PDA

View Full Version : ultimate SHTF set-up 1 Black type rifle,1 sniper,1 handgun,1 shotgun and misc gear?

louscamaro91
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Ok so I thought of this thread because everyone else has posted one and I wanted my own. I took some time tonight and did this photo-op with my blackberry...Can't afford a camera...
The question chose 1 Black type rifle, 1 sniper, 1 handgun, 1 shotgun and whatever gear you would grab in case of an all out zombie outbreak. It has to be stuff you currently own. No debates which one gun is better than the other. Have fun

Here are some pictures of my gear set-up for my wife and I

My gear:
Handgun- Springfield Professional 45ACP
Shotgun- Benelli M1014 12 gauge
Black Rifle- Robinson Armament XCR-L 5.56
Sniper Rifle- Remington 700 M24 S&B PMII Scope 308WIN.
Vest- RAV Tear-away vest with soft and ceramic plates
Helmet- PASGT LW LV IIIA With GEN3 PVS-7 rhino mount

Wifes gear...yea yea
Handgun- Nighthawk Talon 45ACP
Shotgun- Benelli M1 Super 90 12 gauge
Black Rifle- POF GENII P14.5 5.56
Sniper Rifle- M1A Supermatch Leupold MKIV 308WIN
Vest- Blackhawk S.T.R.I.K.E Tear-away with soft and ceramic plates
Helmet- None doesn't want to mess up hair good luck getting one on her noggin!

Please post up your pictures... Its just for fun guys so don't make fun of me..

http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4715
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4714
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4713
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4712
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4711
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4710

Ishoot
02-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Damn awesome gear mate. I'm officially jealous.

Richie Caketown
02-01-2010, 11:37 PM
show off :p

KillZone45
02-01-2010, 11:41 PM
show off :p

:43::43:

DREADNOUGHT78
02-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Damn bro! I understand why you can't afford a camera! Nice collection.

cmaher55
02-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I think I'd keep it light..... My AK with 500 rounds, my Ruger Mark 3 .22 pistol with about 1500 rounds, some good clean water, a little bleach, a blanket, some rain gear (...not bright orange), great boots, a compass, and extra socks. Probably just about what I could carry...? Regards

NiteQwill
02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Lou, you need a camera. I'm donating to your fund.

Noah3683
02-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Wow I officially feel way underarmed and outclassed weapon wise. lol

Handgun - Springfield XD45 service
Shotgun - Winchester 1300/knoxx stock
Black - Daniel Defense midlength
Sniper - Barret 98 .338LM/ leupold vx-3l 4.5-14x illuminated (given to me by my dad and I will still argue he got raped) beautiful weapon, but I can't justify it's price tag.

Wife's
Springfeld XD9
BCM midlength on doublestar lower.
Cam is now broken. (damn driveway) so no pics at the moment. lol

engineers101st
02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
:drool5: Man that is some great gear! Man i WISH my wife would carry something cause i'd be screwed carrying all the gear

louscamaro91
02-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Noah how do you like the barret? How does it group and are you handloading or using BHG?

nrvnqsrxk
02-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Cute how you got your wife a set too! Does she go with you to train as well?

Reserved for when I get a job and start making enough money to buy nice toys.

bigcalidave
02-02-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't get it. Your zombies have guns? :P jk

But SHTF I'll have my good AR and two handguns. If the shotgun will attach to whatever vehicle I have, great.
Three long guns, plus AMMO is too much. I'd rather have ammo and a few critical spare parts than spare guns.

Noah3683
02-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Noah how do you like the barret? How does it group and are you handloading or using BHG?
Shoots nice. recoil is manageble, but certainly wouldn't want to shoot it all day. My shoulder would be bruised and my a** bleeding from ammo cost. Groups around 1.5 moa at 200 yds but I'm sure that's more on me than the gun. I haven't had much chance to practice with it, since I can't afford the damn ammo. Using Black hills 300 gr sierra match king. that's what was given to me with the rifle (40 rds) and I think he paid about 2 bills for that. For my budget and skill level I would be better off with a savage or remi 700.

Noah3683
02-02-2010, 12:34 AM

Well, technically that was how I convinced her to allow me more weapons. lol She can keep the xd9 which she doesn't care for handguns much. I do intend to commandeer The bcm eventually though. She loves that so I must find her a replacement. maybe a stag or del-ton. hopefully she won't notice the difference. lol

aplinker
02-02-2010, 12:47 AM

Reserved for when I get a job and start making enough money to buy nice toys.

Yup... he's got the treats & shock collar, too.

I'm curious... what do you imagine you're doing in SHTF that each person needs 3 long guns?

Looks like you've got some good, fun toys. :)

OutlawDon
02-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Sweet collection.

Can't afford a camera?? Your priorities are a little off then. Nice guns but you need at least one nice camera. :p

Noah3683
02-02-2010, 1:10 AM
Lol a camera will not save your life if that situation ever comes down. I had 1 until saturday when I dropped it. I would much rather have lou's collection than a camera as well. lol

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 1:15 AM
I have a camera a Nikon something. I'm not into picture taking but it was not cheap for a guy that doesn't like taking pictures. :p

Hunt
02-02-2010, 2:02 AM
with that kind of arsenal out there I'll just hide in the attic

xaaronx
02-02-2010, 2:30 AM
I got my equip in the link below, minus the 870, dont have a LR rifle yet, but I DO have a digital camera LOL

LMT MRP

XD9

Diamondback Tac FAPC with ceramic plates.

J_Rock
02-02-2010, 6:37 AM
Too bad SHTF will never happen. But any excuse works to keep buying toys. ;)

RaymondMillbrae
02-02-2010, 6:51 AM
Rifle = Steyr Scout (.308)
Black Rifle = POF, Addax, or LWRC.
Pistol = Nighthawk Predator (.45 ACP), a Kimber Eclipse Custom II (10mm), and a stashed H&K USP (.45 ACP) buried and hidden from all.
Shotgun = Remmy 870P.
Ammo = a few thousand rounds on hand, and a few thousand already stashed and buried a while back.

I have all of the above...so if the world ever crashes, don't come to my place to pillage food/water supplies, or violate my family!

God first, family and survival second. Shelter and food will be provided by any means...which I am well prepared to do.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: It's not about your metalic armament, but the "meat armament" within your skull.

Noraku81
02-02-2010, 7:19 AM
That's a hell of a lot of stuff you'll be lugging around! Don't forget about how much ammo weighs!

shooterdude
02-02-2010, 8:22 AM
Rifle = Steyr Scout (.308)
Black Rifle = POF, Addax, or LWRC.
Pistol = Nighthawk Predator (.45 ACP), a Kimber Eclipse Custom II (10mm), and a stashed H&K USP (.45 ACP) buried and hidden from all.
Shotgun = Remmy 870P.
Ammo = a few thousand rounds on hand, and a few thousand already stashed and buried a while back.

I have all of the above...so if the world ever crashes, don't come to my place to pillage food/water supplies, or violate my family!

God first, family and survival second. Shelter and food will be provided by any means...which I am well prepared to do.

PS: It's not about your metalic armament, but the "meat armament" within your skull.

In case you haven't noticed the S**T has hit the fan but so slowly that you have come to accept it as part of everyday life. The liberals have been taking over the country for decades. Their strategy has involved patience and no shots fired. All the armament and ammo couldn't have stopped them.

What weapons will you fight them with?

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 8:32 AM
Its just for fun. I realise three long guns is TOO much, but IF you had to choose 1 of each what would you take.. remember the rest gets left behind so choose wisely and what suits you the best.... You could always stash the sniper rifle somewhere close by. I won't get caught wandering around without a shotgun and AR Type rifle.
Post some pictures of what you would take armament and gear wise.

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 8:37 AM
I got my equip in the link below, minus the 870, dont have a LR rifle yet, but I DO have a digital camera LOL

LMT MRP

XD9

Diamondback Tac FAPC with ceramic plates.

Now your cooking!
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4716

Jonathan Doe
02-02-2010, 8:52 AM
There you have it.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/5topgun/Guns/TacticalsetSmall.jpg

M1A Rifleman
02-02-2010, 9:38 AM
Too much to carry.
Not sure if you caught the History Channel last Saturday (1/30) morning. They had a SHTF program regarding how to survive a world event. The program was like a movie but they had commentators that described situations and problems. Long story short is that you will need to be prepared to be on foot, potentially without water or food, and carrying many items will be a problem. This program has caused me to rethink my plan.

Rob454
02-02-2010, 9:46 AM
IMO WWAAAYYYY too much crap to be carting around then you include ammo and food water etc. Unless you have done the humping with 80-90 pounds of crap on your back you'll be beat within a hour or so. Even if you have a vehicle I ALWAYS would plan to be walking simply because a vehicle can and will break down then you can only take what you can haul on your back. The rest i would hide. The incapacitate the truck further by taking the computer out. You can find parts to fix the truck and ensure that nobody drove away cause they had the spare part you didn't.
Out of all your guns I would choose the M1A, the shotgun and a pistol. I dont know about you but i would do my best to avoid getting in fights with zombies. M1A would be for sniping and any rifle duty I needed. Shotgun for hunting or close up support and pistol basically a last resort. I rather have more rounds than caliber at that point ( last resort)

ChrisO
02-02-2010, 9:51 AM
. Don't have any armor yet buttt it would be
My long range rig http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Chrisotk/download-15-2.jpg
My AK http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Chrisotk/download-14-1.jpg
My glock 17 http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Chrisotk/download-3-1.jpg
I also have a remington 870 HD but it's at my sisters right now and I don't have a pic of it ill have to get one up. Damn Louscamaro you got some nice S*** I really like that XCR!

ChrisO
02-02-2010, 9:52 AM
Oh hell yeah it's way to much stuff to be toting around I just thought it was for fun? I mean if your holding down the household or on some BOL then it's really not to much if you keep it in your rig and stash when you reach your bug out deistination.

HK Dave
02-02-2010, 9:57 AM
I don't think i'd carry more then 1 rifle and a pistol, just too bulky... rather carry more ammo.

My load out would probably be...

Rifle: Daniel Defense M4 with Eotech 516, Eotech 3x Magnifier for those long range shots, Surefire weaponlight and lots of ammo.
Handgun: H&K USP 40

If 5.56 isn't enough to stop these zombies... i'd take my M1A Scout.

Super Spy
02-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I need more guns......I have nice pistol, a couple of black rifles, and starting a C&R collection. I will probably pick up a bolt action rifle in 7mm Mag for hunting before this fall, and I'd like an FN SLP. Body Armor and Helmet w night vision are down the road......don't see the need. If someone breaks into the house in the middle of the night I grab my pistol and a flashlight and investigate.

shooterdude
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
If someone breaks into the house in the middle of the night I grab my pistol and a flashlight and investigate.

In your pajamas....

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I like darkness. I like the PVS-7 for navigating better than the PVS-14's. Playing with the IR laser/designator is fun.

Dirtbiker
02-02-2010, 10:13 AM
That is a serious stash of weapons. Really nice quailty stuff.

But IF (I just love these SHTF threads) it really hits the fan most of that stuff will be useless unless you're barricaded in a concrete reinforced structure. You'll need a vault to hold all of your stuff.

A handgun and a pump shotgun are probably your best bet.

Blood Ocean
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up before but there are many disasters that don't necessarily require an arsenal. This guy's blog about his experience in the aftermath of Katrina absolutely has changed my thought process on preparing for disaster, it's a long read but really interesting http://www.frfrogspad.com/disastr.htm

For the record I'm taking my CMMG m4, my Winchester Model 70 7MM Rem Mag, Mossberg Persuader, and my Kimber Grand Raptor II (it would really suck to have to use that nice a pistol for zombie killing).

doorman
02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Chrisotk/download-3-1.jpg
!

I'll take a log of the griz and go from there

bballwizard05
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
If you guys are strong enough to carry all the supplies plus ammo and 4 firearms, then HONEST PROPS to you. LOL no way am I gonna be able to hoof it with all that, and esp not my g-friend. Anyways I think I would pack up my BOB mall ninja vest, grab my saiga and bolt. I'll be getting a handgun in a few months so hopefully them zombies can wait until then! Shotgun would be nice to take with... I just dont see myself hoofing 3 guns. I know this thread is supposed to be about the pics, but I have held off posting my saiga until its done completely... :)

OutlawDon
02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
If you guys are strong enough to carry all the supplies plus ammo and 4 firearms, then HONEST PROPS to you. LOL no way am I gonna be able to hoof it with all that, and esp not my g-friend. Anyways I think I would pack up my BOB mall ninja vest, grab my saiga and bolt. I'll be getting a handgun in a few months so hopefully them zombies can wait until then! Shotgun would be nice to take with... I just dont see myself hoofing 3 guns. I know this thread is supposed to be about the pics, but I have held off posting my saiga until its done completely... :)

Agreed. This thread is about showing off anyway. ;)

Bottom line if it came to it, my bag will hold a bolt rifle, carbine AR rifle, and a handgun and lots of ammo. No weird obscure wildcat caliber. Basic common caliber. And that's how I've been directing my arms collection.

Stay practical, not tacticool.

I don't have a shotgun yet, but here's my setup...Savage 12FVSS, Glock 19, and my M4 carbine.

http://healthbydon.com/ar15family.jpg

Booshanky
02-02-2010, 1:09 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_4bf9tmqvjjY/SzAZe5Xz-uI/AAAAAAABLz0/TzE3TAjos9k/s800/IMG_1611.JPG

That's my 3 gun setup, no bolt action rifle though. Closest "sniper" rifle I have is my 10/22. Not much range to it though.

Basically my AR, my H&K USP .45F, two mags in pouches for each. Voila! Buttkickin to commence.

Flying Sig
02-02-2010, 2:24 PM
Bug out in truck:

- Rem 700 .308
- FN Police shotgun
- Sig 556
- Sig P220R .45
- Glock 23 .40

Bug out on foot:

- Sig 556
- Sig P220R
- Glock 23

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/wpmadden/Guns.jpg

Scorpiusdeus
02-02-2010, 2:51 PM
You guys are killing me. I feel inferior. For BO all I've set up is my S&W M&P40 and my PTR-91

Evo
02-02-2010, 3:00 PM
In a bug out situation I don't want casual observers to know we're armed until they need to know were armed so the backpacks my wife and I have are pretty discreet and my wife's holds her take down Browning BLR in .308, which is for hunting/long range and I'll keep my AR (broken down) in my backpack along with a 22LR conversion. Honestly I think a 556 AR with a 22LR conversion makes the most sense for a SHTF situation, you can carry crazy amounts of ammo and most often won't need anything bigger. Add two or three mags of 556 just in case and you're set. The majority of the pack should be dedicated to water, food and survival gear.

As for side arms we're getting the wife a Sig 226 and I'm thinking about a Glock G26 for my bug out bag. My normal pistol is an HK USPc in .40 which I love, but I think a small concealable pistol in the most common possible cartridge is a better choice since again I think it's much better to stay low profile in these situations or you end up attracting more attention than you'd like, wether it's from emergency personnel or just other refugees and survivors.

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 3:07 PM
My bob guns will be the same as my wifes. Same ammo and mags. Its just for fun so not so serious.. There is no way I'm taking a sniper rifle but the Xcr is super light not to fancy and can take a swim with it.

rambo
02-02-2010, 3:08 PM
In your pajamas....

in my b-day suit if neccesary!:eek:

FMJBT
02-02-2010, 3:22 PM
http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/SHTF_Pack_Out.jpg

DMR/Black Rifle combined in the 18" SPR. Not a heavy hitter like a 308 or 300 Win Mag, but accurate enough to make hits on Zombie size targets out to around 800 yards. Yank the scope and bipod off and it's good to go for close range work.

1911 for fighting my way back to the rifle or shotgun I never should have dropped in the first place.

Winchester 1300 for public relations work.

cmaher55
02-02-2010, 4:04 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up before but there are many disasters that don't necessarily require an arsenal. This guy's blog about his experience in the aftermath of Katrina absolutely has changed my thought process on preparing for disaster, it's a long read but really interesting http://www.frfrogspad.com/disastr.htm

For the record I'm taking my CMMG m4, my Winchester Model 70 7MM Rem Mag, Mossberg Persuader, and my Kimber Grand Raptor II (it would really suck to have to use that nice a pistol for zombie killing).

Thanks for that link.... I read the whole thing. Human nature is not always pleasant.... Regards

ccandgc
02-02-2010, 5:41 PM
Option one for me....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/ccandgc/IMG_2410.jpg

More options.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/ccandgc/IMG_2411.jpg

wksun88
02-02-2010, 7:32 PM
Well, technically that was how I convinced her to allow me more weapons. lol She can keep the xd9 which she doesn't care for handguns much. I do intend to commandeer The bcm eventually though. She loves that so I must find her a replacement. maybe a stag or del-ton. hopefully she won't notice the difference. lol
HAHA yes! that's how you do it :D

1 SIG fan
02-02-2010, 7:43 PM
I dunno... after Gene said there are 600,000 + black rifles... I think everyones going to be shooting everyone who walks by. We need a CGN hand signal.

HK Dave
02-02-2010, 8:29 PM
I say we make a CGN Patch and sew it onto our gear. ;)

technique
02-02-2010, 8:35 PM

I can make that happen with the proper authorization.

OP,
Nice stuff you got there. I can't say I agree with your liking of the PVS7s though. I think for navigation, as you mentioned, be it in a vehicle....you can better navigate with 14s. You can see the gauges better too with your non-NVG eye.

I also like the 14s better when shooting. I am slowly learning to use them.
My understanding is that if you go white (meaning your NVGs are flashed by light) you're kinda ****ed with 7s, you gotta lift them up. With the 14, you still have your good eye.

1 SIG fan
02-02-2010, 8:46 PM

Whats FOV at 1000 yards? i want one for front and back of my head, back, pack, end of rifle.

I'm gonna make a ghillie suit out of them!

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 9:48 PM
I'll buy some patches. I want mine to look like a mean grizzly bear instead of walking bear on the flag.

bballwizard05
02-02-2010, 10:01 PM

I am really down with this idea! Id buy a few!

Maximusmax51
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I second THE CGN patch. Already have a hat with it embroidered.
Great post op, love these posts, makes put on Red Dawn for the 10,000th time.

a1fabweld
02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I'll be packin' my tactical 10/22 for my black rifle, my 10/22 loaded with snakeshot for my shotgun, my 10/22 bull barrel for my sniper gun, & my 10/22 charger as my pistol. Watch out suckas!

slappomatt
02-02-2010, 10:11 PM
this seems to omit the standard STHF rule of two is one. And one is none.

also tag for my pics when I have time.

TURBOELKY
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
I'll be packin' my tactical 10/22 for my black rifle, my 10/22 loaded with snakeshot for my shotgun, my 10/22 bull barrel for my sniper gun, & my 10/22 charger as my pistol. Watch out suckas!

well,,,,,,I guess you wont have a problem with mixing up your ammunition?:D

xaaronx
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Also in on CG patches and hand signals.

xounlistedxox
02-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Mine would have to be:

Black Rifle: LMT 14.5" DI Fail Zero BCG plenty of Slip and tw25b
Sniper: Remington 700 with bull barrel and Nikon Monarch Gold
Pistol: 1911 Springfield TRP Operator
Shotgun: Rmington 870

Gear:
TAG Plate Carrier w/Level IV Stand Alone Plates and IIIa vest w/Mic Helmet
Blackwater Extended Mission Sized Pack
All the food/water/ammo I could carry MRE's etc

AM9000
02-02-2010, 11:07 PM
http://www.trackhype.com/imgexport.asp?imgid={7D946F3A-8E77-4EB9-8D8C-EA8B1D643D08}

SHTF trio. Larry, Moe and Curly.

Crazed_SS
02-02-2010, 11:12 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/crazed1x/gats/IMG_2694.jpg
and
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/crazed1x/gats/IMG_0641-1.jpg

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 11:27 PM
The battle proven M1 Garand!! Nice pictures everyone

Rob Roy
02-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Nice collection :thumbsup: but too heavy to lug around and not so descreet unless you are going for a war. I'd go with 9mm handgun when SHTF.

bambam8d1
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
louscamaro... nice setup.. im liking your grips on that 1911 what are they?

louscamaro91
02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
The professional has strider gunner grips and the NH has G10 grips

Maximusmax51
02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Nice collection :thumbsup: but too heavy to lug around and not so descreet unless you are going for a war. I'd go with 9mm handgun when SHTF.

Why the 9 in the SHTF?? Weight?? Think the pistol + ammo will make that much difference when comparing the 9mm to a 45acp?
Side note: im a SA TRP guy lol

AM9000
02-02-2010, 11:46 PM
I can make that happen with the proper authorization.

I vote for a patch also, and I submit this design...

http://www.trackhype.com/imgexport.asp?imgid={C1936DAB-410C-449D-A225-1B04ECBC779B}

Mad Scotsman
02-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Mall ninja vest holds:
XD9, SA .45 ACP, Mossy 590 pump strapped to the back, and tactical strap UZI 9mm carbine up front. Magazines and shells everywhere. I'm used to carrying the weight in my line of work. Adding an AR to the stash next week. GOOD bag in the Jeep.

Rob Roy
02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Why the 9 in the SHTF?? Weight?? Think the pistol + ammo will make that much difference when comparing the 9mm to a 45acp?
Side note: im a SA TRP guy lol
Yes, weight is the issue and the difference is substantial.

AM9000
02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
9mm is a Nato round... That multiples its availability a bit.

visualnewbie
02-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Just in case we need to keep track of interest, I'm also in for a couple patches...

chsk9
02-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm open to other views- but I've been thinking that: a .22lr pistol (Ruger Mk 1 to 3 or Browning Buckmark) plus 6 mags & a brick of ammo might do it. Light weight, and in a disaster I really only want to keep people off my back and travel light. I'm really accurate with a pistol and don't think anyone under a 100 yards would want to poke their heads up too much. Thoughts?

technique
02-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Thread for CGs moral patches here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=266037 so not to jack this thread...

Scratch705
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM
In for patch too... haha

as for Bugging out..... i am planning to stay in the house/area for as long as possible before venturing out to nowhere. knowing your terrain is always more important than how much gear you can carry. and can arm a few neighbors to help in protection.

louscamaro91
02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
I think a 22 is great for hunting small game but in a defensive situation close up would be ok because you could pop off as many rounds and hit within a reasonable grouping(NO RECOIL) , If you we're at a distance it would not work out(ACCURACY STINKS) .Plus 22's are kind of notorious for jamming and cases splitting in the chamber.

Scratch705
02-03-2010, 12:46 AM
.22lr also ain't exactly known to be weather resistant either.... so you would have to take much more care to water proof them, in separate packs so if one gets wet, not all of them goes bye bye

louscamaro91
02-03-2010, 12:46 AM
The patch idea is great.. I want mine to have a grizzly popping out with an AR in his jaws

randy
02-03-2010, 1:33 AM
I'd need a LAV just to carry the guns and ammo you've picked out. What about the rest of the gear/supplies?

xaaronx
02-03-2010, 1:43 AM

http://www.trackhype.com/imgexport.asp?imgid={C1936DAB-410C-449D-A225-1B04ECBC779B}

I like this a lot, and Ill put it on the front of my plate carrier, but make em RED or IR reflective because no bull**** IMO the greatest threat during SHTF would be friendly fire from scared and paranoid people. LOL and the only people Im wary of are people on this board 1) because youre all pretty close to me 2) you all have hardware that others (gangbangers, hippies, retired people etc.) dont have 3) were all probably heading out to the same areas and 4) Were all going to be very on edge- so identification is key IMO. Also a CG patch is just baddass.

J_Rock
02-03-2010, 5:39 AM
My ultimate SHTF set up

http://www.xenex.org/justify/i/hot-fuzz-angel.jpg

J_Rock
02-03-2010, 5:40 AM
My ultimate SHTF set up

http://www.imfdb.org/images/6/6b/The_Boondock_Saints_-_Il_Duce.jpg

louscamaro91
02-03-2010, 9:40 PM
http://www.upitall.com/Private/u/136/206/4717

Maddog5150
02-03-2010, 9:53 PM

Take out the cross rifles. Putting them on your own personal patch or sticker is not cool.

Leesan82
02-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I say replace cross rifles with cross AR15s :D

for me, in SHTF
My LMT 14.5, Sig P226 with P225 as back up.

Trendkill
02-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Primary Black Rifle and Primary sidearm...Noveske Middy and M&P-40
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_4170.jpg

Secondary/BUG - Colt 1911
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_5914.jpg

AK
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/necritan/IMG_5946.jpg

ddindetroit
02-04-2010, 8:18 PM
Ok so I thought of this thread because everyone else has posted one and I wanted my own. I took some time tonight and did this photo-op with my blackberry...Can't afford a camera...
The question chose 1 Black type rifle, 1 sniper, 1 handgun, 1 shotgun and whatever gear you would grab in case of an all out zombie outbreak. It has to be stuff you currently own. No debates which one gun is better than the other. Have fun

My gear:

Wifes gear...yea yea

You have the best stuff Lou.

I like how you started this thread. I was reading Pop N' Drops thread also about BOB bags. I have some interesting ideas and I shared them with PND.

Take care,

ddindetroit

Trendkill
02-04-2010, 8:21 PM
You have the best stuff Lou.

Minus the camera thing.....we need better pics Lou.

AM9000
02-04-2010, 9:42 PM
Updated...

http://www.trackhype.com/imgexport.asp?imgid={331091C6-F66E-4F6D-BADE-B98EF4F34AE7}

Thread discussing the design :
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=266037

Norccer
02-05-2010, 6:27 AM
Black Rifle: BCM AR-15
Long Rifle: Mosin Nagant
Pistol: None
Shotgun: None

I am only 19, lol... Looks like I know what to buy when I get back from Italy. (Not a pistol)

delisle
02-05-2010, 7:39 AM
My SHTF list

Battle rifle: Mini-14 set-up scout style w/ hogue stock, adjustable gas block and tactical carrying sling.
Pistol: My XD 45

Wifes list

Pistol: 1911 (which ever one she wants from my collection)
Shotgun: Remington 870 w/ 18 inch barrel

BillyGoatMachine
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM

This^^^^^^^^^

But just in case, I'd stay away from anything heavy. Like that M1A for your lady. I doubt she could carry it for extended periods of time. I'd be slashing with this
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq65/pablo4surf/MistressesandM1017.jpg

Leesan82
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Nice looking blade, what's the make and model?

Edit: Thanks for answering skkeeter ;)

BillyGoatMachine
02-05-2010, 2:10 PM
Nice looking blade, what's the make and model?

Busse Combat AK
(AK stands for American Katana)
Pricey, but they are incredible. Made from INFI steel.

Maximusmax51
02-05-2010, 4:32 PM
Lovin this thread! Gun porn!:eek:
Here is my SHTF setup...work in progress.
-SA 1987 NM M1A
-AR 556 w/trijicon acog
-Benelli SuperNova Tac
-SA TRP 1911
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/Maximusmax51/2010-02-05161901.jpg

Double_D
02-05-2010, 5:04 PM
I'm way jealous of you lou

long rifle - Mosin Nagant 91/30
black rifle - ak 47
shotgun - stevens 620 12ga
handgun - taurus 608 .357 magnum
misc. gear - my truck

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/aznfury408/p_00100.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/aznfury408/P_00044.jpg

Maximusmax51
06-06-2010, 2:44 PM
Hey Boyz lets get this thread going again. Its been a while and i know we've all sold and added to the KIT. Lets see em!!

Lucky Scott
06-06-2010, 3:13 PM
Well first off, i got backpacks in my car and my wife and daughters cars loaded with food, water, good walking shoes, jacket, water purifier tablets, first aid kit, etc. Gotta have supplies and water.

Load up with Guns, Ammo, and backpacks. I think handguns are more concealable and will attract less attention so I think two or three of them would be a good idea, but I cant leave the shotgun behind.

06-06-2010, 4:51 PM

SHTF is my excuse to have a safe full of rifles and get away with them from the scrutiny of my boss at home. :D

bombadillo
06-06-2010, 5:12 PM
It would have to be my AR, XD9/DW PM-7, and a good blade.

Pyrodyne
06-06-2010, 5:56 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs659.snc3/32561_123500777690609_100000920633874_117826_82155 91_n.jpg

Unfortunately after years of collecting, second-guessing, and determining to bring it all, this was the ultimate result... :D

Retzius
06-06-2010, 6:31 PM
If the SHTF you'd be at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder carrying around all that gear.

Try this, weigh all of it, add ammo, weigh it again. Now, take that weight and add it in a backpack along with food, water, and shelter. Now go hike 15 miles in the heat...

The Infantry taught me a valuable lesson: Ounces are pounds and pounds are pain.

pyromensch
06-06-2010, 7:57 PM

My gear:

Wifes gear...yea yea

couldn't see the picks, but i did notice that you loved your wife, "avatar".

pyromensch
06-06-2010, 8:04 PM
why in the hell would you want to "bug out", you are a moving target. stay put, and you are a "baracaded deterent", only you don't have to carry all the stuff

pyromensch
06-06-2010, 8:09 PM
IMO WWAAAYYYY too much crap to be carting around then you include ammo and food water etc. Unless you have done the humping with 80-90 pounds of crap on your back you'll be beat within a hour or so. Even if you have a vehicle I ALWAYS would plan to be walking simply because a vehicle can and will break down then you can only take what you can haul on your back. The rest i would hide. The incapacitate the truck further by taking the computer out. You can find parts to fix the truck and ensure that nobody drove away cause they had the spare part you didn't.
Out of all your guns I would choose the M1A, the shotgun and a pistol. I dont know about you but i would do my best to avoid getting in fights with zombies. M1A would be for sniping and any rifle duty I needed. Shotgun for hunting or close up support and pistol basically a last resort. I rather have more rounds than caliber at that point ( last resort)

can't take the computer outa my truck, it's a 70 chev. i like to be able to fix what i drive, wear, shoot, live in, etc
and although an m1a would be a preferred rifle, 556 is a more available round, (these days), and reloading is not practical, so scrounging, and harvesting the ammo for your rifle/pisol/shotgun should be the way to arrange your shtf bugout gear.

by the way SHTF?!, i lived this in the eighties, is it dejavu

oddjob
06-06-2010, 8:42 PM
I read an interesting article by the late Jeff Cooper about the amount of handgun ammo used in times of war by an individual soldier. The most he ever discovered was about 50 rds and that was .45 acp ammo used during the entire war by soldiers in WW2. Maybe in a SHTF situation stocking handgun ammo for yourself is overrated (unless you have a sub-gun or something close). It would make good bartering items though.

Heavy_Grinder
06-06-2010, 8:45 PM
You're forgetting your machete(s). Because eventually bullets will run out;)

xxINKxx
06-06-2010, 8:47 PM
Hopefully if S really HTF, all the calgunners would meet up with eachother in whatever chapters were at and join forces, and create our own small army looking out for eachother. And each person could do a specific chore, helping eachother stay alive for whatever situation the "SHTF" is.

Either way. Ide have my AR and remove any CA compliant parts and use 1 of my glocks (not sure what one ide grab) probably give my shotgun to another buddy since gear does weigh alot. And its only good for CQB which I have 2 other guns that will get me by enough.

Everyone thinks they can just grab 3 guns and plenty of ammo for it. Ya right, if you arent in shape then good luck getting a block away befor killing yourself from being tired and thirsty with all that weight. Thats not even including plenty of water, food and gear to survive.

C.W.M.V.
06-06-2010, 8:49 PM
Realistic SHTF gear.

Handgun-
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t322/dotson_kc/Cap_00358.jpg
Shotgun-
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t322/dotson_kc/ak74_wood.jpg
Black Rifle-
Sniper Rifle-

We Are Apocalypse
06-06-2010, 9:06 PM
Replace that 1911 with a Glock 17 and you and I will be in business. AK all day. In SHTF, I have no intention of picking anyone off at more than 50 feet if I'm at my residence. Anything more might be considered murder.

C.W.M.V.
06-06-2010, 9:08 PM
Replace that 1911 with a Glock 17 and you and I will be in business. AK all day. In SHTF, I have no intention of picking anyone off at more than 50 feet if I'm at my residence. Anything more might be considered murder.

Actually the G17 is my wifes! But then so is the AK, I will be packing the PSL.

hossb7
06-06-2010, 9:35 PM
only really need two:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/hossb7/ARRig1.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/hossb7/guns/Photo2.jpg

but if i have to have a shotgun:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/hossb7/guns/NV018.jpg

thayne
06-06-2010, 10:24 PM
My SHTF setup right now is:
Rifle Mini-14
Pistol HK USP 9mm
Knife Ka-Bar USMC fighting knife

Im in the process of building an AR. When its done the mini-14 will be back up. I hdnt thought about a shotgun, but i would think it would get to be too much to carry. Maybe a shotgun back at home or in camp, but on the move just a rifle, pistol and knife

C_1
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
AK and Glock. 'Nuff said..

RaymondMillbrae
06-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Have you guys ever been to a 3-gun match, or a multi-gun match?

Look around and check out how folks are moving from stage to stage. With one or two long guns, your holstered pistol, ammo for your multiple weapons, and maybe lunch and something cold to drink...everyone is using CARTS!

Every once in a while will you see someone actuall packing their gear in a pack, and physically carrying the ammo "in hand" from stage to stage.

I think folks watch too much TV, or play too many video games, and have this preconceived idea of being an infantryman or something. I can tell you for a fact that most of yall have no idea what it's like to hump a pack - a fully loaded pack - for an extended period of time.

Bottom line, it's all about one decent long rifle, and an easily concealed hand gun. Both of these will be playing double duty - for defense and food supply.

The ammo should already be stashed in different locations...and lets not forget the stashed food/water, and the first aid kits.

Come to think of it, most of us will probably have more concerns with ensuring that the better half and children will be able to survive and keep up.

If you don't have the time and training (actually humping these items for an extended period of time, or urban or rural survival skills), then yall are in "La-La Land" and need to get away from your TV's and video games.

Come to a multi-gun match and play with the big boys. Lug around some actual gear in the hot sun for a day...and then read some of the comments on this thread and share your input. ;)

oddjob
06-07-2010, 9:31 AM
Raymond is 100% correct. I shoot 3-gun and have to use a garden cart for the day. When I shoot a regular USPSA match and carry 300 rds of .40 S&W ammo and mags its heavy!! One rifle and one handgun is all I can handle if I have to hike it. I have been through some rural/urban/combat medical survival training. My biggest concern would be water supply.

More than likely I will stay at home with my family. I can't see my wife hiking with a rifle.....blow dryer and makeup case....yes, but not a rifle.

fun topic though!!

C.W.M.V.
06-07-2010, 9:34 AM
Have you guys ever been to a 3-gun match, or a multi-gun match?

Look around and check out how folks are moving from stage to stage. With one or two long guns, your holstered pistol, ammo for your multiple weapons, and maybe lunch and something cold to drink...everyone is using CARTS!

Every once in a while will you see someone actuall packing their gear in a pack, and physically carrying the ammo "in hand" from stage to stage.

I think folks watch too much TV, or play too many video games, and have this preconceived idea of being an infantryman or something. I can tell you for a fact that most of yall have no idea what it's like to hump a pack - a fully loaded pack - for an extended period of time.

Bottom line, it's all about one decent long rifle, and an easily concealed hand gun. Both of these will be playing double duty - for defense and food supply.

The ammo should already be stashed in different locations...and lets not forget the stashed food/water, and the first aid kits.

Come to think of it, most of us will probably have more concerns with ensuring that the better half and children will be able to survive and keep up.

If you don't have the time and training (actually humping these items for an extended period of time, or urban or rural survival skills), then yall are in "La-La Land" and need to get away from your TV's and video games.

Come to a multi-gun match and play with the big boys. Lug around some actual gear in the hot sun for a day...and then read some of the comments on this thread and share your input. ;)

Truth!
its like the bug out bag threads, everyone is bringing cloths and sleep gear and hell one guy had a portable stove! Ha!
You need a poncho, a woobie, 3 days rations (ready to eat), ammo, map, compass/protractor, and comms-and then as much water as you can carry.

Norccer
06-07-2010, 2:44 PM
It is not realistic to have so many guns for SHTF unless you stay at your house which is not a good idea in most cases. I would have my AR-15 and at most 2 pistols, and some ammunition + other survival goods in a large pack.

tast101
06-07-2010, 4:26 PM
Hopefully if S really HTF, all the calgunners would meet up with eachother in whatever chapters were at and join forces, and create our own small army looking out for eachother. And each person could do a specific chore, helping eachother stay alive for whatever situation the "SHTF" is.

Either way. Ide have my AR and remove any CA compliant parts and use 1 of my glocks (not sure what one ide grab) probably give my shotgun to another buddy since gear does weigh alot. And its only good for CQB which I have 2 other guns that will get me by enough.

Everyone thinks they can just grab 3 guns and plenty of ammo for it. Ya right, if you arent in shape then good luck getting a block away befor killing yourself from being tired and thirsty with all that weight. Thats not even including plenty of water, food and gear to survive.

Word.. We're gonna need some trucks to load up on ammo etc, and a nice place to post up at. Gotta have people that have different trades to make sure we keep everything in running order and everyone alive.

My little collection consists of my Stag AR, Sig P226 9mm, 38 spl, and a mossberg 500.

telcolineman
06-07-2010, 5:18 PM
Lets see, AR10 for sniper AR15 for HD and H&K usp 45 for HG and 870 for shotgun and a few 1000 rounds to cover all the above

RaymondMillbrae
06-07-2010, 5:20 PM
Funny yall should say that.

Have you seen the number of fools out there on the internet? Just look at some of the posts on this site.

I'm a shooter, and I love to help fellow shooters out.

I also like to help with the political aspect of defending our 2nd Amendment rights.

But if society should fall, anyone other than family would be suspect.

I'm not into gathering together, or even into structering roving bands to gather for a specific group. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I would be protecting my family from.

Don't really know what I would do...but having a clear head and proper training would be the first step.

Funny topic. Kinda reminds me of "Mad Max," or that new movie, "The Road".

They are like a sausage - there is just enough of the truth in the skin to make people believe in them...but they are actually stuffed with a lie.

Dhena81
06-08-2010, 2:35 AM
To entertain our weapons of choice of each catagory

Black-My FDE LWRC M6A3 with aimpoint comp m3 getting an Acog
Shotgun-Benelli m4 like it maybe the 870 because of durability
Handgun-Sig P226 love it maybe the G17 because of weight its just a handgun
Precision rifle-All I have is a stripped 7.62 nato cmmg lower 100% tricked out I even have a NightForce 5.5-22X56 w/zero stop but no upper yet waiting on the LMT maybe the REPR 20" its just to much maybe POF 20"

But really I'll just be taking my LWRC and about 330 rounds more if driving of TAP and my secondary with my Eagle industries releasable armor molle vest and 40 lb pack watch the ounces and the Rubicon. No money thats for sure thats long gone this year.

ZX-10R
06-08-2010, 6:50 AM
I do not own a handgun but I would go with...
PSL - No zombie is too far away
WASR 10/63 - Who knows when I need to shoot 600 zombies without cleaning.
AR - Just in case I can't find any 7.62x54 or 7.62x39...Unlikely but possible.
A very large backpack - Ammo/ water/ food
A machete - Nothing can stop a big machete except a gun
Cigarettes - Who's going to cure cancer in a post apocalyptic world? There would be bigger concerns.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
06-08-2010, 5:51 PM
AR carbine and Colt Series 70. Six mags for the pistol, six for the rifle. Everything else is food, water, survival gear. I'm too old, gimpy 'n wore out to carry any more than that. If the truck (or some other vehicle) isn't usable, guess I'm just gonna have to stay home. You'll know my house by the ring of bodies successfully engaged targets surrounding it. Approach with caution. :44:

If concealment is an issue, substitute a Kel-Tec SU-16 in a backpack for the AR. Either way, will bring ballistic vest, just because.

jonmalibuss
06-08-2010, 6:47 PM
Ok I'll play
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/jonmalibuss/Guncollectionandspooner006.jpg?t=1276047596
Left to right:Remington 870 12ga with many mods, ar15 .223 built on spikes receiver and 20" barrel from JP, Custom AR pistol built on an 80% receiver chambered in .45 acp which almost runs flawless, Springfield XD compact .45 acp, Romanian underfolder AK 7.62x39, Romanian fixed stock also 7.62x39, and lastly as of now is a Romanian PSL 7.62x54r which isn't finished just yet.