G-Man WC
02-01-2010, 2:52 PM
Wow...Just wow! -g

Tragic Image
02-01-2010, 2:52 PM
tap dancing jesus that looks horrible.

Bug Splat
02-01-2010, 2:54 PM
I'm 99% sure that last pic is not related to the others. Those pictures have actually been around for quite some time now. Mythbusters tried to dupe it but could not. Personally I think they were just using the wrong barrel type.

NRAhighpowershooter
02-01-2010, 3:29 PM
this one has been around the internet for a few years now.....

MasterYong
02-01-2010, 3:32 PM
Where's you get the pics? Surely the source was referenced, even if incorrectly so?

Doesn't seem like a bore sight would do that.... DAYUM!

ocabj
02-01-2010, 3:40 PM
At first I thought this was a necro from 2007...

CSACANNONEER
02-01-2010, 3:42 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want or need to waste their money on a laser bore sighter. Specially to use in a bolt gun.

Twystd1
02-01-2010, 3:51 PM
It only hurt for a little while...

Twystd1

Bug Splat
02-01-2010, 4:01 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want or need to waste their money on a laser bore sighter. Specially to use in a bolt gun.

You and me both. I just don't get it. :confused:

RawImpact
02-01-2010, 4:13 PM

puts you on paper, then the rest is using the scope.

ar15barrels
02-01-2010, 4:15 PM

I guess you don't realize that you can look down the bore on a bolt action rifle... ;)
The only reason for a laser bore sighter is on lever action, pump action or semi autos where you can't see down the bore.

turbochris
02-01-2010, 4:19 PM
old news

Jonathan Doe
02-01-2010, 4:33 PM
I just use Bushnell optical bore sighter. Time and time again, it works for me. It gets me within 1 inch or so from the point of aim. Good enough for me. And, I never forget to take it off the rifle before shooting.

KevinXT
02-01-2010, 4:53 PM
epic fail....

ae13291
02-01-2010, 4:56 PM
wow crazy!!

gun toting monkeyboy
02-01-2010, 5:07 PM
That'll buff right out...

Ok, the injuries don't look like they came from a rifle going Ka-Boom like that. I saw video of a guy doing something similar while hunting. He managed to get his bore plugged with snow or dirt. Looked exactly the same as that gun. There were no injuries to the shooter. Just a puzzled "WTF?" followed by "Somebody hand me another rifle quick, he's getting away." It had that same peeled-like-a-banana look.

SLYoteBoy
02-01-2010, 5:13 PM
looks like the typical cartoons , put your finger into the bore , buildup of pressure = banana peel barrel.

almost positive I have seen this , a long time ago.

CSACANNONEER
02-01-2010, 6:08 PM

Come on up, meet me at a range and I'll show you how to sight in any gun at any distance with one shot. I do take a second shot to fine tune and a third for comfirmation but, one shot should get you in the black.

sreiter
02-01-2010, 6:08 PM
i saw an interesting way to zero - havent tried it. the guy shot, moved his cross hairs to the hole in the paper. reacquired the target. shot. he was a inch or so off. moved the cross hairs to the hole, ect. until he zero's - seemed the easiest thing ever

corrupt
02-01-2010, 6:12 PM
Laser bore sight are particularly useful when zeroing lasers.

In the military we used to use them all the time to zero things like an-peq2 and other infrared doodads.

Timberwolf
02-01-2010, 6:15 PM
i saw an interesting way to zero - havent tried it. the guy shot, moved his cross hairs to the hole in the paper. reacquired the target. shot. he was a inch or so off. moved the cross hairs to the hole, ect. until he zero's - seemed the easiest thing ever

That is the correct way to sight in if you're on paper with the first shot. I zero people's scopes as a service at the range where I work. My normal procedure with a bolt gun - put target at 33 yards, pull bolt on rifle; look through bore and center target with bore; clamp down rifle and look through scope & adjust as needed to get scope aligned with target; fire first shot; move turrets to center cross hairs on hole from first shot; move target to 100 yards and fine tune zero, - I can usually have a rifle zeroed in 3 - 5 shots.

five.five-six
02-01-2010, 6:15 PM
yea, the scope looks unharmed, but the guys' face 2 feet behind it is destroyed..... 2+2=22

ErikTheRed
02-01-2010, 6:29 PM
It does happen...... heres proof.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkz_Zuo8g0U

nrakid88
02-01-2010, 6:34 PM
It does happen...... heres proof.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkz_Zuo8g0U

Haha, wonder if he still got the kill

doc540
02-01-2010, 7:00 PM
yeah, i think the last pic is added for effect

gun toting monkeyboy
02-01-2010, 9:36 PM
I think that is the same vid I saw, but the other one was a bit longer. A few seconds later he asks for another gun.

CSACANNONEER
02-02-2010, 7:04 AM

That is the correct way to sight in if you're on paper with the first shot. I zero people's scopes as a service at the range where I work. My normal procedure with a bolt gun - put target at 33 yards, pull bolt on rifle; look through bore and center target with bore; clamp down rifle and look through scope & adjust as needed to get scope aligned with target; fire first shot; move turrets to center cross hairs on hole from first shot; move target to 100 yards and fine tune zero, - I can usually have a rifle zeroed in 3 - 5 shots.

You don't even have to be on paper. If you can spot your impact on the berm, you can adjust your POA accordingly.

Timberwolf
02-02-2010, 7:23 AM
You don't even have to be on paper. If you can spot your impact on the berm, you can adjust your POA accordingly.

Shhh - trade secret LOL

ar15barrels
02-02-2010, 8:03 AM

We were having a hard time spotting 1000yd little gun hits on the berm sunday because the berm was in shadow during the first relay.
Only the 50's were making enough dirt splash to see.

corrupt
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
You don't typically use bore sights at a target a click away....

Phireglass
02-02-2010, 12:34 PM
this looks suspiciously wack

CSACANNONEER
02-05-2010, 7:16 PM
We were having a hard time spotting 1000yd little gun hits on the berm sunday because the berm was in shadow during the first relay.
Only the 50's were making enough dirt splash to see.

Your eyes are just getting old. See if your eye doctor can get you a perscription for some 100x glasses.

VarmintKiller
02-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I had a shotgun blowout before while duck hunting. Fired at a duck once, then twice, then pow. Turned out the second shot only sent the wad about 3/4 of the way down the barrel. Must have been wet powder or a bad primer. Whatever it was it cycled the third round into the chamber.

B Strong
02-06-2010, 8:17 AM
I believe that everyone has a right to own firearms, but not everybody should.

Hope the shooter is OK, and he finds another hobby.

Seesm
02-06-2010, 7:43 PM
Come on up, meet me at a range and I'll show you how to sight in any gun at any distance with one shot. I do take a second shot to fine tune and a third for comfirmation but, one shot should get you in the black.

Wish you lived closer as ALL my rifles, Ok MOSt of them... need you!! :) I shoot ok but would love to shoot better.

CSACANNONEER
02-06-2010, 7:48 PM
Wish you lived closer as ALL my rifles, Ok MOSt of them... need you!! :) I shoot ok but would love to shoot better.

I'll let you know next time I go up to the lake. I've got a family cabin in kinky beach. Or, you could just send them all to me for sighting in and safe keeping. I promise to feed them all on a regular basis and send you the bill!:D

bombadillo
02-06-2010, 7:56 PM
I zeroed mine at around 1.5" low at 25 guesstimated yards, and it was only a few clicks off at 100. I had about an inch and a half low, and 2 inches to the left. Anyway, I'll always visually do it rather than try to use a laser anyway.