PDA

View Full Version : CGN & CGF Need Your Help - World Ag Expo (Tulare, CA) 2/9 - 2/11 - Volunteer Today!

wildhawker
02-02-2010, 1:22 PM
This is an opportunity we just can't pass up. The Calguns Foundation has confirmed it will have a booth at the World Ago Expo "Farm Show" held at the International Agri-Center in Tulare, CA (about 45 minutes southeast of Fresno) from February 9-11, 2010. This event sees over 100,000 attendees in just 3 days, and provides for a wonderful crossover audience for RKBA education and activism.

One ambitious Calgunner, Greasemonkey, has made it a point to make this event happen and we are fully supporting his efforts. If you can provide any help whatsoever, from working the booth to setup/teardown to making some good looking RKBA presentation for display, it would be greatly appreciated. This could be the single biggest event of our entire outreach season (we have 5k each tri-fold brochures, SacPD memos, AW flowcharts, CGN business cards and CGF "What We Have Done For You Lately" fliers going to press for this one event, and have another 5k on standby).

Please volunteer and get involved at the Calguns Event thread here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=265237

As always, any financial tax-deductible support by way of donations to the Calguns Foundation (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate) is greatly appreciated. These outreach and educational efforts are entirely dependent upon the generosity of this community.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and please PM Greasemonkey or myself with any questions you may have.

-Brandon Combs

Farm Show link: http://www.worldagexpo.com/

The world's largest annual agricultural exposition

With 2.6 million square feet of show grounds and 1,600 exhibitors, World Ag Expo is an industry leader in agriculture expositions. Attracting an annual average of 100,000 attendees, this three day expo transforms Tulare, California into the World’s hot spot for agriculture technology and innovation

43rd Anniversary of World Ag Expo
"Powering Global Agriculture"

Where: International Agri-Center- 4450 South Laspina Street, Tulare, CA 93274
(Located in California’s Central Valley, 45 miles south of Fresno and 60 miles north of Bakersfield, just off Highway 99. Airfields are located in Tulare, Visalia, Fresno and Bakersfield.)

When: February 09, 10 and 11, 2010
(the second Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of February)

What: The world’s largest annual agriculture exposition celebrating 43 years of innovative agriculture:

1,600 exhibitors displaying the latest in farm equipment, chemicals, communications, and technology on 2.5 million square feet of exhibit space.
Free seminars on a variety of topics important to dairy producers, farmers, ranchers and agribusiness professionals.
Cooking demonstrations by chefs from California’s top restaurants in the World Ag Women Pavilion.
Free parking and a Park and Ride shuttle service for off-site parking.
International Business Center
Cost: $12 General Admission, Register Online for $10 before Feb. 1, 2010

Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Contact: (800) 999-9186; Fax (559) 686-5065; email info@farmshow.org

http://www.co.tulare.ca.us/images/Features/agFair2007.jpg

HskrVern
02-02-2010, 3:40 PM
Dang, finally a voulenteer opportunity for me (that I believe in) but its in the middle of the dang week! On another note, as an active duty military member can I even voulenteer for it? I know alot of retired guys are on here, maybe they can give input.

wildhawker
02-02-2010, 4:53 PM
Cool news update!

100,000+ attendees and WE CAN SHOW OFF THE GOODS!

Greasemonkey FTW!

WOO-HOOOO! I spoke with the 'general office' who I believe transferred me to security, Firearms are okay, they need to have the firing pins or 'guts' removed in order to be non-functional/not capable of firing; no loaded ammunition on-site. Bullets/empty shells are okay, just not a complete round of ammo.

RV parking has 300 spots total, 270 are already reserved, the final 30 spots are first come-first serve, no more reservations are being accepted. She also said that arriving Tuesday she doesn't think you'll get a spot, so maybe sunday/monday.

Purple K
02-02-2010, 5:32 PM
Hopefully I'll get a spot Monday evening

jaymz
02-02-2010, 7:59 PM
Man I really hate to sound negative, but can someone please explain why we should be excited about open carry of inoperable firearms in front of a whole bunch of people that seems to me, are mostly on our side already anyway?I know some ranchers and farmers. They ALL have firearms. Shouldn't we be focusing our efforts towards those that are either on the fence or anti-gun, and try to convince them that guns are not evil?

elrcastor
02-02-2010, 8:10 PM
Man I really hate to sound negative, but can someone please explain why we should be excited about open carry of inoperable firearms in front of a whole bunch of people that seems to me, are mostly on our side already anyway?I know some ranchers and farmers. They ALL have firearms. Shouldn't we be focusing our efforts towards those that are either on the fence or anti-gun, and try to convince them that guns are not evil?

It depends on what their level of firearms involvement is, eg bolt action, semi auto, AR-15/AK. If we can spread the understanding of AR-15/AK's and the knowledge of CGN/CGF it will be good. There also might be people there that hate guns.

G17GUY
02-02-2010, 8:18 PM

This is a booth about calguns and california gun laws. I don't think this has to do with "open carry of inoperable firearms". It is a members outreach.

jaymz
02-02-2010, 8:21 PM
elrcastor:
I get what you are saying, any opportunity to spread the word should be utilized to the fullest. It's mostly the open carry part that has me confused. The "official" Calguns stance has always been not to open carry, yet now it seems we are supposed to be all giddy about it. I am thoroughly confused.

G17GUY
02-02-2010, 8:31 PM
elrcastor:
I get what you are saying, any opportunity to spread the word should be utilized to the fullest. It's mostly the open carry part that has me confused. The "official" Calguns stance has always been not to open carry, yet now it seems we are supposed to be all giddy about it. I am thoroughly confused.
you are confused

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3742853&postcount=40

wildhawker
02-02-2010, 8:36 PM
This has nothing to do with open carry. We will be displaying examples of CA-legal firearms just as we do at every gun show booth and outreach event. It's an attention getter, and we're just a few booths away from KISS County radio's booth... 68,000 watts of free radio advertising if we play our cards right. Think a Ma Deuce might get some looks from otherwise indifferent showgoers?

xxdabroxx
02-02-2010, 9:19 PM
This has nothing to do with open carry. We will be displaying examples of CA-legal firearms just as we do at every gun show booth and outreach event. It's an attention getter, and we're just a few booths away from KISS County radio's booth... 68,000 watts of free radio advertising if we play our cards right. Think a Ma Deuce might get some looks from otherwise indifferent showgoers?

I think that would do it, you have a deuce? I have a place we could shoot it! :D:D:D

bigcalidave
02-02-2010, 9:33 PM
Great job guys ! I'm glad this is coming together, and with guns!!!
Tue-Thursday of next week? What an odd schedule. Wish I could be there but that is totally out of the way for me.

xxdabroxx
02-03-2010, 7:53 AM
Its planned to in the middle of the week of the rainiest month of the year. Farmers cannot plow fields of mud.

Still need more people!

wildhawker
02-03-2010, 6:09 PM
Sneak peek at a couple of new CGF booth banners...

CGF#1
http://i45.tinypic.com/10iasf7.jpg

CGF#2
http://i47.tinypic.com/2edmqus.jpg

More to come... :43:

PORCH
02-03-2010, 7:23 PM
You should contact KMJ 580 to see if Ray Appleton can give CGF a plug on his show that he will be broadcasting live from the show.

Purple K
02-05-2010, 8:42 PM
BTT