PDA

View Full Version : NEF Pardner Security Shotgun ok?

supermario
02-03-2010, 1:04 PM
Are the NEF Pardner Security Shotgun that are sold at Turners good to go.
I already know about mossy 500 and Rem but they have em on sale for $169 and bro wants to buy one becus soo cheap. Are they crap or ok pumps?

aippi
02-03-2010, 1:33 PM
It is what it is and works. So yes it is OK if that is what you want.

You can put $200 worth of tires on your car and drive anywhere the guy with $600 worth of tires can go. Will his tread last longer, do his tires displace water and maintain traction better and work on snow and ice better? Do his tires corner better at high speeds and help the car stop better? I would think they would if he shopped smart.

You get what you pay for. So what do you want a pump shotgun for? If it is for personal protection then how serious do you take protecting your life.

If this weapon is for protection an you want a weapon to last many years with a lot of rounds through it hen look at the Remington 870's or the Mossberg 590's. However, if money is the main issue, then that Partner Pump will serve the need till times are better for you.

supermario
02-03-2010, 1:52 PM
Yeah it will get very light use after a couple hundred rounds to test it out and break it in a lil. It will be a home defense weapon. We just want to make sure it works and thats it. Yeah its on a tight budget, otherwise would go with Mossy like I have. this is for somebody else but i dont wanna say NEF is great gun when its not.

mif_slim
02-03-2010, 3:26 PM
I wonder how the mujahadeen felt like when they had to protect themselves with AK's that they made AT HOME from scrap and no electic tools! ;)

MAX100
02-03-2010, 4:52 PM
Yeah it will get very light use after a couple hundred rounds to test it out and break it in a lil. It will be a home defense weapon. We just want to make sure it works and thats it. Yeah its on a tight budget, otherwise would go with Mossy like I have. this is for somebody else but i dont wanna say NEF is great gun when its not.

The Protector or the Hawk 982 are both very good choices. I would go with a 982 because it has ghost ring sights for a few dollars more.

They are heavier built & more durable than any pump shotgun available. It's the same shotgun as the Hawk 982 but has different style receiver. I am not on a budget and can own any defense shotgun I want. The Protector and Hawk 982 are my two main defense shotguns.

GC

speeedracerr
02-03-2010, 7:40 PM
I just purchased this shotgun two weeks from the first sale and will be picking it up this saturday...

From what I heard, it pretty much is a Remington 870 clone which should take all the compatible accessories.

For the price... I said, what the heck, why not!

FastFinger
02-04-2010, 11:39 PM
It is what it is and works. So yes it is OK if that is what you want.

You can put $200 worth of tires on your car and drive anywhere the guy with $600 worth of tires can go. Will his tread last longer, do his tires displace water and maintain traction better and work on snow and ice better? Do his tires corner better at high speeds and help the car stop better? I would think they would if he shopped smart.

You get what you pay for. So what do you want a pump shotgun for? If it is for personal protection then how serious do you take protecting your life.

If this weapon is for protection an you want a weapon to last many years with a lot of rounds through it hen look at the Remington 870's or the Mossberg 590's. However, if money is the main issue, then that Partner Pump will serve the need till times are better for you.

What smug, condescending, unmitigated bull****. How 'bout this.. "However, if ego and insecurity are your main issues, then a Remington will serve the need till times are better for you."

Do you have one shred of actual proof that these shotguns are in the slightest way inferior to the Remington 870? Or are you just spewing yet more unsupported opinion?

Please spare me the "I work with Remingtons every day... I'm an expert... what do you know?" line. Personally I appreciate when you share you actual experiences and knowledge, but when it comes to opinions about these Norincos - what do you really know?

So, let's settle this once and for all.. Have you ever checked one of these out? How many rounds did you put through it? Can you list exactly which parts are inferior?

In short - informed fact vs. mere opinion. Just in case there's any confusion about what is fact, and what is opinion, here are a couple of recent samples from your own posts, which shows the difference between the two...

Mere opinion from JD McGuire, Owner, AI&P Tactical Remington Law Enforcement Armorer:
You get what you pay for.

Expert fact from JD McGuire, Owner, AI&P Tactical Remington Law Enforcement Armorer:
...as Remington quality control has gone to hell on barrels and I am getting all kinds of garbage from them these days.

Deadbolt
02-04-2010, 11:59 PM
MS13 has great kill rating with two pipes they slam together to trigger a 3" shell....

Cost? probably like 25$ for materials. Im just saying you'd be amazed at what "gits r done"

as for your Pardner --- f/////cking why not? Its no heirloom gun but hell, it works well and cycles well. Not every gun you own needs to be a safe queen. Pardners, Norincos, Hawks, all the chinese sh/ts - they are meant to be shot and abused.

The best way i can relate it is this : Remember all those yugo mausers? given to peasant families to protect themselves ? Those guns were made to take an absolute beating and still perform "as expected"

The norinco crap is the same way - its no trophy model you'll be winning matches with - but god damn right it will protect your farm, be cheap to repair and blow the living **** out of anything you point it at within its effective range.

put that in your pipe and smoke it :chris:

SDgarrick
02-05-2010, 12:41 AM
^^ hear hear!

as far as I know, it is mechanically equal to any other modern pump SG made of modern materials.

Z ME FLY
02-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Go for it! You can't go that wrong with any pump shotgun. NEF, I never shot one but I do know they make good single shot shotguns.

aippi
02-05-2010, 9:47 AM
Fast Finger - The quality control from all the manufacturers went south during the gun buying panic as they ramped up to get stuff out. Remington is getting back on track with quality control.

Are you even aware that Remington owns New England arms and H&R? Now Knowing this, use some common sence. Is Remington is going to put a product equal to their best selling product on the market for almost 1/2 the price and cut thier own sales. Do you belive that. Now if they would have bought out NEF and H&R and ended that line of pump shotguns, then you might have a point.

You appear to have some issues with me. Call me about them at 231-690-0954 and do not attack me in writing. It makes you look little and foolish.

Kestryll
02-05-2010, 9:53 AM
It makes you look little and foolish.

And being snide and smug makes you look childish and foolish so we have a tie.

Knock it off both of you, NOW.

mif_slim
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Go for it! You can't go that wrong with any pump shotgun. NEF, I never shot one but I do know they make good single shot shotguns.

If a single shot has FTE or FTF issues, somethigns really wrong with it. LOL.

Z ME FLY
02-05-2010, 11:30 AM
If a single shot has FTE or FTF issues, somethigns really wrong with it. LOL.

Haha true! but you can't go THAT wrong with any kind of pump. I've seen some rusted, old, dirty, and looks like it won't work but... it does!