PDA

View Full Version : RE:AB962 - I Got this in the mail today

1BigPea
02-01-2010, 6:58 PM
Did anybody else get this from J&G Sales? I got it today, and it worries me quite a bit. Even though AB962 states handgun ammunition, check out the 2nd page where it talks about the law and what it affects, my red arrow points out the paragraph. My feelings since this bill passed is it's going to be extremely hard to get even common rifle calibers like .223 or 7.62 because of this BS law. This seems like a way to get people to start stocking up on ammo now, a scare tactic but I need tons of ammo in 2011 too!

As things move forward hopefully we destroy this bill, but if AB962 does goes into effect we're going to run into some major issues getting any type of ammo online.

We need to get this bill repealed or struck down in the courts!!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/1BigPea/img006jpg_0001.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/1BigPea/img007_0001.jpg

obeygiant
02-01-2010, 6:59 PM
I have a feeling that they will be getting a very informative letter in the near future. And it simply says they are unsure which calibers will be approved for shipment, to the best of my knowledge neither are we as the law is ambiguous and says "handgun ammuniton", not that they are banning sales to CA at this time.

Dangerpin
02-01-2010, 7:05 PM
This borders on fear-mongering. Without the arrowed section it might be a friendly warning to customers, with it, I believe it meets the requirements for FUD.

I don't believe these guys are sponsors, I sure hope not.

1BigPea
02-01-2010, 7:07 PM
This borders on fear-mongering. Without the arrowed section it might be a friendly warning to customers, with it, I believe it meets the requirements for FUD.

I added the red arrow to point out rifle calibers, not them.

Gryff
02-01-2010, 7:10 PM
That's an incredibly tacky ad. J&G just dropped to my "Only if no other option" retail choice.

obeygiant
02-01-2010, 7:10 PM

I doubt it qualifies as fear-mongering as they are simply stating the facts as they are and also direct you to the repeal AB962 effort. The truth is that if we are unsuccessful via legislation or litigation then you should stock up now if you don't want to submit a thumbprint and have to buy ammo face to face.

Dangerpin
02-01-2010, 7:12 PM
I just meant that this section in particular seems like a step over the line between information and FUD. Fear based ads piss me off almost as much as the laws themselves.

I doubt it qualifies as fear-mongering as they are simply stating the facts as they are and also direct you to the repeal AB962 effort. The truth is that if we are unsuccessful via legislation or litigation then you should stock up now if you don't want to submit a thumbprint and have to buy ammo face to face.

I disagree. It is a direct appeal to fear disguised in a sheepskin of information and political spur.

And if we cannot get it repealed I will be giving my ammo sales tax money to another state. That is, unless they somehow can rope NV into not allowing sales to me.

obeygiant
02-01-2010, 7:15 PM
I just meant that this section in particular seems like a step over the line between information and FUD. Fear based ads piss me off almost as much as the laws themselves.
I can see how it could be read that way but I can also see how they would want to inform their customers who may or may not be aware of the change in law and are taking a pre-emptive strike against all the email and phone calls that will have to be dealt with.

Dangerpin
02-01-2010, 7:28 PM
I think I just need to restrict myself to 1 hour or less in the 2nd Amendments area. Deep contemplation of Ca laws are working me up too much.

Back to the Marketplace/Centerfire rifles for me.

obeygiant
02-01-2010, 7:30 PM
I think I just need to restrict myself to 1 hour or less in the 2nd Amendments area. Deep contemplation of Ca laws are working me up too much.

Back to the Marketplace/Centerfire rifles for me.

:D it can get the blood boiling and the adrenaline running.

pitchbaby
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
With any hope AB962 will be repealed. In the meantime, just buy ammo while you can from places you trust.... and if AB962 sticks..... move to Nevada!