PDA

View Full Version : DROS'd my lower today, but the other guy...

booknut
01-09-2006, 5:29 PM
was DROS'ing THREE lowers and there were FOUR more on the counter for someone else! :eek:

Why do I feel like an amateur? :(

Hey, I'm happy with one for now. Although... if I find another one soon...

So, what does a person give to their FFL for doing something SO GREAT like transferring these lowers?
It's a Mom & Pop store and Mom did all the FFL work.

I've already ordered a couple of Baby Eagle .40 mags through them.
Can't really afford another gun just yet.

I'm hoping to get through a range officer class tonight so I can have the keys to the Redwood Gun Club on Samoa Peninsula.
Once we get these lowers built into fixed-mag 10 rounders or some other legal configuration, I'm hoping to sponsor a private celebration for any Northern Californians who got in on this whole event.
This may be a few months down the road, but at least the rains might be gone by then!

hmm, do I have any smilies left or have I reached my limit ofFOUR?

eta - I swear I looked all over for the 'special' thread about this whole lower business and didn't find it... if a mod can move this over there, I'd appreciate it... I found it after I posted here.
Thanks

-hanko
01-09-2006, 5:33 PM
So, what does a person give to their FFL for doing something SO GREAT like transferring these lowers?
It's a Mom & Pop store and Mom did all the FFL work.
In the free states where I've lived, $20 transfers were very common, and $10'ers a little less so. How about a gift certificate to a very good restaurant??

-hanko

delloro
01-09-2006, 6:15 PM
buy them a nice dinner.

Gnote
01-09-2006, 6:38 PM
Buy more lowers from them. You'll be happy b/c you have a backup or a lower to build something else and they make money...

gidddy169
01-09-2006, 9:14 PM
Good luck on the range officer class hope it goes, or at this time went well.

Keep me in touch if you ever get a shoot together for these fixed mag rifles and it was nice meeting you today.

psssniper
01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
My friend and I gave our FFL a lower for himself, he was very:) :) :) :)

booknut
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
I had an FFL fight with DOJ over the NAA Guardian .32 which was put on the 'okie dokie' list a couple of years ago.
We were actually trying to DROS this gun within a week or two of the listing.
I watched this guy turn RED in the face several times over several calls to the DOJ.

I was almost begging him to stop calling and just forget the whole deal...
I was afraid of the brain damage I was causing him! :eek: (smilie #1... 3 more to go)

He wouldn't stop.
He finally got it through.
I knew he liked to shoot skeet and on the suggestion of his wife, I bought a whole bunch of skeet tokens so he could shoot free.

He liked that! :D (smilie #2... 2 more to go)

I gotta find out what this gal... er... Lady, likes.
Just hope it isn't one of those male dancers... I could do it, but I'd wind up in traction for a few days attempting some of those moves :p (smilie #3... THAT'S ENOUGH... don't... trip... the... smilie overusage alarm!)

booknut
01-09-2006, 11:31 PM
gidddy 169,

Thanks, nice meeting you too.
Hope I didn't scare you in my skirt... I mean... UTILIKILT! It was a father's day present from my wife and daughter a couple of years ago.

Say... you wouldn't have an extra lower just lying around would you? ;)

All I have to do to get my range officer designation and orange cap is to take a day of training at the range.

Then I have to be the range officer four times this year.

saki302
01-10-2006, 12:37 AM
A bottle of wine, or gunsmithing tools usually go over well with gun people :D

I personally prefer the tools.
Brownells makes a sweet gunsmith screwdriver set which would make a nice gift- every gun guy or gal should have one!

-Dave

gidddy169
01-10-2006, 5:24 PM
No sorry don't have any extras but a couple of suppliers I was talking to called me and said they had some instock if you wanted to order some. PM me.

P.S. I don't really pay attention to clothing so I didn't even notice your UTILIKILT.

Shoot-it
01-11-2006, 8:07 PM
I dont feel sorry for the FFL's
50 transfers in one day or more
40 dallors a pop thats not dros
you do the math
sounds like easy mooooney................in the pocket

Is it legal too do out of your house like so many are doing....:confused: