PDA

View Full Version : Peet's, CPK Prohibit Open Carry Of Guns

30rdMag
02-02-2010, 1:32 PM
WALNUT CREEK (CBS 5)
Carry Of Guns On The Rise In Peninsula
(1/15/2010)
Among gun rights advocates, openly carrying unloaded guns in public is a growing trend. While "open carry" is legal, two big chains are saying no thanks to customers toting firearms.

The movement has caught the attention of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, which heard about an upcoming meeting of open carry supporters at a California Pizza Kitchen in Walnut Creek. Within days, the chain decided not to allow customers to display firearms. Peet's Coffee has also followed suit, which has upset gun advocates.

In California, the carrying of guns is legal as long as the gun is unloaded, not hidden and if the person is at least 1,000 feet away from a school.

http://cbs5.com/local/open.carry.guns.2.1459123.html

Didnt see this posted. But you might pick some where else before you buy that cup of joe or that pizza

yelohamr
02-02-2010, 1:50 PM
Been done.
Old news, old coffee, old pizza.

CHS
02-02-2010, 1:56 PM
And?

This won't prevent me from giving business to either company.

Steyr_223
02-02-2010, 1:56 PM
dup...

Lone_Gunman
02-02-2010, 3:06 PM
Just LUCC and sit there with a smug grin on your face.

ap3572001
02-02-2010, 3:13 PM
I have been reading about open carry. I understand that it is a right and that it is legal. I have one question. Why would someone WANT to carry an unloaded pistol in public?

obeygiant
02-02-2010, 3:18 PM
And?

same here.

Pyr0
02-02-2010, 3:30 PM
I have been reading about open carry. I understand that it is a right and that it is legal. I have one question. Why would someone WANT to carry an unloaded pistol in public?

Because you can also carry ammo and have a loaded pistol within 2-5 seconds. I think it's mainly protest for the stenginess of CCW's among other gun laws.

Liberty1
02-02-2010, 3:38 PM
And?

It should :(. But your stance on this won't prevent me from giving you my business as I intend to convert you in due time. :D

gotgunz
02-02-2010, 3:40 PM

OMG! :eek:

I can't believe you asked that question! LOL!

Liberty1
02-02-2010, 3:41 PM
I understand that it is a right and that it is legal.

UOC is not a right as the Right is to carry a loaded operable firearm for lawful self-defence in case of conflict (coming to a state near you June '10!). (http://www.chicagoguncase.com/)

grammaton76
02-02-2010, 4:12 PM
Someone post a link to the previous thread, and I will happily lock this one. I know where the Peets one is, don't know where to find the CPK thread.

Cokebottle
02-02-2010, 4:45 PM
It's far from optimal, but an unloaded gun can quickly become a loaded gun ;)

Cokebottle
02-02-2010, 4:46 PM
It should :(. But your stance on this won't prevent me from giving you my business as I intend to convert you in due time. :D
Snicker....

I've never been to Peet's or CPK anyways... never had a reason to go.

30rdMag
02-02-2010, 4:57 PM
Now I am not going to carry a gun with me. I use it for well home and for sport, I feel that if your somewhere you need to carry all the time. You need not to be there, or your being paid to be there.

That being said..... I do feel its stupid for companies to ***** about making money now days then do stupid things like this. They must not understand what it is about. But I guess we are just as bad to not educate them before they make the rule such as these.

I was at dinner a bit ago with the wife. We both agree that all these home invasion robberies are in the rise, But only really in California. Go figure. You dont have nearly the numbers in AZ or NM that let you open carry a loaded fire arm, Or have the stupid gun laws.

Cokebottle
02-02-2010, 5:04 PM
I feel that if your somewhere you need to carry all the time.
Crime doesn't only happen in a ghetto.

A gun is like a fire extinguisher.
It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

That doesn't mean that you hope to use either.

Ballistic043
02-02-2010, 5:05 PM
right. so if someone decides to freaking mug you at a wal mart shopping center, i guess you didnt need to be there. your fault right?

wrong.

that attitude is why we have to stand up for our rights.

wildhawker
02-02-2010, 5:06 PM
Crime doesn't only happen in a ghetto.

A gun is like a fire extinguisher.
It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

That doesn't mean that you hope to use either.

Interesting analogy. With an appropriate license I wouldn't mind driving a water truck where I know I'll be in dry grasslands prone to wildfires... ;)

Python2
02-02-2010, 5:06 PM
..... I have one question. Why would someone WANT to carry an unloaded pistol in public?

I believe its more of a political statement than a self defense means.

Doheny
02-02-2010, 5:08 PM
Someone post a link to the previous thread, and I will happily lock this one. I know where the Peets one is, don't know where to find the CPK thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=264436&highlight=peets

grammaton76
02-02-2010, 5:15 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=264436&highlight=peets

Aha, I wasn't looking for a combo thread. That explains why I couldn't find it - thanks!