PDA

View Full Version : Resonable 6.8

rocker
02-01-2010, 4:28 PM
I was considering the Rugar Mini 14 6.8. But it seems they are on hold from the factory. Probably something to do with the new specs. So who makes a reasonably priced 6.8 that is not an AR platform. I want something that looks similar to the mini 14 (low key) and priced as such. I cant find anything. Thanks

Sick Boy
02-01-2010, 4:37 PM
I think you might have a hard time finding one.

I know Remington makes a 700 in 6.8 and other than the Mini-14, that's the only ones I could find in a non-AR platform.

If you do decide to go AR, but want a cheap, but decent rifle, the Stag Model 7 is a very nice rifle.

Hope you find something less conspicuous to your liking.

-Zack

xibunkrlilkidsx
02-01-2010, 4:40 PM
eh...dont know of any outside of the Ar platform for semi.

looking for something that doesnt look as "evil" im guessing?

sholling
02-01-2010, 5:16 PM
I was considering the Rugar Mini 14 6.8. But it seems they are on hold from the factory. Probably something to do with the new specs. So who makes a reasonably priced 6.8 that is not an AR platform. I want something that looks similar to the mini 14 (low key) and priced as such. I cant find anything. Thanks
The original 6.8 spec was handcuffed by the chamber and a too fast twist that together limited velocities. I would wait for the new version. Honestly what I'd like to see is CZ come out with a version of their CZ527 Carbine in 6.8 SPC. That would be the ultimate bolt action brush rifle.

rocker
02-01-2010, 5:39 PM
I checked out the Stag Arms model 7 its not bad. And it is reasonably priced. I hope Ruger updates their model 6.8 soon. Thanks

ElvenSoul
02-01-2010, 5:43 PM
You could always go to White Oak and buy a barrel and make your own upper from parts.

Sky_DiveR
02-01-2010, 5:57 PM
...Honestly what I'd like to see is CZ come out with a version of their CZ527 Carbine in 6.8 SPC. That would be the ultimate bolt action brush rifle.

Wouldn't that be the cat's meow??!! Rem 700 is nice for upgrading but the CZ for out of the package light portable tackdriving.... ME-OW!