing again.

ar15barrels
04-13-2010, 5:09 PM
Sent an email the other day. Got some work for ya.

PM's good.
Email BAD.

PMMA92
04-14-2010, 8:30 PM
2nd PM. Please reply.

04-20-2010, 11:23 PM
pm
sent

rick
04-22-2010, 8:31 PM
Randall I sent a PM checking the status of my upper.Thanks Rick

Kelvrick
04-28-2010, 1:02 PM
For permanent pinning of a flash hider, does the barrel have to be removed from the upper?

I'm thinking of having a fully built 14.5 upper sent and wondering whether it will cost me $25 or $65.

ar15barrels
04-28-2010, 2:08 PM
For permanent pinning of a flash hider, does the barrel have to be removed from the upper?

No.

Kerbs
04-28-2010, 6:26 PM
Just sent PM, please reply. Thanks

TheClap1
05-04-2010, 9:29 PM
Excellent Service and quality work.

Sick Boy
05-06-2010, 6:30 PM
Randall, sent you a PM about my MO.

Please let me know in case I need to send another one.

-Zack

boxtype1
05-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Randall is a great guy. A+ work.
VA Nurse.

xxINKxx
05-12-2010, 9:42 PM
Just had Randall shorten my AR-15 barrel and pin the FH at the shortest/legal length last night...His work is top knotch, and he fixed some mistakes for no charge that another shop made when they did some work on my upper. Really nice guy.

Definatly would recomend him to anyone!

Toast
05-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Whats the usual turn around time for barrel shortening and permanently attaching a muzzle device?

MadMax
05-13-2010, 11:45 AM
PM sent

Those of you who have shipped uppers to Randall did you use the P.O. box address on his work order form? If so I have to use USPS right?

Just want to make absolutely sure before I ship my very expensive uppers.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Max

Thank you for the quick reply, uppers inbound.

dvsdev
05-13-2010, 12:12 PM
In general, UPS and Fedex do not deliver to P.O. boxes. You will need to use USPS to ship to a P.O. box.

freonr22
05-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey Randall, I have a sproter m98k with a bent bolt. I would like to scope it. May I send bolt for you to cut and reweld to clear scope? Can you pretty please pm me w/address

ar15barrels
05-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Hey Randall, I have a sproter m98k with a bent bolt. I would like to scope it. May I send bolt for you to cut and reweld to clear scope? Can you pretty please pm me w/address

Sorry, but I don't know what's involved in that so I'd rather not accept the job without some more info/details on what needs to be done.

freonr22
05-13-2010, 11:10 PM

ok here is the bent bolt. Can/will you, cut handle off and put a lowered handle/angled handle on to clear scope? or do something with current config?

thank you

ar15barrels
05-13-2010, 11:59 PM

ok here is the bent bolt. Can/will you, cut handle off and put a lowered handle/angled handle on to clear scope? or do something with current config?

I can put an aftermarket handle and knob on that bolt after cutting off the handle.
I was thinking you wanted the original bent handle to be re-used.
That would be quite difficult.

I have used this knob with good results before:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=5341/sku/Lenard_Brownell_Bolt_Knob
The knob will need to be finished after welding and cleanup, but I don't do any re-finishing in-house.

freonr22
05-14-2010, 12:12 AM
How Difficult?

For conversations sake? Honestly, that was all what I assumed. I mean it would be great to tweak existing, but it not really even possible, right? i mean could it be done for $150-$200 or is it $400?

Or really, just cut & move forward.. also what to do about refinish, can i cold blue or is that garbage? Could i get away with a polished/bare handle on an all blued action? might be ok..or maybe some one has a better bolt body made, but the I would ASSUME potential head space issues..?

WOW! after looking at that, its kinda a no brainer.

ar15barrels
05-14-2010, 12:24 AM
How Difficult?

When you cut the bolt handle off, you leave about a 1/4" tall square shank.
That's the part that fits into the reciever cut.
Then the new handle gets welded to that root and cleaned up to not exceed the size of that square shank in front or on top.
The bolt ends up looking like a ruger 77 bolt in shape/size:

http://picturearchive.auctionarms.com/6245152247/9164103/img_1977%20(2).jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

The stock will need some inletting.

freonr22
05-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Yup that's what needs to be done. I am requesting an appointment. Ill ship to you. Etc.

ojisan
05-14-2010, 7:50 PM
No PM sent.
No questions.
:1eye:

freonr22
05-14-2010, 7:54 PM
BARREL NAZI? LIKE SOUP NAZI?

ar15barrels
05-14-2010, 8:22 PM
No PM sent.
No questions.
:1eye:

No soup for you.

Sick Boy
05-28-2010, 7:07 AM
Just got back my 6.8 upper the other day that I sent off to be built. Came out great, trust in the man!

Thanks again sir!!

rick
06-01-2010, 3:09 PM
PM Sent Thanks Rick

rick
06-16-2010, 5:31 PM
Randall Checking on the progress of my upper.Sent PM.Thanks Rick

arfan66
06-18-2010, 10:55 AM
PM sent

Nate
06-18-2010, 9:18 PM
Randall,

I sent you a couple pm's. Let me know if you are interested on working on my barrel.

Exiledviking
06-18-2010, 10:03 PM
This may be a silly question, but how does it work when you have to cut a new crown a barrel that is chrome lined? Can the chrome lining be machined?

rick
06-22-2010, 5:55 PM
Randall I have sent a few pm's checking on my upper.Thanks Rick

rick
07-21-2010, 4:51 PM
Randall PM sent Thanks Rick

EWILKE
07-21-2010, 9:08 PM
I just had my barrel cut down by randall and he did a great job at a very good price. thanks again
Erik

freonr22
11-04-2010, 11:03 PM
First acknowledged necro thread. its only 107 days old. Randall, I know you are banned, but that was a really nice write up to the questions I posted, and you totally educated me. You may read, this, you may not. But i still need this work, done @ some point, when I do, I WILL drive from San Jose to your shop to have it done. See You soon!

thedrickel
11-05-2010, 10:10 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2zqc7xh.jpg

five.five-six
11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
^ nice photo :no:

ar15barrels
09-21-2012, 1:16 PM
Bumping this so people can find it.
Just because I was gone for two years, that don't mean I was out of business...

PMMA92
09-21-2012, 5:00 PM
Welcome back Randall.

bender152
09-21-2012, 5:57 PM
Wow. Welcome back!

H2H
09-21-2012, 6:33 PM
Randall does great job. I always bring my guns to him first.

Eargasm
09-21-2012, 8:18 PM
Bumping this so people can find it.
Just because I was gone for two years, that don't mean I was out of business...

Have you started taking barrel orders again?

ar15barrels
09-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Have you started taking barrel orders again?

No, I'm just doing service work and bolt gun builds.

supermario
09-26-2012, 9:50 AM
He does Awesome work Guys and Gals. And quick and on the spot! See you soon for that barrel shortening.

760practicalshooter
10-18-2012, 1:59 PM
Randall is GTG!

JDW67
10-18-2012, 3:23 PM
Do you work on SCAR 16's?

Thanks

ar15barrels
10-18-2012, 5:04 PM
Do you work on SCAR 16's?

Thanks

In general, if I can get the barrel off, I can work on it...

bloodhawke83
10-18-2012, 6:15 PM
Didn't see FSB pinning listed, how much?

ar15barrels
02-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Bump with updates to the first post.

hk-p2000
02-22-2013, 1:29 PM
Nice seen you back on calguns, Randall

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

crazy
02-22-2013, 2:42 PM
Can you install a M4 barrel extension on a barrel blank and chamber for 20 practical? I don't want a gas port.

ar15barrels
02-22-2013, 2:48 PM
Can you install a M4 barrel extension on a barrel blank and chamber for 20 practical? I don't want a gas port.

Yes.

crazy
02-22-2013, 3:07 PM
Sending a PM.

Fatgunman
02-22-2013, 3:13 PM

snacks
02-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Wondering if your still available for some work on the evenings. I have an upper that needs the rail retightened. Thanks

ar15barrels
02-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Wondering if your still available for some work on the evenings. I have an upper that needs the rail retightened. Thanks

I'm generally taking appointments between 11am and 8pm now.

xjdesertfox
02-22-2013, 11:42 PM
See you monday randall.

I'd like everyone to know that setting up some work to be done by randall has been effortless, he has always responded to my emails in a timely fashion.

KKKG
02-23-2013, 7:15 AM
PM sent

xjdesertfox
02-27-2013, 1:12 AM
I had randall work on my saiga-12.

Usually S12's have undersized/missing ports from the factory, I had randall disassemble my gas system and drill an additional gas port in the barrel as well as enlarge the holes that were already there.

He did a fantastic job and charged me a very reasonable rate. I'll be returning to him for more work in the future.

tonelar
03-01-2013, 4:47 PM
I had randall work on my saiga-12.

Usually S12's have undersized/missing ports from the factory, I had randall disassemble my gas system and drill an additional gas port in the barrel as well as enlarge the holes that were already there.

He did a fantastic job and charged me a very reasonable rate. I'll be returning to him for more work in the future.

xjdesertfox,
Did you shorten your Saiga12 barrel? Or was it just not cycling out of the box? I'm contemplating shortening mine but hesitant 'cause I was warned that it'd need to have the ports opened up.

BTW; mailed a 22LR AR barrel out just today and forgot to ask how's your turn-around these days, Randall? I'd imagine any AR or AK service work could be "in demand" amidst this buying panic.

ar15barrels
03-01-2013, 5:00 PM
xjdesertfox,
Did you shorten your Saiga12 barrel? Or was it just not cycling out of the box? I'm contemplating shortening mine but hesitant 'cause I was warned that it'd need to have the ports opened up.

BTW; mailed a 22LR AR barrel out just today and forgot to ask how's your turn-around these days, Randall? I'd imagine any AR or AK service work could be "in demand" amidst this buying panic.

One of his gas ports was mostly blocked off by a burr from the factory drilling job.
The barrel was not shortened.
We opened up the original gas ports slightly and added the third port.

Turnaround on shipped-in jobs is running about 2 weeks right now.
They generally get completed in the order, they arrive.

Xcountryrider
03-01-2013, 5:14 PM
It would be helpful if folks that were looking for customers said where they were located.

EWILKE
03-01-2013, 5:55 PM
I am glad you are back.

ar15barrels
03-01-2013, 8:42 PM
It would be helpful if folks that were looking for customers said where they were located.

My profile shows that I am in Van Nuys.
I don't know how much easier I can make it than having my location in my profile.
What else do you suggest?

capitol
03-01-2013, 9:08 PM
I am glad you are back.

Ehh, I still remember the old Randall. Some good... some bad. He's mellow now trust me :D

About three years ago he would have shoved a BCG where the sun dont shine up on this guy for a statement like that :rolleyes:

uxo2
03-01-2013, 9:40 PM
Randall is the only gunsmith I go to now. He's about an hour away but well worth it. My highest recommendation. :D

Im a repeat customer.

The appointment scheduling is perfect to fit my time
and work done while you wait.

ar15barrels Join Date: Jan 2006

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/california/van-nuys/hampton-inn-suites-los-angeles-van-nuys-map.gifhttp://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com/graphics/photos/notorious_murders/mass/glen_rogers/Van-Nuys-CA-map200.jpghttp://www.mapave.com/map_city_in_usa.php?state=CA&city=Van+Nuys+City&long=-118.448056&lat=34.186667&width=400&height=270

RomanDad
03-01-2013, 9:43 PM
Can you re-barrel an M1A?

ar15barrels
03-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Can you re-barrel an M1A?

Sure.

Fjold
03-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Sure.

Good, I'll bring my Abrams over.

How's the neck/back?

VetteRacer
03-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Randall, I need an AR15 barrel but opened up for a very thick bull barrel, can I ship to you? Or do you have some laying around I could buy off you? How much to open it up? (I have calipers, will measure diameter of barrel).

Thanks
Matt

ar15barrels
03-02-2013, 2:51 PM
Randall, I need an AR15 barrel but opened up for a very thick bull barrel, can I ship to you? Or do you have some laying around I could buy off you? How much to open it up? (I have calipers, will measure diameter of barrel).

Barrel nut?

Steve1968LS2
03-02-2013, 3:16 PM
Do you do fluting on AR barrels? Stainless?

Thanks

ar15barrels
03-02-2013, 3:32 PM
Do you do fluting on AR barrels? Stainless?

Thanks

Not yet.
Eventually I will though.

iceman710
03-02-2013, 3:38 PM
Pm'd, thanks

VetteRacer
03-02-2013, 3:46 PM
Barrel nut?

Heh, love typos..:facepalm: Yes barrel Nut.

MauiWowie
03-02-2013, 4:06 PM
What's the cost of return shipping to Maryland?
I'd like to have a 14.5" barrel pinned with a muzzle device to make it 16"

ar15barrels
03-02-2013, 5:32 PM
Heh, love typos..:facepalm: Yes barrel Nut.

I have some around.
$20 total for a barrel nut opened up to your spec and mailed out.

ar15barrels
03-02-2013, 5:36 PM
What's the cost of return shipping to Maryland?
I'd like to have a 14.5" barrel pinned with a muzzle device to make it 16"

It depends on the weight.
Return shipping costs are listed on my service order form which you should complete and include with any mailed-in service work.
www.ar15barrels.com/services.pdf

Dollar
03-05-2013, 6:56 AM
Randall, I was wondering what I would be charged or have to check off on your ordering form.

I need:

Have a pinned fh removed off a 14.5 barrel. Remove the front sight, delta, etc. and change to a low profile gas block. Install a centurion rail. Then pin a new flash hider.

Thank you

iceman710
03-05-2013, 9:02 AM
FYI I went by Randall's to get a BCM A2X that had been pinned and welded removed and repinned and welded with a PWS FSC556 on my BCM 14.5 inch middy. Man fantastic job and in and out in less that 15 minutes. Quality craftsmanship at its best.

ar15barrels
03-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Randall, I was wondering what I would be charged or have to check off on your ordering form.

I need:

Have a pinned fh removed off a 14.5 barrel. Remove the front sight, delta, etc. and change to a low profile gas block. Install a centurion rail. Then pin a new flash hider.

Thank you

You need the following services selected on the form:
Remove permanent muzzle device
Tear down and rebuild upper
Perm attach muzzle device

tonelar
03-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Can you reuse a once pinned on hider? Or does the hider get ruined removing them?

ar15barrels
03-10-2013, 5:46 PM
Can you reuse a once pinned on hider? Or does the hider get ruined removing them?

The hider is pretty much ruined.

al8550
03-10-2013, 6:56 PM
Thread closed per BigCaliDave - Randall, please get in touch with Dave to get this thread re-opened. Thanks!